Another blow for Rutgers

swingman

Reaction score
From nj.com:

By Keith Sargeant | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com and James Kratch | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Rutgers’ offense has suffered another big blow.

Junior tight end Travis Vokolek has placed his name in the NCAA transfer portal, two individuals with knowledge of his decision told NJ Advance Media. They were granted anonymity to discuss the process. Vokolek, a Missouri native, wishes to move closer to home, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Vokolek, who missed almost all of spring practice with a hamstring injury, was expected to be the Scarlet Knights’ top tight end, and potentially their top receiving target, this fall. Vokolek, who was a three-star recruit at Kickapoo High, played in all 12 games last season with seven starts. He had 16 catches for 184 yards and two touchdowns. He has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Vokolek is the second offensive starter to depart this offseason. Right guard Jonah Jackson announced he would leave as a graduate transfer in January; he has since committed to play at Ohio State next season. Another tight end transferred to Pitt.

Is it just me or does it seem surreal to be reading about stuff like this during the offseason about opponents instead of the Gophers this year?

Ufda. I get that college players should be allowed to transfer if the program gets put on probation of if the coach decides to leave before the player has even step foot on campus to begin studies. However the number of graduate transfers is getting out of hand in a sense. At the same time, people change jobs as it didn't work, shouldn't players be allowed to change programs as well as it didn't work out? I'm a mix bag on all this. I also realize that this has been discussed before. Just thinking out loud to the Rutger's situation.

Is it just me or does it seem surreal to be reading about stuff like this during the offseason about opponents instead of the Gophers this year?

It's just you.

I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. We still need a few guys to transfer/retire to fit the rest of our 2019 class in. Let's hope that we don't lose contributors too

I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. We still need a few guys to transfer/retire to fit the rest of our 2019 class in. Let's hope that we don't lose contributors too

That's what I was gonna say, we need some transfers to hit the scholarship number, so we should see some stuff soonish now that spring practice is over.

First they are in New Jersey and now this. Another blow indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ufda. I get that college players should be allowed to transfer if the program gets put on probation of if the coach decides to leave before the player has even step foot on campus to begin studies. However the number of graduate transfers is getting out of hand in a sense. At the same time, people change jobs as it didn't work, shouldn't players be allowed to change programs as well as it didn't work out? I'm a mix bag on all this. I also realize that this has been discussed before. Just thinking out loud to the Rutger's situation.

I think it is is fair that the players can move around per transfers, but I also think it is bad for the game. Both things can be true.

LOL. I was gonna say something like “They just realized they’re Rutgers”.

Even Temple has had some success in the last few years.

I'd be for severely restricting transfers, if coaches had guaranteed contracts for everything but true retirement and if scholarships were impossible to revoke.

If coaches can get out of their contracts, schools can fire coaches, and schools can take away scholarships, there is very little loyalty on the school and coach side so there should be very little on the player side.

Yeah, but Fleck is terrible. Way too much energy, kids are way too invested. They care too much and want to be here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't always see eye-to-eye with you, but this was GOLD! I literally burst out laughing at my cube.

No it's not just you. The ghost of cursed Gophers past has me waiting for a shoe to drop. I have to keep reminding myself that their has been an exorcism at TCF and the Athletics complex.

*Uff da

As a proud Norwegian I couldn't let that slide!

Not sure how Chris Ash is still employed? Only semi competent year was when Kill was on his staff

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom