Huskers get late juco commit from DT who couldn’t meet SEC academic standards

Guys in trouble.

Questionable academics.

The 90s are back in Nebraska!

Supposedly Nebraska raised their standards to get into the Big 10. Good grief, how low were they at one time?

Did you read the article? He didn’t qualify because of a technicality.

Yup - he's qualified for the B1G.

Maybe #1 jersey will be made available. Or maybe a six-digit number...

From the article:

"Green is taking a math class online but through an outside party rather than through Highland itself, and SEC schools don’t take credits that are earned online via a third party. NU doesn’t have the same restriction, meaning it’s free and clear to take a commitment from Green and get him enrolled as soon as he graduates later this spring."

Looks like NebraskDUH has one upped North Carolina.

Nebraska is (by far) the worst school academically in the B1G. Average ACT is low and minimum ACT is incredibly low.

Is it too late to trade Nebraska for Mizzou?

[emoji1787]... Nebraska has an average ACT score of 24 and a minimum of 20. I think you get a 14 if you put your name of the exam. Of course, that may throw a curve ball to some of their recruits.

I know it’s sort of a hobby to make fun of other school’s academic standards but data seems to show MN will admit marginally qualified students for unknown reason XYZ whether athletic or in interest of diversity. Does MN have different admission criteria for athletes than the NCAA minimum guideline? I’ve asked this numerous times over the years and have never heard a single answer.

They tried 'conditional" admissions with Jeff Jones.

Of course his issues went far beyond academic. That one still hurts.

They tried 'conditional" admissions with Jeff Jones.

Yeah that didn't work out... well character wise either.

But really if you're an athlete and you have problems in college at a big school .... that's just lack of effort. The number of easy classes available, and the huge amount of help athletes get, there's no excuse for being academically ineligible.

From the article:

"Green is taking a math class online but through an outside party rather than through Highland itself, and SEC schools don’t take credits that are earned online via a third party. NU doesn’t have the same restriction, meaning it’s free and clear to take a commitment from Green and get him enrolled as soon as he graduates later this spring."

Looks like NebraskDUH has one upped North Carolina.

Looks like he has to major in Counting before he can major in Accounting.

SEC academic standards? Is this a joke?

I'm sure that every conference has its own quirks in their academic standards. As a graduate student at the U of South Carolina in the '80's and 90's I got to know this guy, but not well https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Giese The article does not say it but at that time the athletic dept was a part of physical education. So as head football coach he was a tenured faculty member, a position which he held into the early 1990's. Anyway he claimed, and angrily so, that the Big Ten was easiest place for athletes to get into school. I know that was a LONG time ago, but his opinion had not changed 30 years later. He also thought that the BIG Ten was terribly hypocritical. About Nebraska, not sure if it is still the case but one of my uncles earned his PhD there in the late 1970"s, and I recall him telling me that it was state law that all grads from Nebraska high schools were entitled to entry into UNL. Probably not still the case, but that would lower average SATs. Go Gophers!

Nickname is Jenny.

Jenny as name on back of shirt and 8675309 on back of shirt. The announcers will have no problems with calling out his name or number for a penalty. Of course, it may be a little time consuming for younger referees.:)

Announcer - It appears that Jenny has turned to his coach and is holding out his arms gesturing that he believes that he did not cause the foul? Sorry Jenny the referees got your number 8675309

Top Bottom