Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Coon Rapids
    Posts
    2,951

    Default Gophers vs Western Illinois 9/10/2022

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


  2. #2

    Default





    That stretch to finished out the year is a doozy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    9,509

    Default

    Thought we were done with 1AA teams. Or whatever they are called now.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Coon Rapids
    Posts
    2,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    Thought we were done with 1AA teams. Or whatever they are called now.
    Group of 5 teams took advantage and raised costs for scheduling games. This caused some big ten teams problems scheduling teams and asked for exceptions for teams like Cincinnati to count as power 5 school.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Saint Simons Is. Ga, Lalkeland Fl.
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    Thought we were done with 1AA teams. Or whatever they are called now.
    GSU played WIU back in the late 90's. Both teams were 1aa. As I remember the score was around Georgia Southern 45 - Leathernecks 10 or 13 points. The Gophers should whip them good!
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 04-24-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    Georgia Southern Option Football - often out weighed but seldom out played!
    www.gsufans.com

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    GSU played WIU back in the late 90's. Both teams were 1aa. As I remember the score was around Georgia Southern 45 - Leathernecks 10 or 13 points. The Gophers should whip them good!
    Gophers have played the Leathernecks more recently than the 90s. In 2013, Gophers 29 - Leathernecks 13.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Saint Simons Is. Ga, Lalkeland Fl.
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ope3 View Post
    Gophers have played the Leathernecks more recently than the 90s. In 2013, Gophers 29 - Leathernecks 13.
    And that is as it should be.
    Georgia Southern Option Football - often out weighed but seldom out played!
    www.gsufans.com

  8. #8

    Default

    Think the no FCS thing went away when B1G went to 9 game conference schedule.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,392

    Default

    More Casa De Autos that season too. Perhaps we should start a trophy for this annual game? Maybe a pair of big oversized Aggievision glasses? Players and coaches could pass them around and take turns wearing them in a tradition that would soon rival chopping the goal posts with the axe.

  10. #10

    Default

    5 straight games pretty quickly gets to be a bit tiresome IMO.

    I mean I wouldn't avoid scheduling it.... just as a fan... need a Saturday off here and there

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maple Grove
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    5 straight games pretty quickly gets to be a bit tiresome IMO.

    I mean I wouldn't avoid scheduling it.... just as a fan... need a Saturday off here and there
    September 1, 2022 is a Thursday. Enjoy your Saturday... what are your plans?
    Last edited by pharmacygopher; 04-23-2019 at 11:11 AM.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    5 straight games pretty quickly gets to be a bit tiresome IMO.

    I mean I wouldn't avoid scheduling it.... just as a fan... need a Saturday off here and there
    On the plus side, better chance of avoiding crappy weather. Only 1 home game after Oct 15. I hope that more than 1 is under the lights.

  13. #13

    Default

    RIP The Marching band, 5 shows with only a week in between each, all at the start of the season.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taji34 View Post
    RIP The Marching band, 5 shows with only a week in between each, all at the start of the season.
    Sounds like 5 consecutive tributes to Elvis!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Coon Rapids
    Posts
    2,951

    Default

    second half of the schedule will be tough.

    Selfishly I like the home stretch at the beginning.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •