Beer Sales at Williams Arena?

Ope3

Reaction score
Beer sales at Williams Arena appear to be potentially on the horizon from the Chip Scoggins article. What are peoples thoughts on this? Seems to be working out well at TCF as they are now making solid bucks.

Personally, I would be glad to have the option though doubt I would have more than one beer other than on Saturday afternoon/evening game. It was a nice surprise for the NCAA games at Des Moines, but with the bathroom lines extremely long I thought twice about having multiple.

Could get more fans still in their 20s-30s in the Barn and also make them a little bit more rowdy.

Beer at any event is always a good idea. I'd do 2 for 1s for anyone with a student ID!

MMM....Beer. Sounds like a great idea, but curious as to how they would set that up.

I can picture the even slower concession lines...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beer and sports? Whoever thought those two would go together?

:rolleyes:

JTG

In this competitive sports market having beer available will make it a more attractive event for many middle aged and young people.
And at $10 per beer and only 1.5 hours to purchase I don’t think people will get too crazy.

Not a huge fan of adding beer to the mix...but if it adds fans and revenue, I am on board. Unlike football, there is no tailgating so the likelihood of unruly behavior is low. I wonder if the urinal troughs can handle the volume.

I think I'd have one overpriced tall-boy can but not a cup-- too difficult to deal with in close quarters without a cup holder.

I think I'd have one overpriced tall-boy can but not a cup-- too difficult to deal with in close quarters without a cup holder.

Spoken like a seasoned veteran. I'm with you on the cup issue. (Although I may have two.)

JTG

They are competing with people staying home to watch it on TV. If it improves the experience for some fans and will help get butts in the seats then they should absolutely do it. Maybe have some family zones where it isn't allowed for people to bring their kids to though.

I wish they added my favorite scotch and whisky but at least a step in the right direction!

Eins swie gesuffa

Top Bottom