Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hulu, Roku, Dish, Direct, ...

What do you use for viewing? Dish and Direct memberships are on the downhill slide. Have you switched over to some other service?

Comcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Comcast.
    same same
    Who hates iowa?

DirecTV, have had it since it basically started. But I've considered and pondered dumping it and going with a combination of Amazon Prime, Netflix, and whatever else I need to fill the void. Just haven't pulled the trigger just yet. I'll have to get more info before I make that kind of leap.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

YouTube TV

I've played this game for years. I have DirecTV and feel like you get what you pay for. I don't like looking for streams on Reddit to watch live sports. Recently, I decided that the cost of DirecTV had gotten way too high to justify it anymore, so I spent a couple of days researching the differences in streaming. Sling seemed like the cheapest, but they don't carry BTN, so it was automatically off the list. HuluTV seemed good, but if I recall correctly, you could only stream on two devices at once, if you wanted more, that would cost more per month. YouTubeTV was fine, but it was missing channels that we regularly watch. Eventually, we settled on moving to Playstation's Vue streaming service. So I called DirecTV to cancel and after jumping through a few hoops with their loyalty/customer retention teams, I got them to basically drop our bill down to within 8 dollars a month of what it would have cost me to switch to streaming. As I was still under a contract with DirecTV, this was enough reason for me to give up on switching services. For now.

Wish I had comcast. I have charter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    What do you use for viewing? Dish and Direct memberships are on the downhill slide. Have you switched over to some other service?
    PlayStation Vue

Blog Entries

Switched from cable to DirecTV after cable dropped BTN (only to bring it back 2 days after I switched.) Price is reasonable for 1 year, then will have to haggle or ditch them. YouTube/Hulu still lack too many local/other channels, but I expect I'll make that switch some day.

Dish, Netflix, Amazon Prime. I use Dish to watch specific shows/sports, flip channels & DVR. On Amazon Prime I bought the HBO pass & spent the past 45 days catching up on G.O.T. NetFlix I almost never use anymore. Should probably cancel it.
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

Playstation Vue here.
    It does freeze up every now and then and it's getting borderline too expensive, but it's still the best option.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Quote Originally Posted by MNGopher23 View Post
    YouTube TV
    This would have been the obvious, but I'm pretty bummed about the price increase. I have no interest in the channels they added.

I do netflix, prime, and hulu from end of college basketball until nfl/ gopher football starts. Then i will add playstation vue to get sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    Playstation Vue here.
    It does freeze up every now and then and it's getting borderline too expensive, but it's still the best option.
    Yup.

Switched from DirecTV to streaming a year ago. I have YouTubeTV. Best TV decision I ever made. Local channels, every necessary sports channel, and an amazing DVR. I use Rokus on my home TVs. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk