Any leakers from the ticket office?

That was one of the odd things back in the day, we would play these random cupcakes .... meanwhile local schools put butts in the seats ... if we're already playing cupcakes, play SD.

I am very much against playing UND, NDSU, USD, and SDSU under any circumstances. The problem is they’re not really cupcake games for the Gophers. Those schools have and will bring lots of fans which makes it too easy for the homefield advantage to be lost if the Gophers start off flat and the visitors get any sort of momentum. If we don’t cruise to victory and have to grind out a win, or even lose, the mood gets ugly for fans in the maroon and gold. We learned this the hard way under Mason, Brewster, and Kill. If we ever play another FCS school, bring in a team from far away.

That was one of the odd things back in the day, we would play these random cupcakes .... meanwhile local schools put butts in the seats ... if we're already playing cupcakes, play SD.

^^Exactly. I have absolutely no interest sitting in a stadium with 20,000 Gopher fans watching some crap team from whereversville. At least if the Dakotans show up with 10,000 people, the 20,000 Gopher fans might cheer a little bit instead of sleeping.

I am very much against playing UND, NDSU, USD, and SDSU under any circumstances. The problem is they’re not really cupcake games for the Gophers. Those schools have and will bring lots of fans which makes it too easy for the homefield advantage to be lost if the Gophers start off flat and the visitors get any sort of momentum. If we don’t cruise to victory and have to grind out a win, or even lose, the mood gets ugly for fans in the maroon and gold. We learned this the hard way under Mason, Brewster, and Kill. If we ever play another FCS school, bring in a team from far away.

This is not your grandfathers Gopher football team.....wait, yes, we want this to be your grandfathers Gopher football team!

For crying out loud...How about Gophs just get good enough where these are cupcake games?

For crying out loud...How about Gophs just get good enough where these are cupcake games?

Actually there is a history of these "Cupcake" games going in favor of the FCS teams. NDSU has won 5 straight agains P5 programs, Eastern Washington has also been a pest against P5 schools with an assortment of close games and victories over Washington State and Oregon State. If I'm Coyle I stay away from the nearby FCS ranks. There is too much at stake for the little guys and nothing at stake for us.

Top Bottom