Matt Simon Tweet

West Fargo Gopher Fan

Section 114 Row 2
Reaction score
I dont know how to link the tweet if someone else can help but here is the text.

Over the past 5 years numerous Minnesota Preps went on to the Power 5 level.

Statistical Leaders Last Year:

TACKLES: Blake Cashman

SACKS: Carter Coughlin

RECVNG REC,YDS,TD: Tyler Johnson

OLINE STARTS: Conner Olson, Sam Schlueter, Blaise Andries

They ALL played at HOME ?

I dont know how to link the tweet if someone else can help but here is the text.

Over the past 5 years numerous Minnesota Preps went on to the Power 5 level.

Statistical Leaders Last Year:

TACKLES: Blake Cashman

SACKS: Carter Coughlin

RECVNG REC,YDS,TD: Tyler Johnson

OLINE STARTS: Conner Olson, Sam Schlueter, Blaise Andries

They ALL played at HOME ��

FWIW... To embed the Tweet, 1) go to the Tweet, 2) click the little down arrow in the upper right hand corner, 3) select "embed tweet", 4) copy and paste that code back here in your post. It takes a few seconds to load, then it's all good.

In general, you could say the Football team has had more success than the men's basketball team in recruiting the top in-state players.

BUT - in all fairness, the top talent in boys basketball is at a LOT higher level than the football talent. the state of Minnesota is turning out top-50 and even top-25 national talent in boys basketball. Football - not even close.

Maybe someone has this at their fingertips, but of the players cited in the tweet, where did they rank nationally coming out of high school? (not in MN - but national ranking)

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I had never looked at this before. Serious question: where would this team be if they didn't/hadn't have/had:

— Cashman

— Coughlin

— Johnson

— Olson

— Schlueter

— Andries

You know what? J.D. Spielman is a real baller, no question... but we've done awfully well with Minnesota kids.

I had never looked at this before. Serious question: where would this team be if they didn't/hadn't have/had:

— Cashman

— Coughlin

— Johnson

— Olson

— Schlueter

— Andries

You know what? J.D. Spielman is a real baller, no question... but we've done awfully well with Minnesota kids.

I would add Barber, Martin, Spann-Ford & others

Funny, for some reason I never realized Spann-Ford is a Minnesota kid.

JTG

Top Bottom