Isaiah Ihnen Commits to Gophers

XMan

Reaction score
Didn’t see this posted yet but saw it on the daily gopher.

Great pick up. Power forward we needed. Four star player - top 100 kid. I assume we still go after a grad transfer power forward as well?

247 just ranked him the #89 prospect in the 2019 class!!!

Awesome!!!

Last edited:

Exciting. Now lets get Demir too

Thrilled with this one! With Ihnen, Freeman and Oturu- that is a nice group of young, long athletes. Love the look of our defense with that length available. Coach 'em up! Ihnen shoots some rainbow threes!

Great pick up. Power forward we needed. Four star player - top 100 kid. I assume we still go after a grad transfer power forward as well?

At 6’9” and 190 what positions would he play year 1? That’s sounds a bit light for a b1g pf.

ich bin ein golden gopher

Last edited:

Did he even make his visit to TCU? Glad to have another body on board who looks like he has great potential. Need to add the power forward grinder to fill the hole left by Murph, though. Isaiah doesn't look to be a go get the ball aggressive rebounder.

At 6’9” and 190 what positions would he play year 1? That’s sounds a bit light for a b1g pf.
He isn't gonna bang with Ward in the blocks, but I would be happy if he's like a Bradzekias.

Did he even make his visit to TCU? Glad to have another body on board who looks like he has great potential. Need to add the power forward grinder to fill the hole left by Murph, though. Isaiah doesn't look to be a go get the ball aggressive rebounder.

He says he was ready to commit there but gave our coaches a chance and they blew him away with what they had to say. Liked the fact that we are position flexible.

He says he was ready to commit there but gave our coaches a chance and they blew him away with what they had to say. Liked the fact that we are position flexible.

So it's good to be last.

Excellent! Spring recruiting is starting off solid.

Recruiting a little nerve racking this year, but two 4 star players with good potential so far. Excellent.

All of the negative Coach Pitino haters should start apologizing. This class is very good and could get even better. The future looks really good. I'll even make a prediction that Coach Pitino starts landing some of the top in-state recruits in the next few years. Congratulations to the Gopher staff and Coach Pitino for landing some very good recruits. Looking forward to Gopher basketball getting better and better.

did you see the guy's quote in 247's story?

"I think I will help them for sure with my shooting because they weren't a good shooting team last season and just my versatility," Ihnen said.

With sit out transfers and new guys, this thing is starting to look pretty good.

did you see the guy's quote in 247's story?

"I think I will help them for sure with my shooting because they weren't a good shooting team last season and just my versatility," Ihnen said.
No one lie told and I love the confidence.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, he actually said he was really close to committing to TCU on his visit but decided to give Minnesota a chance just to check it out.

Also on 247

Tray Jackson #118 overall, #18 PF

Isiah Ihnen #89 overall, #15 PF.

Top Bottom