All Things Kaden Johnson Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020, top rated MN HS recruit)

Most seem to think the longer he waits, the better the gophers chances.

In today’s age, a MN kid who wants to play for the Gophers is better off committing early, as it helps create momentum and makes it easier for other highly rated players to see themselves coming here. Oturu/Coughlin come to mind, even Annexstad committing early I think helped with Faalele and Dunlop...

Kaden Johnson

I'm hearing that Kaden to Wisconsin is picking up steam....really hope PJ can keep him in state

I’m curious: if he has been to both places, numerous times, talked to both staffs, numerous times, and is fully aware of recent historical results and the likely trajectories of both programs over the next few years ...... what else is there to decide??

Why hasn’t the decision been made already??

This is where my eternal pessimist takes over and starts to wonder if “something else” is being finalized by each school in their respective final offers. Trying to pull together the last bits of this “something else”. Do I really need to spell out in gory detail, what I’m referring to? Use your imagination ....

I’m curious: if he has been to both places, numerous times, talked to both staffs, numerous times, and is fully aware of recent historical results and the likely trajectories of both programs over the next few years ...... what else is there to decide??

This is where my eternal pessimist takes over and starts to wonder if “something else” is being finalized by each school in their respective final offers. Trying to pull together the last bits of this “something else”. Do I really need to spell out in gory detail, what I’m referring to? Use your imagination ....

Because at 17-18 years old these young men aren't sure of themselves yet. They're waiting for certainty, for a sign, for a feeling. Some of them are waiting for hummers and wads of cash, too, but not many are, and of those who ask for it, very few get it. Let's hope - together - that it's nothing as crass as that.

How do you know that very few get it?? Regardless, he indeed seems like he could qualify as one of those few (who could ... not saying he asked).

You act as if Minnesota and Wisconsin are the only two possibilities. Maybe he's simply holding out for a more "big time" offer?

Oh, so Nebraska is heavily in the mix now?

[/B]

Oh, so Nebraska is heavily in the mix now?

Nebraska is very much in the mix. Frost feel VERY good with their relationship with him. Hes setting up an OV for a gameday. The game isnt set yet but im guessing Ohio State will be the game he chooses in week 5.

There is no formula to where a kid goes. No logic. Only an educated guess. There are multiple schools who feel they have a good shot to land him.

Nebraska is very much in the mix. Frost feel VERY good with their relationship with him. Hes setting up an OV for a gameday. The game isnt set yet but im guessing Ohio State will be the game he chooses in week 5.

There is no formula to where a kid goes. No logic. Only an educated guess. There are multiple schools who feel they have a good shot to land him.

Agree. (Finally figured out your name. Took me a bit. I'm slow. huSKERZfan.)

And really unless you're deciding between full rides at Harvard vs. nowhere community college .... everything is debatable and they're kids.

It's a crazy choice for a kid to make, nothing is obvious.

Plus he also hasn't taken a OV here either, maybe he wants to do that but is waiting for the season to start so he can go to a game?

My educated guess: If Johnson goes to that NE/OSU game then he is as good as gone. I saw Behnart on the field in Lincoln last year at the Gopher/Husker game and the atmosphere was just colossal. I knew at that moment, he was going to end up a Husker. This game must be what he is waiting for.

Hopefully OSU puts a beat down on the Huskers that game.

Good luck to the young man.

My educated guess: If Johnson goes to that NE/OSU game then he is as good as gone. I saw Behnart on the field in Lincoln last year at the Gopher/Husker game and the atmosphere was just colossal. I knew at that moment, he was going to end up a Husker. This game must be what he is waiting for.

I go back and forth, but I will say he picks Wisconsin.

It’s a catch 22 when you play a massive game. You get rolled and he stadium is dead with people leaving early, that probably isn’t going to leave the lasting impression you’re looking for

Plus he also hasn't taken a OV here either, maybe he wants to do that but is waiting for the season to start so he can go to a game?

Ah, my bad. I saw the June 2 visit but didn’t notice it was a UV.

Could be that since he’s so close, he can take unofficials here any time he wants, and so maybe he feels he doesn’t want to “waste” an OV here.

Those types of sentiments, if true (I’m taking wild guesses) would smell to me like he wants to get out of the state, and go somewhere “big time”. Hope not, we’ll see.

Last edited:

I am certain that he would not care.

Nor did any of the other blue chippers who grew up in state, and wanted to get out of the state, broaden their horizons, and go somewhere “big time”.

Only thing that will fix that is winning.

Even then, there are certainly kids who grow up in WI and IA who just want to get away.

Last edited:

Hoping this is a good sign, as they don't go to the same school so it's not like he's excited for a teammate. However, I suppose they could have met and become friends at a football camp or something.

Last edited:

Whoops wrong tweet, I'll fix it

EDIT: fixed

I go back and forth, but I will say he picks Wisconsin.

From what i have heard through the grapevines is that Wisconsin has had a slight edge for a few months. But that means jack when OVs and gamedays havnt even been taken yet. Itll take 110% effort for the school that will get his commitment.

From what i have heard through the grapevines is that Wisconsin has had a slight edge for a few months. But that means jack when OVs and gamedays havnt even been taken yet. Itll take 110% effort for the school that will get his commitment.

He did take an OV to Wisc according to 247, late June. Maybe that is a mistake and it was a UV?

He did take an OV to Wisc according to 247, late June. Maybe that is a mistake and it was a UV?

Okay so hes had one unofficial and one official and im guessing thats why Wisconsin is leading at the moment. He has already taken an unofficial to Nebraska. But i dont see that he has to Minnesota? Correct me if thats wrong. I personally think this is a huge disadvantage towards Wisky because the two other schools going after him hard have the VIP treatment yet to come. Lets be honest, schools who get the last cracks at a recruit have huge advantages and a way better close rate.
Its easy to forget what you liked about a previous school but its really easy to see what you liked better about the last school that you saw.

They (247) show him taking a UV here on June 3rd. But honestly he lives so close that he could come over to campus any time he wants.

Yes I agree, seems huge to take an OV during a big home game weekend? Wonder if Minn would have the cajones to have him take his OV for the Wisc game?? :cool:

Okay so hes had one unofficial and one official and im guessing thats why Wisconsin is leading at the moment. He has already taken an unofficial to Nebraska. But i dont see that he has to Minnesota? Correct me if thats wrong. I personally think this is a huge disadvantage towards Wisky because the two other schools going after him hard have the VIP treatment yet to come. Lets be honest, schools who get the last cracks at a recruit have huge advantages and a way better close rate.
Its easy to forget what you liked about a previous school but its really easy to see what you liked better about the last school that you saw.
You want the first or the last, the middle doesn't matter

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

You want the first or the last, the middle doesn't matter

Well Wisc was the first OV. I’m sure weather was nice, but nothing going on. No games, no students, no parties. Probably still had a nice time. Offer’s on the table.

Benhart was gone his sophomore spring when Fleck kept pressuring him by asking him, (paraphrasing) "what are you waiting for? commit already."

That turned Benhart off from the beginning. He couldn't stand Ed Warriner either. Thus, even with Ed gone, Benhart was already done with the U.

Benhart was gone his sophomore spring when Fleck kept pressuring him by asking him, (paraphrasing) "what are you waiting for? commit already."

That turned Benhart off from the beginning. He couldn't stand Ed Warriner either. Thus, even with Ed gone, Benhart was already done with the U.

Sorry to hear this. I wouldn't think many guys would like this.

Benhart has a better chance of seeing the field where he's at! It was a good move for him!

Top Bottom