Any leakers from the ticket office?

CWCWCW

Reaction score
I renewed my tickets on April 15. In a New York minute I got an email from PJ thanking me and said he was looking forward to seeing me at the spring game. [emoji849]
Last year didn't prove to be an exciting home schedule. Miserable weather didn't help the pathetic crowds.
So, what's the word? Did the axe game and bowl win get some momentum for season tickets? Are numbers up from 2018?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was told there is a small net gain in STH. Maybe 500-1000.

I thought last year was highly entertaining. Yes the weather wasn’t great but the games themselves were quite fun.

what exactly is a new york minute? serious question.

A New York Minute is a very short time - a moment.

Last edited:

Could have Googled it yourself in a New York minute.

For a moment I thought you were talking about incontinence...

Ticket office is probably swamped with all the basketball and hockey season ticket holders playing the “donation” shell game.

Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d rather do one of them fancy gif’s where it actually shows the search being typed in but I don’t know how to. Sigh.

I thought last year was highly entertaining. Yes the weather wasn’t great but the games themselves were quite fun.

Indiana, Illinois, and Purdue weren't big match-ups.... but they were some of the most fun games to see at TCF in a while. There was an an energy in that stadium that despite attendance, had not been there before and it was great fun.

It's probabbly hard to sell people on that, but it was real and pretty great.

Indiana, Illinois, and Purdue weren't big match-ups.... but they were some of the most fun games to see at TCF in a while. There was an an energy in that stadium that despite attendance, had not been there before and it was great fun.

The Illinois game was in Champaign and it was a beatdown in the wrong direction, leading to the Def Coordinator being canned.

Agree that the Purdue game was as much fun as I have ever had at TCF (specifically because it was unexpected after the Illini debacle).

I’m with you! I think you meant Fresno State rather than Illinois? [emoji848]

I don't know about season tickets, but I expect attendance to increase overall this year. Nebraska and Wisconsin are attractive games and will bring fans; Penn State is an attractive game and South Dakota State might have alumni there. The weather the past two years has been pretty brutal after years of mostly nice weather since TCF Bank Stadium opened, so we're due to have some nice weather again. And I hope/expect the positive end to last season will carry over.

And Coyle will say, "See, our strategy is working. We don't need to change anything."

The Illinois game was in Champaign and it was a beatdown in the wrong direction, leading to the Def Coordinator being canned.

Agree that the Purdue game was as much fun as I have ever had at TCF (specifically because it was unexpected after the Illini debacle).

Do I think I doubled up on Indiana there and typed Illinois too.... :p

Do I think I doubled up on Indiana there and typed Illinois too.... :p

The Indiana game was mostly fun. By the 4th Quarter my best efforts to stay dry were failing, beer was gone, and the Hoosiers were mounting comeback not seen since the Mason era.

Tremendous relief to hang on to that one.

Wonder if the Red Barrons promo will be back. Buy 3 pizzas for $10 and get 2 tickets worth $50.

Wonder if the Red Barrons promo will be back. Buy 3 pizzas for $10 and get 2 tickets worth $50.

I would definitely do that again if they offered it.

I don't know about season tickets, but I expect attendance to increase overall this year. Nebraska and Wisconsin are attractive games and will bring fans; Penn State is an attractive game and South Dakota State might have alumni there. The weather the past two years has been pretty brutal after years of mostly nice weather since TCF Bank Stadium opened, so we're due to have some nice weather again. And I hope/expect the positive end to last season will carry over.

And Coyle will say, "See, our strategy is working. We don't need to change anything."

South Dakota State will have thousands there. Also NDSU plays at Target Field 2 days later and a few fans might want to watch their FCS rival play Gophers. I think SDSU game will sellout.

Last edited:

South Dakota State will have thousands there. Also NDSU plays at Target Field 2 days later and a few fans might want to watch their FCS rival play Gophers. I think SDSU game will sellout.

That was one of the odd things back in the day, we would play these random cupcakes .... meanwhile local schools put butts in the seats ... if we're already playing cupcakes, play SD.

Top Bottom