All Things Kaden Johnson Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020, top rated MN HS recruit)

Benhart has a better chance of seeing the field where he's at! It was a good move for him!

Not necessarily

I think if Benhart were here, he'd have a good chance to win the starting LT job over Schlueter and Dickson. Schlueter already got beat out once by a true freshman OT and Benhart was ranked a lot higher ranked than Faalele was.

Not necessarily

I think if Benhart were here, he'd have a good chance to win the starting LT job over Schlueter and Dickson. Schlueter already got beat out once by a true freshman OT and Benhart was ranked a lot higher ranked than Faalele was.

Don't believe he would beat out Dickson.

My crazy take.....Benhart to draft after year 3.

Don't believe he would beat out Dickson.

We'll see. Dickson hasn't been ablate separate himself from Schlueter so far and got beat a few times by Mafe in the spring game. I'm not quite as optimistic on him as I used to be.

Benhart was ranked a lot higher ranked than Faalele was.

I wouldn't say a lot higher

RIVALS:

Faalele was 4* #138 nationally, #10 OT
Benhart was 4* #139 nationally, #18 OT

24/7:

Faalele was 4* #295 nationally, #19 OT
Benhart at 4* #158 nationally, #13 OT

ESPN:

Faalele was 4* #20 OT
Benhart was 4* #31 OT

Of the two, Faalele had a significantly better offer list.

It doesn’t really matter at this point. Both of them will probably be fine, but I’d take Faalele over Benhart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I just don't get it why Benhart would chose the Huskers over the Gophers. Does he hate PJ Fleck's method madness that much?

RIVALS:

1 behind overall, but 8 behind at the same position?

RIVALS:

24/7:

Faalele was 4* #295 nationally, #19 OT
Benhart at 4* #158 nationally, #13 OT

ESPN:

Faalele was 4* #20 OT
Benhart was 4* #31 OT

You are using the 247 composite instead of 247's own ranking's. Faalele was ranked #631 overall by 247's own rankings and was only the #51 OT. Benhart was #121 overall and the #14 OT by 247.

And Benhart was graded higher by ESPN than Faalele (81 vs 80). Benhart was #275 overall on ESPN, Faalele was unranked nationally.

Last edited:

I just don't get it why Benhart would chose the Huskers over the Gophers. Does he hate PJ Fleck's method madness that much?

You’ve never been to a game in Lincoln have you?

It’s amazing Faalele was able to get 4 stars, and offers from Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, etc. considering he never played a down in a football game until his Senior year. It’s even more amazing that he’s here instead of one of those helmet schools. I’m guessing he wouldn’t have played much last year at one of those schools. He made the right choice.

Of the two, Faalele had a significantly better offer list.

How do you figure?

Faalele: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida St., Georgia, Illinois, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Tennessee, Virginia, UCLA

Benhart: Duke, Iowa St., Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Oregon, Tennessee Wisconsin

Benhart didn't have offers from Alabama, Georgia, or LSU, just like Faalele didn't have offers from Oklahoma, Notre Dame, or Oregon. I'd call them pretty close to equal, with perhaps a slight edge to Faalele.

How do you figure?

Faalele: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida St., Georgia, Illinois, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Tennessee, Virginia, UCLA

Benhart: Duke, Iowa St., Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Oregon, Tennessee Wisconsin

Benhart didn't have offers from Alabama, Georgia, or LSU, just like Faalele didn't have offers from Oklahoma, Notre Dame, or Oregon. I'd call them pretty close to equal, with perhaps a slight edge to Faalele.

There are a lot more “Helmet schools” in that first list. It’s more than just slightly better, but it would be a waste of time to spend another minute debating it.

You’ve never been to a game in Lincoln have you?

The Huskers have built up a very strong base of diehards, from their winning days a few decades ago.

Will be interesting to see if that base is self-sustaining at this point (they bring their kids to tailgating and games, kids grow up with it, then they become diehards, bring their kids, etc.) OR if it can actually start to die off if the program goes long enough without ever winning big again. If Frost flops after 4-5 years, will be quite delicious watching the panic set in down in Lincoln.

This thread is about Kaden Johnson's recruitment. If you want to discuss other topics please start a new thread. Non Kaden Johnson posts will be deleted.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Time to move along. This kid has no intention of staying home. Losing top 5 in state talent will not stop until we start beating Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin on a regular basis.

Time to move along. This kid has no intention of staying home. Losing top 5 in state talent will not stop until we start beating Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin on a regular basis.

Why would we move along? Our class is pretty much full and we have room for one spot left. Might as well swing for the fences. Winning during the season will help our case so I hope they focus on that.

Go Gophers!!

What I think is the best fit for me is what I got out of this which is fine. It's a life changing decision. He is being courted big time being the top rated player in the state.

IMHO, he can't go wrong by staying home. If you are that great a player, the NFL will find you.

Wishing him the best. I hope he picks the Gophers.

This thread is starting to feel like the Tyus and Tre Jones threads on the basketball forum.

Hope we get him, but PJ has recruited a decent class without him.
Nothing we can do about it.

Winning during the season will help our case so I hope they focus on that.

This is probably our only chance, on this specific high end recruit.

Beat both Nebraska and Wisconsin at home, and have the courage to invite him to the recruiting suite/box for both games.

This is probably our only chance, on this specific high end recruit.

Beat both Nebraska and Wisconsin at home, and have the courage to invite him to the recruiting suite/box for both games.

Nothing new here. Winning = better recruiting opportunities. This has been the case with Gopher football for as long as I can recall. Fleck got a honeymoon boost based on his national exposure from the 13-1 WMU season. That is gone.

Rubber, meet road. Just win.

Kaden officially made his official visit to Nebraska for the Ohio State game. Sounds like that's going to be the big recruiting weekend for the blue chip recruits.

Our biggest recruiting liability is the game day atmosphere and the level of Minnesota fan enthusiasm.

Top Bottom