Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Marcus: How cool would it be if Duke played MN to give Tre/Hurt chance to play in MN

Some of the responses to this tweet are hilarious:

Go Gophers!!

Puke.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    Some of the responses to this tweet are hilarious:

Go Gophers!!
    ummm- I think they were given every opportunity to play in Minnesota. What would be cool is if we faced them in the NCAAs and beat them.

Oh Marcus... the only reason it would be nice is to have Duke here for a game, which would be great for our schedule.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    ummm- I think they were given every opportunity to play in Minnesota. What would be cool is if we faced them in the NCAAs and beat them.
    Yes they had their chance.

I would love that game here. K has enough power to get the game he wants and hoping it would be us. Beat em twice. Win the game here and beat them in the tourney.

Duke doesn’t play true road games out of conference with the exception of Big Ten/ACC Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    Duke doesn’t play true road games out of conference with the exception of Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
    K can get that game in the challenge but will likely get one of the conference powers.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    K has enough power to get the game he wants
    Why would coach k have power over any other program? Frankly, If a request was made I’d prefer the gophers reply that where an opponent’s players come from carries zero weight in scheduling, along with a middle finger salute.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherOhana View Post
    Why would coach k have power over any other program? Frankly, If a request was made I’d prefer the gophers reply that where an opponent’s players come from carries zero weight in scheduling, along with a middle finger salute.
    He does not have power over other programs but he has power with the powers at ESPN who televises the event. When is the last time that Duke played a mediocre program in the challenge, seems like a long time.

I'd always be up for a home and home with a team as good as Duke.

Lol.

Trust me Marcus, Matthew and Tre don't need anybody else pandering to them. They got plenty of that during their recruitment process and made their choice to go out of state. If you want to continue to drool over them because they happen to be from Minnesota, I suggest buying a plane ticket and heading off to Durham. Then you can celebrate them all you want.

As it is, the Gophers have much bigger issues to address than trying to schedule a game to make Minnesota Dukies and local sports writers feel all warm and fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by MRJ View Post
    Lol.

Trust me Marcus, Matthew and Tre don't need anybody else pandering to them. They got plenty of that during their recruitment process and made their choice to go out of state. If you want to continue to drool over them because they happen to be from Minnesota, I suggest buying a plane ticket and heading off to Durham. Then you can celebrate them all you want.

As it is, the Gophers have much bigger issues to address than trying to schedule a game to make Minnesota Dukies and local sports writers feel all warm and fuzzy.
    I only want to play them if we are in a good position to beat them. If Coffey comes back, and we sign a decent transfer big, we might have a shot next year. As much as I despise Duke, it would be really awful to lose to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bordergopher View Post
    I only want to play them if we are in a good position to beat them. If Coffey comes back, and we sign a decent transfer big, we might have a shot next year. As much as I despise Duke, it would be really awful to lose to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can agree with that. But since that hasn't been the case in decades, I'm not counting on it.

Even if it did, the matchup would be billed by Marcus as a great "homecoming" and the level of sucking up to Coach K, Duke, Matthew and Tre would ultimately overshadow the game itself. It'd be farcical on every level.

Quote Originally Posted by MRJ View Post
    I can agree with that. But since that hasn't been the case in decades, I'm not counting on it.

Even if it did, the matchup would be billed by Marcus as a great "homecoming" and the level of sucking up to Coach K, Duke, Matthew and Tre would ultimately overshadow the game itself. It'd be farcical on every level.
    Exactly. Not interested in the least.