All Things Kaden Johnson Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020, top rated MN HS recruit)

If Kaden and Lockett commit to the Gophers, any chance Craig McDonald would flip from Iowa State? Probably not any room at this point, unless he wanted to take a "maroon shirt".

I think there may be more decommits coming, and some guys flipping commitments to the U. Still a lot of time to finalize the class. I'd like to see Johnson and Lockett for sure. McDonald is a weird situation and this is a pretty heavy DB class, if I remember correctly.

I think there may be more decommits coming, and some guys flipping commitments to the U. Still a lot of time to finalize the class. I'd like to see Johnson and Lockett for sure. McDonald is a weird situation and this is a pretty heavy DB class, if I remember correctly.

We have two 3* safeties already committed, both with 87 ratings from 247 (not composite), one from GA and one from TX. McDonald is a 3* 86 from 247, so it would on paper be the same level just from in-state.

Still, would be cool to have a local trio stay home, similar to what the men's basketball team got last year.

We have two 3* safeties already committed, both with 87 ratings from 247 (not composite), one from GA and one from TX. McDonald is a 3* 86 from 247, so it would on paper be the same level just from in-state.

Still, would be cool to have a local trio stay home, similar to what the men's basketball team got last year.

Agreed. I'm all for getting local talent, especially when its on par with other commits. Three safeties is a lot though and I think he committed to ISU pretty early.

Will be interesting to see how Lockett and Johnson play out. I'd prefer Johnson if I only got 1 of them, but Lockett seems more likely to me.

Only reason I see McDonald flipping is if Campbell bounced out of Ames to a new school this off-season.

What about Lakeville North Riley Mahlman the 2021 Wisconsin commit? Any chance he will flip to the Gophers?

What about Lakeville North Riley Mahlman the 2021 Wisconsin commit? Any chance he will flip to the Gophers?

It is a long time till he can sign on the dotted line, so anything is possible in the next year. Haven't heard anything in particular about him wavering.

He definitely should be offered tickets to a VIP box for the Axe game this year. Wisconsin will probably ask him to not accept those, and either not come to the game or stand on their sideline.

Bryce Benhart. He would have looked good I was Gopher Maroon and Gold.

I dunno about Lockett, how many WRs do we need?

I dunno about Lockett, how many WRs do we need?[/Q
While the Gophers have excellent WR's, and they are slated to add 3 more good ones; I think that you still add a player who could be special. The fact that he is from Minnehaha makes it a slam dunk.

I dunno about Lockett, how many WRs do we need?[/Q
While the Gophers have excellent WR's, and they are slated to add 3 more good ones; I think that you still add a player who could be special. The fact that he is from Minnehaha makes it a slam dunk.

3 more? Looks like 6 to me. Mann, McGill, Bellido, Thomas, Flemming, and Jackson.

Alright Kaden, not sure what else you want to see. Let’s do this!

I wonder if this weekend will move the needle at all. Dude could come in a be a stud starter next year.

I think this game may have caught his attention, but if we beat Wisconsin again it may move the needle.

I did here some rumors that he wasn't big on PJ as a coach though, and winning doesn't solve that.

I think this game may have caught his attention, but if we beat Wisconsin again it may move the needle.

I did here some rumors that he wasn't big on PJ as a coach though, and winning doesn't solve that.

We want players that want to be here. If it's not his thing, so be it.

If that is/was true, maybe he will start to grow on him. Being in the playoff conversation might change his thinking a bit.

To each his own bit if I were to choose between high octane (Fleck) and Comatose/Cadaver (Chryst) I would take high octane any day!

The biggest selling point should be the fact that he may actually get to play, and play a lot, as a freshman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's time for Kaden Johnson to step forward and say "I'm going to be a Gopher".

The biggest selling point should be the fact that he may actually get to play, and play a lot, as a freshman.

Let’s pump the brakes a little on that. You know P.J. would want to get a redshirt year out of him.

We've developed enough depth that it will be extremely rare to see a true freshman play. They only guys that won't redshirt this year are special teamers (Nubin, Lantz, Weeks).

I don't think that means much to most croots. Lotta great croots choose to go get in line behind the big boys at the blue bloods.

You'd think it would matter, but I don't think these kids imagine themselves not playing... so they don't consider "hey you can play" all that interesting a situation.

And if they did think about it, having good guys around you is a HUGE help too. If you're a one man show WR, or DL ... gonna have a hard time.

I doubt if one key win or loss makes that much of a difference.
If he was there, the game day environment maybe helped, but I don't think these decisions are made on impulse on one game.

A productive season might help validate something a coach has said, but again, I wouldn't expect anyone to change their opinion on a single game.
Either you want a holistic approach to becoming a better person or you don't. Or if you do, you want to do it here, or you don't.

We've developed enough depth that it will be extremely rare to see a true freshman play. They only guys that won't redshirt this year are special teamers (Nubin, Lantz, Weeks).

Wouldn’t call Nubian a special teamer although some of the games he’s solely participated in that capacity. He’s definitely in the line for major time next year.

Top Bottom