2022 Schedule

MNfootballfan

Reaction score
Pretty interesting schedule that the U released yesterday regarding play in 2022. Five home games to start the year and only two of the last seven are at home. Last five weeks go at Nebraska, at Michigan State, vs. Northwestern, at Penn State, at Wisconsin. I am sure that the U doesn't schedule the Big Ten portion of the schedule but no matter how you slice it the schedule sucks for fans and the team.

9/1 vs. New Mexico State
9/10 vs. Western Illinois
9/17 vs. Colorado
9/24 vs. Iowa
10/1 vs. Rutgers
10/8 at Illinois
10/15 vs. Purdue
10/22 at Nebraska
11/5 at Michigan State
11/12 vs. Northwestern
11/19 at Penn State
11/26 at Wisconsin

I mainly look at schedules with the tailgate planning in mind because it's such a large part of our game day experience. Part of me likes the fact that almost all the tailgates should have decent weather. But 5 tailgates in a 30 day period is a lot to plan and burnout could be a real issue.

RIP the band. 5 shows in 5 weeks will be tough.

My first thoughts go to me and the tailgate. Tailgate overload possibility. But the weather should be nice to bring casual Gopher fans.

I also like to mix in a few fall weekends at the cabin and that will be tough with prime time fall northern lake leaf colors and decent weather all taken up back in the cities for Gopher football. Basically, entire fall possibilities at the cabin might have to be focused on 10/8. By 10/22 there won't be a leaf in sight.

And as for the team itself, I am not sure if it is the best thing. 4 out of the last 5 games of the season, against a tough lineup of opponents, on the road. And as others have mentioned, it might be a rebuilding year for the Gophers. Okay, and if you REALLY want to speculate... after the highly anticipated 2021 season if it results in big things for the Gophers, there might be a need to be breaking in a new coach too after Fleck departs to ohiostatenotredamemichigan.

RIP the band. 5 shows in 5 weeks will be tough.
Yep. Expect a couple of "park and bark" shows.

The second or third game will likely be High School Band Day and there is a chance that Oct 1 is Homecoming. If so, that will make it much more manageable. But, we're already discussing how to approach it.

I mainly look at schedules with the tailgate planning in mind because it's such a large part of our game day experience. Part of me likes the fact that almost all the tailgates should have decent weather. But 5 tailgates in a 30 day period is a lot to plan and burnout could be a real issue.

Too front loaded with the tailgating. Then a lot of dead time.

Closing the season with 5 out of the last 7 games on the road. That's tough sledding.

On the bright side....No reason not to be 7-0 and have a lotto momentum going into the toughest part of the schedule. Odd scheduling but nice to have 7 home games.

I like gopher football, but 5 weeks in a row is a bit much. I need a day off here man...

I remember us having 4 in a rows here or there, even that's a lot IMO.

Pretty interesting schedule that the U released yesterday regarding play in 2022. Five home games to start the year and only two of the last seven are at home. Last five weeks go at Nebraska, at Michigan State, vs. Northwestern, at Penn State, at Wisconsin. I am sure that the U doesn't schedule the Big Ten portion of the schedule but no matter how you slice it the schedule sucks for fans and the team.

9/1 vs. New Mexico State
9/10 vs. Western Illinois
9/17 vs. Colorado
9/24 vs. Iowa
10/1 vs. Rutgers
10/8 at Illinois
10/15 vs. Purdue
10/22 at Nebraska
11/5 at Michigan State
11/12 vs. Northwestern
11/19 at Penn State
11/26 at Wisconsin

Woof. You wonder if the BIG can't figure out a way to swap say PSU and Rutgers or something.

It’s an average difficulty Big Ten team’s schedule based on the standings of today. I’m not sure if the order of the home and away games matter that much, or the opponent order. It is good for fans and ticket sales that so many home games are in the warmer part of the fall.

A positive is we should have decent weather for home games, but yikes. The slate of games is gross. Good luck selling tickets.

A positive is we should have decent weather for home games, but yikes. The slate of games is gross. Good luck selling tickets.

Your 2022 Gophers presented by StubHub

I like gopher football, but 5 weeks in a row is a bit much. I need a day off here man...

I remember us having 4 in a rows here or there, even that's a lot IMO.

It’s either that or give up a home game. I choose 7 home games.

Top Bottom