presumed Penn State QB starter Tommy Stevens in transfer portal

Penn State QB situation will still be ranked above MN QB potential when more of the inevitable "Ranking the Big 10..." off season fluff pieces are published. Because? Well, because Penn State...

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article229380584.html

Dad comes across as one of those helicopter parents who thinks his kid is all world and should just have things handed to him apparently.

The QB position in college football is basically becoming a free agent pool, and the trend only seems to be growing each year as more and more QBs jump ship as soon as they face any sort of competition for the starting job.

We are actually super fortunate to have 2 guys we know we can count on. The number of teams that have that luxery is getting smaller and smaller every year.

Typical case of the parents deciding what their child should do. If I was him I would give my dad the big ole middle finger and work my ass off for that starting spot. I guess the kid doesn't want to work for it after not being named the starter immediately following the spring game. Not sure I would want that type of kid on my team anyways.

Word has it he was not going to be the starter after the spring played out. Wants to play.

Well he is from Indianapolis (Decatur Central) 5A program, they are an okay team. The one or two years he played QB for them in HS, they didnt even make it out of sectionals. I know the extended family. Its 2019 if we are going to struggle at something, just switch to something else, isnt that the rule now. Go Gophers. Glad of the QBs we currently have aboard. I will be going to the MN vs Purdue game this year in WL, Purdue better get smacked. My kid is a IU freshman, so i will have to make a game there too i guess.

I suspect that’s one of the reasons coaches like to keep starting QBs hidden these days - too easy to transfer out and little stigma.

It’s too early to say whether Morgan would leave if passed over for ZA but I wouldn’t be surprised should that (hopefully not) come to pass.

Another Ohio State quarterback has entered the transfer portal - Matthew Baldwin. There are now only two scholarship quarterbacks on the Buckeyes.

There's no question that one of the unintended consequences of a program landing a free agent quarterback is that the homegrown talent might feel miffed. Baldwin quickly deduced that Fields was the chosen one and he pulled the ripcord.

This is getting spicy

The OSU fans over at 11W ripping the kid’s character for leaving yet drooling when Fields fled Georgia (pursued by a posse of KKK) is a bit too much for me. Sometimes sports fans are the worst. Ok, they’re always the worst.

This is getting spicy

The OSU fans over at 11W ripping the kid’s character for leaving yet drooling when Fields fled Georgia (pursued by a posse of KKK) is a bit too much for me. Sometimes sports fans are the worst. Ok, they’re always the worst.

My favorite line was when one fan raged that Baldwin better not be allowed to become eligible to play immediately at his new school. The irony, apparently, was completely lost.

Another Ohio State quarterback has entered the transfer portal - Matthew Baldwin. There are now only two scholarship quarterbacks on the Buckeyes.

There's no question that one of the unintended consequences of a program landing a free agent quarterback is that the homegrown talent might feel miffed. Baldwin quickly deduced that Fields was the chosen one and he pulled the ripcord.

Baldwin was recruited by Gophers late in 2018 cycle. Was a Colorado State commit who then switched to Ohio State. 4 star recruit.

My favorite line was when one fan raged that Baldwin better not be allowed to become eligible to play immediately at his new school. The irony, apparently, was completely lost.

Fans are great at seeing things one way when it favors their squad and the complete opposite when it doesn't. I remember when we had the run of targeting calls against us a few years ago there were some trying to justify a lot of the hits as part of the game, when those same people would be losing their mind if the uniforms were reversed and the call wasn't made.

Haven't followed all of it close enough to know if this has already happened but at some point a top team is going to have their season destroyed due to this system.

Transfer QB comes in and flops after all the depth has left the program.

As long as the NCAA keeps letting guys transfer and play right away this won't be slowing down anytime soon, in fact it will just become more and more common.

Fans are great at seeing things one way when it favors their squad and the complete opposite when it doesn't. I remember when we had the run of targeting calls against us a few years ago there were some trying to justify a lot of the hits as part of the game, when those same people would be losing their mind if the uniforms were reversed and the call wasn't made.

I don’t know, I’ve seen equally weak targeting calls on other teams and had the same reaction. It’s an ill-advised zero tolerance rule that doesn’t account for actual physics of game play. It’s stupid, in other words.

Haven't followed all of it close enough to know if this has already happened but at some point a top team is going to have their season destroyed due to this system.

As long as the NCAA keeps letting guys transfer and play right away this won't be slowing down anytime soon, in fact it will just become more and more common.

Could happen as soon as this season at numerous Big Ten programs - Wisconsin, OSU, PSU.

Could happen as soon as this season at numerous Big Ten programs - Wisconsin, OSU, PSU.

Don't know what kind of depth they have behind him but Northwestern is relying on a transfer as well.

I don’t know, I’ve seen equally weak targeting calls on other teams and had the same reaction. It’s an ill-advised zero tolerance rule that doesn’t account for actual physics of game play. It’s stupid, in other words.

There will always be those boarderline subjective ones that draw a lot of debate. I don't have the examples but there were a few that were 100% legit calls that some fans were trying to justify because it was called against us.

Fans have a great ability to put blinders on when it involves their favorite squad.

looks like an undefeated season is shaping up nicely for us. tell me im wrong, I dare you.

looks like an undefeated season is shaping up nicely for us. tell me im wrong, I dare you.

You're wrong, but even with the inevitable loss or two along the way we could still be looking at a great season when it is all said and done.

Anything less than a Rose bowl will be a disappointment. [emoji3]

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Never say never. I’ve never felt so much uncertainty about the Big Ten and our competitors between graduation, draft losses and transfers. Add on our own improvements and intrigue on defense and it has the feel of a wild, anything can happen Vegas bender.

And what sort of message does it send to the kids in your system that get passed over by a transfer?

Top Bottom