Gophers vs Western Illinois 9/10/2022

I wouldn't go that far Schnauzer.

FCS is not D2 they are D1aa or FCS with 63 scholarships. If any mid level P5 or G5 team schedules a top 10 FCS teams, from the year before, that has most of their starters comming back with no coaching changes it can be a tough game.

I knew I'd get some chest thumping D2 fan from NoDak to take the cheese but this is like getting a Northern Pike and a Southern Bass on the same lure, on the same cast. Congrats to me.

FCS is not D2 they are D1aa or FCS with 63 scholarships. If any mid level P5 or G5 team schedules a top 10 FCS teams, from the year before, that has most of their starters comming back with no coaching changes it can be a tough game.[/QUOTE
]

Now that we have some real talent again, I would like to see Minnesota playing the D2 king UND Bizon every year. I know they beat that 0-11 Brewster team and the worst team Jerry Kill ever had at Minnesota (His No. Illinois teams would have routed the UND Bizzon team every time) I'd prefer to see this match up whenever possible, now that we are better at almost every position.

I think a much elevated Gopher Team vs the current Fighting Bizon team would be a mismatch but at least the stadium would be full, which will not be the case against anyone else in the lower rungs,other than the current kings of minor league football.

The fans in Fargo still think it is 2010 and probably disagree. Too bad for them but at least they will always have the magical strip malls of dusty 'Frisco TX. In 50 plus years they will be speaking of Frisco TX like we speak of Pasadena CA.

Then again we are seeing a real solid team in South Dakota State in August, so maybe they will bring 20,000 fans and surprise us.

This actually made me laugh out loud

GSU played WIU back in the late 90's. Both teams were 1aa. As I remember the score was around Georgia Southern 45 - Leathernecks 10 or 13 points. The Gophers should whip them good!

Gophers have played the Leathernecks more recently than the 90s. In 2013, Gophers 29 - Leathernecks 13.

FCS is not D2 they are D1aa or FCS with 63 scholarships. If any mid level P5 or G5 team schedules a top 10 FCS teams, from the year before, that has most of their starters comming back with no coaching changes it can be a tough game.[/QUOTE
]

Now that we have some real talent again, I would like to see Minnesota playing the D2 king UND Bizon every year. I know they beat that 0-11 Brewster team and the worst team Jerry Kill ever had at Minnesota (His No. Illinois teams would have routed the UND Bizzon team every time) I'd prefer to see this match up whenever possible, now that we are better at almost every position.

I think a much elevated Gopher Team vs the current Fighting Bizon team would be a mismatch but at least the stadium would be full, which will not be the case against anyone else in the lower rungs,other than the current kings of minor league football.

I'm sure you do! FCS NDSU is 9-3 against G5 and P5 teams in the FCS with 63 scholarships You will underestimate the GSU G5 Eagles also, Isn't that right
Schnauzer!

2006 Ball State MAC W 29–24
*Minnesota Big Ten L 9–10
2007 Central Michigan MAC W 44–14
*Minnesota Big Ten W 27–21
2008 Wyoming Mtn West L 13–16
2009 Iowa State Big 12 L 17–34
2010 Kansas Big 12 W 6–3
2011 Minnesota Big Ten W 37–24
2012 Colorado State Mtn West W 22–7
2013 Kansas State Big 12 W 24–21
2014 Iowa State Big 12 W 34–14
2016 #13 Iowa Big Ten W 23–21

Last edited:

Now it is like a bass that continues to bite at your hook from the gut bucket while you fry its fillets.

D3 Gustavus Adolphus College is 2-0 all time vs NDSU. NDSU could only manage 7 total points in two games against the Gusties.

Now it is like a bass that continues to bite at your hook from the gut bucket while you fry its fillets.

D3 Gustavus Adolphus College is 2-0 all time vs NDSU. NDSU could only manage 7 total points in two games against the Gusties.

Wasn't NDSU also a D3 at the time? Why dont you look up NDSU over their all there division successes & then look up GSC/GSU over time.

You better look back at the Gopher P5 games against a FCS team and count up the points.

Last edited:

We are talking about things in the past but somehow you want to count some past events as more relevant as other past events? Whatever. Go Gusties! Still 2-0 all time against NDSU.

I hope that somehow you will at some point realize that 137% of NDSU’s alumni are actually from Minnesota and this same BS conversation has played out for well over a decade here before you ever found Gopherhole.

Your skill at being tone deaf to sarcasm is however, something I am quite impressed with. Carry on. I’m enjoying this education on D2 football. What are some of the bench press numbers for the North Dakota Fighting Hawk offensive line?

We are talking about things in the past but somehow you want to count some past events as more relevant as other past events? Whatever. Go Gusties! Still 2-0 all time against NDSU.

I hope that somehow you will at some point realize that 137% of NDSU’s alumni are actually from Minnesota and this same BS conversation has played out for well over a decade here before you ever found Gopherhole.

Your skill at being tone deaf to sarcasm is however, something I am quite impressed with. Carry on. I’m enjoying this education on D2 football. What are some of the bench press numbers for the North Dakota Fighting Hawk offensive line?

No, you are a P5 team that almost lost to NDSU in the first game and lost the 2nd game. There is a reason why you didn't pick up NDSU instead of the Leathernecks.

You did pick GSU though & I don't think you can beat us!

SCHN - I hope that somehow you will at some point realize that 137% of NDSU’s alumni are actually from Minnesota"

Is that a good or bad thing for the Gophers?

No, you are a P5 team that almost lost to NDSU in the first game and lost the 2nd game. There is a reason why you didn't pick up NDSU instead of the Leathernecks.

You did pick GSU though & I don't think you can beat us!

Didn’t pick up Gustavus Adolphus either. There is a reason for that too.

Didn’t pick up Gustavus Adolphus either. There is a reason for that too.

Because Gustavus didn't beat you and I doubt the Gophers would pick up a D3 team for a game. How far back are you going & how far back would you like me to go?

I just posted the G5 and P5 teams that NDSU has beaten since they moved to FCS & you were one of them.

Schnauzer

1986–1991.John Gutekunst,29–36–2- .448%
1992–1996, Jim Wacker, 16–39. 291%
1997–2006 Glen Mason 64–57 .529 %
2007–2010 Tim Brewster 15–30. 333%
2010 Jeff Horton 2–3 .400%
2011–2015 Jerry Kill 29–29 .500 %
2015–2016 Tracy Claeys 11–8 .579%
2017–present P. J. Fleck 12–13, 480%

It looks like your in rebound "YEARS" also.

Last edited:

I don't understand why anyone from a JV team would troll on the board of an upcoming D1 opponent, but this is entertaining.

I don't understand why anyone from a JV team would troll on the board of an upcoming D1 opponent, but this is entertaining.

A G5 team is a D1 team in case you weren't up on that. You will find out soon enough the difference between a JV team and Georgia Southern.

Party On

Gophers are going to tear Georgia State a new a$$.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

If you were playing G-State from Atalanta I'm sure you would, but sadly for you your not.

Its kind of sad that you're not playing G-State this year. They need a new @ss ripped open because they are full of $h!t.

Last edited:

Gophers are going to tear Georgia State a new a$$.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

No kidding. All these Panther fans on GH are going to be very disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew I'd get some chest thumping D2 fan from NoDak to take the cheese but this is like getting a Northern Pike and a Southern Bass on the same lure, on the same cast. Congrats to me.

You scheduled Western Illinois. I think elite Minnesota is the one that took the bait, scraping the bottom of the barrel to get it.

The clever comedy on this board is really fun! The DII, Panther, Fighting Hawk, and my favorite JV schick is just a lot of fun to be a part of. Its like really clever, intelligent, and just really a lot of fun all wrapped into it!!! You pocket badger guys are so clever! (See I tried it there too!) I don’t know where you come up with all this clever stuff, it’s one after the other! Ha-ha, clever clever stuff!

The clever comedy on this board is really fun! The DII, Panther, Fighting Hawk, and my favorite JV schick is just a lot of fun to be a part of. Its like really clever, intelligent, and just really a lot of fun all wrapped into it!!! You pocket badger guys are so clever! (See I tried it there too!) I don’t know where you come up with all this clever stuff, it’s one after the other! Ha-ha, clever clever stuff!

+1. Agreed. The humor on this site is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You scheduled Western Illinois. I think elite Minnesota is the one that took the bait, scraping the bottom of the barrel to get it.

My, my and are you from NDSU or some other University with a Herd?

What about the Gustavus stuff? That was my favorite, mostly because I had to look it up first.

We are talking about things in the past but somehow you want to count some past events as more relevant as other past events? Whatever.

In the past you mean like - 1904, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, and 1960. Quite a long time ago.

Top Bottom