Doogie: Ra'Shede Hageman has signed with the Falcons

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Good for him. I hope he takes advantage of this second chance.

I think he has been away from the game awhile, also meaning he has been away from a sizable paycheck. Hopefully he'll stay on the right track to earn that sizable paycheck as opposed to working like we folks have had to do.

I stand corrected, I didn’t think he would get signed. Good on him. Now, don’t screw it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AP: Falcons give second chance to Hageman following 2017 release

The Atlanta Falcons signed Ra'Shede Hageman to a one-year deal on Friday, giving a second chance to the defensive tackle the team released in 2017 after he was charged with domestic violence.

Hageman, 28, was a second-round pick from Minnesota in 2014. He started a combined 16 games in 2015 and 2016. He has been out of the league since his release by the Falcons following an incident with his girlfriend in 2016.

If he makes the roster, Hageman will be suspended for the first two games of the 2019 season for a violation of the substance abuse policy following a recent DWI arrest. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told The Associated Press all teams were informed of the suspension on April 5.

General manager Thomas Dimitroff said in a statement released by the team the Falcons believe in giving opportunities "when people take responsibility for their actions and are committed to change."

"We believe Ra'Shede understands that his conduct was wrong and has learned from his mistakes," Dimitroff said. "He has met the obligations of the court in his prior matters and worked hard over the last two years including community service, intensive course work and rehab. That said, we understand the seriousness of his actions, and he knows we will not tolerate abusive behavior in any form."

http://www.startribune.com/falcons-...rer-minnesota-gophers-star-hageman/508813422/

Go Gophers!!

I think it does say something about his character if the same team brought him back after his mistakes. With him resigning with the team that knows him well says a lot about the impression he left with teammates, coaches, and front office.

Looks like Rashede was not cut by the Falcons. Currently on the "suspended list" so for now he is safe. Not quite sure how that works in the NFL, but seems like he is safe for now. Perhaps the Falcons are just delaying their decision on him and he could get cut once the suspension is up???

Top Bottom