All Things Kaden Johnson Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020, top rated MN HS recruit)

Is Fleck suddenly not too much for Kaden?

Maybe he really didn't like Wisconsin and is gonna give PJ a chance?

Either way, as far as I could tell it was between us and Wisconsin, and since he didn't immediately commit to Wisconsin I think there is a chance!

Like, maybe he wants to go on an official visit here before committing anywhere, but also I don't buy the "PJ is too much for him" line. Like, if he though PJ was too much, why would he have done 6 (6!) Unofficial visits? We all know it doesn't take that long to form an opinion on PJ because he has a very strong personality.

Albeit, he could be waiting for his senior season, to see if any bigger helmet schools come in and offer him. Either way, at this moment I still think we have a shot. If he goes on an official visit here, and then doesn't commit, then I will start to worry.

I thought I saw a tweet yesterday Johnson was on the UofM campus.

Is Fleck suddenly not too much for Kaden?

Sort of. He wants to go to Minnesota, but not an overly big Fleck fan is what I'm hearing. If he was, it would be done by now.

I'm feeling good about Minnesota now if it stays between the two of us, but I would not be surprised if someone else pops up besides Wisc/MN.

Last edited:

Sort of. He wants to go to Minnesota, but not an overly big Fleck fan is what I'm hearing. If he was, it would be done by now.

I'm feeling good about Minnesota now, but I would not be surprised if someone else pops up besides Wisc/MN.

Given how much time he’s spending around the program, perhaps Fleck is growing on him a little. He probably talks to a lot of current players. Some of those who were around when Fleck took over probably weren’t sure about him either, at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given how much time he’s spending around the program, perhaps Fleck is growing on him a little. He probably talks to a lot of current players. Some of those who were around when Fleck took over probably weren’t sure about him either, at first.

Get in the boat Kaden!

Once you do, run sideline to sideline with that speed and create havoc!

Brown and Kaden could be quite the pairing.

I like they have a solid back up plan in Joe Moore. Either one would ELITE.

Moore was supposed to be down to NC and us.

It now sounds like it's us and Illinois. He says he has a target date of August 18 for an announcement. Sounds like it could drag out. He's also going to visit ASU.

A crystal ball prediction was put in for Minnesota yesterday.

This guy would be huge. If given the choice of Moore or Kaden, I'd choose Moore.

If both commit, I'd scream!

Last edited:

Like, maybe he wants to go on an official visit here before committing anywhere, but also I don't buy the "PJ is too much for him" line. Like, if he though PJ was too much, why would he have done 6 (6!) Unofficial visits? We all know it doesn't take that long to form an opinion on PJ because he has a very strong personality.

Albeit, he could be waiting for his senior season, to see if any bigger helmet schools come in and offer him. Either way, at this moment I still think we have a shot. If he goes on an official visit here, and then doesn't commit, then I will start to worry.
I would also say in football the relationship you have with the position coach is more important, that's who you spend the most time with

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We need to get him to the BBQ in late July and put the clamps on him. Johnson that is.

It's weird you are there 6 times and can't pull the trigger.

The time is now Kaden!

Moore isn't a backup plan at all. He's a run-stuffing DE that can also get after the QB. Kaden is a LB with elite speed who can chase people down all over the field.

Both would be takes any time they want to commit.

Moore isn't a backup plan at all. He's a run-stuffing DE that can also get after the QB. Kaden is a LB with elite speed who can chase people down all over the field.

Both would be takes any time they want to commit.

Absolutely!

They will take 3 more if they like them.

I'm feeling good about Minnesota now if it stays between the two of us, but I would not be surprised if someone else pops up besides Wisc/MN.

How does that play out?

Like he would go to MN if it was TC? Jerry?

I'm really not sure those provide a lot higher desirability ...

I get there can be personality conflicts but I also don't really buy into the idea of "Oh man I really want to walk into that doorway... but i'm not doing it right now..."

I'm not sure MN has that much desirability, outside of the coach / program ... it's nice, but I don't think we're one of those schools.

How does that play out?

Like he would go to MN if it was TC? Jerry?

I'm really not sure those provide a lot higher desirability ...

I get there can be personality conflicts but I also don't really buy into the idea of "Oh man I really want to walk into that doorway... but i'm not doing it right now..."

I'm not sure MN has that much desirability, outside of the coach / program ... it's nice, but I don't think we're one of those schools.

Had I had Kaden's talent I'm sure I'd have picked Minnesota due to my dad and family.

I'm a quiet and reserved person though. The "rah rah stuff" was never my cup of tea. I motivated myself and just wanted to get down to business.

I think I would have chosen Minnesota and put up with Fleck.

and don't get me wrong........I love Fleck as coach of the gophers.

If a kid doesn't want Flack... Fleck doesn't want the kid. It is all about culture. I think Johnson is just taking some time and that is fair. He is a huge talent with a lot of opportunities. A chance to win is important and that opportunity to win now exists in Minnesota.

Man you are a pessimist.

We have a lot to offer as a state, city, and University. Build the program up and win and why not at least get to the level of Michigan State or Wisconsin. We won't ever be Michigan or Ohio State but neither will any other Big Ten team.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I remember when Daddy Winfield wasn’t sold on Fleck, until they actually met. I thought for sure Jr. would be transferring. He must be sold on him now, considering two of his kids are now in the program.

Last edited:

Kaden Johnson is also planning a official visit in the fall to Nebraska he has said.

Kaden Johnson is also planning a official visit in the fall to Nebraska he has said.

Does he drink heavily or snort coke? I can see how that might see inviting then...

The longer he waits the more likely Kaden will end up at a place like Nebraska.

Starting to feel like Quinn Carroll. He had 9 unofficial visits.

Man you are a pessimist.

We have a lot to offer as a state, city, and University. Build the program up and win and why not at least get to the level of Michigan State or Wisconsin. We won't ever be Michigan or Ohio State but neither will any other Big Ten team.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

It is a great school.

But nothing indicates that the U croots are interested in the University all by itself.

Top Bottom