NCAA Hockey Recruiting Rules Revision

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/ncaa-rul...n-1-of-a-prospect-s-sophomore-year/508834762/
Rule changes approved by the NCAA’s Division I Council on Friday will change the recruiting timeline for Division I men’s hockey prospects with the goal of slowing down the recruiting experience.

The changes affect the timing of recruiting, creating two starting points for various recruiting activities. The most impactful changes:

• Eliminating recruiting conversations (whether initiated by the coach or prospect) before Jan. 1 of a prospect’s sophomore year.

• Establishing Aug. 1 before a prospect’s junior year as the first date when NCAA coaches can make a verbal offer.

Future regionals awarded:

The NCAA Division I men’s hockey committee announced the host sites for the 2020 and 2021 region tournaments.

For 2020, the East region tournament was awarded to the Times Union Center in Albany, N.Y.; the Northeast region to the DCU Center in Worcester, Mass.; the Midwest region to the PPL Center in Allentown, Pa.; and the West region to the Budweiser Events Center in Loveland, Colo.

In 2021, the East region was awarded to the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, Conn.; the Northeast region to SNHU Arena in Manchester, N.H.; the Midwest region to Scheels Arena in Fargo, N.D.; and the West region to Budweiser Events Center.

So in 2020 the west, east and NE regionals are all within 175 miles from New York! That seems fair....

Top Bottom