Turf Removal

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
PROCESS IS UNDER WAY!

The synthetic turf at TCF Bank Stadium is getting replaced!
The turf is available for FREE. You just need to make arrangements to pick it up.

Available dates for pick up:
Thursday, April 25
Friday, April 26
Monday, April 29

Attached you will find two forms to complete and return to Mike McDonald CSFM, TCF Bank Stadium.

Mike's phone: 612-328-5812 or office at 612-625-5154.
Email: [email protected]

TCF BANK STADIUM TURF (free)

Name: _________________________________
Place: _________________________________
____ Number of Rolls (4’ x 160’ @ 400-500 lbs. ea.)
Takes up 4’ x 4’ area. ROLLS ARE NOT BINDED TOGETHER. There also might be odd lengths of 4’ rolls (40’, 80’ 100’…???)
Fibers are 2-2 ½ inches long. Matting is 1/16”
Rolls will be loaded on-site for you.
Pick up Day: between 8 am to 4 pm

____ Thurs., April 25 @ ____________ <approx. time>

____ Fri., April 26 @ ____________ <approx. time>

_____ Mon., April 29 @ ________________ <approx. time>

INTERESTED – Please use the attached form, EMAIL to Mike McDonald and bring a copy with you.
Email [email protected] with your needs. Mike’s phones: 612-625-5154 or 612-328-5812©

PROCESS IS UNDER WAY!

The synthetic turf at TCF Bank Stadium is getting replaced!
The turf is available for FREE. You just need to make arrangements to pick it up.

Available dates for pick up:
Thursday, April 25
Friday, April 26
Monday, April 29

Attached you will find two forms to complete and return to Mike McDonald CSFM, TCF Bank Stadium.

Mike's phone: 612-328-5812 or office at 612-625-5154.
Email: [email protected]

TCF BANK STADIUM TURF (free)

Name: _________________________________
Place: _________________________________
____ Number of Rolls (4’ x 160’ @ 400-500 lbs. ea.)
Takes up 4’ x 4’ area. ROLLS ARE NOT BINDED TOGETHER. There also might be odd lengths of 4’ rolls (40’, 80’ 100’…???)
Fibers are 2-2 ½ inches long. Matting is 1/16”
Rolls will be loaded on-site for you.
Pick up Day: between 8 am to 4 pm

____ Thurs., April 25 @ ____________ <approx. time>

____ Fri., April 26 @ ____________ <approx. time>

_____ Mon., April 29 @ ________________ <approx. time>

INTERESTED – Please use the attached form, EMAIL to Mike McDonald and bring a copy with you.
Email [email protected] with your needs. Mike’s phones: 612-625-5154 or 612-328-5812©

Only 500 lbs......piece of cake to take that away....

I posted a while back about the fact TCF Bank Stadium is getting new turf - and had recalled the deal with the Loons said they had to replace the turf when they departed to their new stadium. It is nice to hear this finally is happening.

My biggest fear is they do some sort of multi-functional turf painting design that requires more field painting and less stitching. PLEASE NO!

I hope it goes back to maroon end zones. I miss those maroon end zones so much I no longer care if they are a perfect match to the shade of maroon on the seat backs.

Any knowledge or guesses on what it will look like? I guess I would assume it will be a copy of what is in the new indoor practice facility. Just please go back to stitching and maroon end zones.

I posted a while back about the fact TCF Bank Stadium is getting new turf - and had recalled the deal with the Loons said they had to replace the turf when they departed to their new stadium. It is nice to hear this finally is happening.

My biggest fear is they do some sort of multi-functional turf painting design that requires more field painting and less stitching. PLEASE NO!

I hope it goes back to maroon end zones. I miss those maroon end zones so much I no longer care if they are a perfect match to the shade of maroon on the seat backs.

Any knowledge or guesses on what it will look like. I guess I would assume it will be a copy of what is in the new indoor practice facility. Just please go back to stitching and maroon end zones.

I think they are doing anthracite endzones. /s

Any knowledge or guesses on what it will look like? I guess I would assume it will be a copy of what is in the new indoor practice facility. Just please go back to stitching and maroon end zones.

Spoke with the stadium manager last week. Maroon end zones. I don't know if the Minnesota will be in the old typeface or match the new indoor field (didn't think about asking that question).

It will essentially be the same as it was originally just with updated B1G and TCF Bank Stadium logos.

Is this the original turf? Or has this been done before?

Also, it would be awesome if someone took it ALL and built their own Gopher field of dreams on some farm in the country.

Serious question:

Is anybody familiar enough with this stuff to know if it would be a viable alternative to the artificial grass some folks are getting on their lawns (can you cut it easily, would I need to remove topsoil first, etc.)?

I have a small back yard and the %^&$ dog destroys it every year. I'm done repairing it every spring.

Serious question:

Is anybody familiar enough with this stuff to know if it would be a viable alternative to the artificial grass some folks are getting on their lawns (can you cut it easily, would I need to remove topsoil first, etc.)?

I have a small back yard and the %^&$ dog destroys it every year. I'm done repairing it every spring.

I don't think so.

This stuff has to be anchored properly and still maintained / has a shelf life.... and those black rubber bits get EVERYWHERE.

I wonder what happened to the last couple fields? Seems like some low income high school could have benefited from receiving a free field. Especially the Vikings/Gophers field, since it didn't have logos...

Serious question:

Each blade is about 10” long and has about 8” of base within the “structure”. So, no.

Field Turf Cross-section

Last edited:

the other day, on ryan burns podcast, he said that he vikings ripped up the heating coils when they were done using the stadium. Can anyone confirm this?

Each blade is about 10” long and has about 8” of base within the “structure”. So, no.

Field Turf Cross-section

Yeah, the whole artificial grass thing is just an idea that's been kicking around in my head. After seeing this post I did a little googling, and there's significantly more to it than simply prepping a base and putting it down. Not to mention you want to get the right product for the specific application which field turf obviously isn't as you point out.

Field Turf Cross-section

The sales pitch in that link doesn’t jibe with the field being replaced for the third time in 5 years. Anyone know why they’re renovating so soon?

Yeah, the whole artificial grass thing is just an idea that's been kicking around in my head. After seeing this post I did a little googling, and there's significantly more to it than simply prepping a base and putting it down. Not to mention you want to get the right product for the specific application which field turf obviously isn't as you point out.

I saw some of that artificial lawn a couple of weeks ago in San Diego. It looks real nice and much better than rocks and gravel. It was rolled out like sod, about 2” high with a black backing.

I would think that putting 8 inches of sand in place of the rubber infill would give you the same 2” grass height. The sand would be much harder, but I suspect that you are not going to be playing tackle football on it. It would be a lot of work, but it should last for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoke with the stadium manager last week. Maroon end zones. I don't know if the Minnesota will be in the old typeface or match the new indoor field (didn't think about asking that question).

It will essentially be the same as it was originally just with updated B1G and TCF Bank Stadium logos.

Glad to hear. Hope it matches the practice facility. If I remember the original turf it was maroon, gold letters with a white outline. Looks better without the white outline imo

Would be nice if they can get the state in there as well but also need to get the B1G and TCF logos.

Finally love the maroon around the entire white sideline in the practice facility and hope it carries over.

Field Turf Cross-section

Are you certain? I have neighbors who are using field turf like materials to cover their back or side yards. This is in the city where houses are very close. Maybe they dug it down so it could fit height-wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so.

This stuff has to be anchored properly and still maintained / has a shelf life.... and those black rubber bits get EVERYWHERE.

To me this sounds like a mess waiting to happen if you do it. I can't imagine dealing with all those rubber bits.

Top Bottom