Jordan Murphy at Portsmouth

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

This might be the highest level, lowest-rent basketball on Earth. K&D Landscaping against Sales System in front of a small high school smattering of fans, but with a bunch of college stars and future pros.

Looking forward to seeing Jordan in the NBA.

This might be the highest level, lowest-rent basketball on Earth. K&D Landscaping against Sales System in front of a small high school smattering of fans, but with a bunch of college stars and future pros.

And that is why an amateur basketball leagues will never be financially viable without huge backing from a pro league or television deal. College kids names are rarely recognizable outside the university die hard a.

Portsmouth always provides measurables, with shoes, without, wingspan & vert jump... don't see that anywhere yet. But they do list him as 6'-6" on the roster.

Last edited:

Go Gophers!!

I remember getting excited years ago at the prospect of the Gophers having a shot at Elijah Thomas.

Go Gophers!!

He would be a great project player. If Murphy could develop a consistent outside shot....he could be an intriguing player at small forward.

A Draymond Green type 4 maybe too.
Murphy would already be in the NBA if he had a consistent 3 point shot from the corners. He needs a shooting coach. Once he masters that part of the game he will have a solid NBA career.

Jordan is a terrible passer and dribbler.

He’s a very tough fit in the nba. Jae crowder?

We don't know if Murphy is a terrible passer or a terrible outside shooter because the sample sizes were too small. Pitino allowed him to focus on the things that he was already good at, which will limit his NBA prospects.

Murphy is not a terrible passer. He was quite effective in the high low and finding open cutters.

Agreed. His passing impressed me this year - very effective.

His dribble is usually S - L - O - W. He needs to focus on speeding it up when he is in a situation where the ball can be dug.

Also agree that he needs to focus on shooting. I think that he can *ALMOST* shoot the three but never had the luxury of being permitted to focus on it.

I'm rooting for him. I would LOVE to see him in the NBA. I can't think of a better ambassador for the U of M.

Murphy is not a terrible passer. He was quite effective in the high low and finding open cutters.

I remember many baaaad passes from his high low over his career. Terrible is bit strong but still not a strength thus rendering a comparison to draymon stupid.

I remember many baaaad passes from his high low over his career. Terrible is bit strong but still not a strength thus rendering a comparison to draymon stupid.

I don't think you follow the NBA very closely, Crowder is a 3 and D wing. Draymond is or at least was a high energy undersized post that made his name by playing good defense and rebounding at a high rate. Over time he added the ability to facilitate and worked on his 3 ball but that is still a suspect portion of his game.

I don't think you follow the NBA very closely, Crowder is a 3 and D wing. Draymond is or at least was a high energy undersized post that made his name by playing good defense and rebounding at a high rate. Over time he added the ability to facilitate and worked on his 3 ball but that is still a suspect portion of his game.

Valid.

Murphy isn’t a good passer.

Murphy 2.6 assists per game this year, compared to 2.2 turnovers.

Ethan Happ 4.5 A, 3.1 TO
Lamar Stevens 2.1 A, 2.8 TO
Bruno Fernando, 2.0 A, 2.8 TO
Ignas Brazdeikis .8 A, 1.2 TO
Tyler Cook 2.4 A, 2.8 TO
Nick Ward .7 A, 2.0 TO

As a passer, Murph seems to compare pretty favorably to other B1G all-conference big men. Only he and Happ were plusses in A/TO ratio.

JTG

I am going to miss Jordan Murphy forever. One of the best I've seen in my 31 years alive.

Everything you said here is wrong.
I’ve been told by many on this site that the tens of millions in revenue is because of the players, not the institutions.

27.5" vert. - 8'-10" reach - 7'-1" wing

6'-5" flat w/out shoes.

The 7'1" wingspan is great, but unfortunately his running/jumping results were quite low across the board. I expected that from his running ones, but I'm quite surprised his vertical was on the the low end.

The 7'1" wingspan is great, but unfortunately his running/jumping results were quite low across the board. I expected that from his running ones, but I'm quite surprised his vertical was on the the low end.
If they measure his second jump reflex, Jordan will be quicker than anyone there. Last person I recall being so quick on the second leap was Dennis Rodman.

If they measure his second jump reflex, Jordan will be quicker than anyone there. Last person I recall being so quick on the second leap was Dennis Rodman.

Bagley from Duke has the quickest and most explosive second jump I'be ever seen.

Guy with numbers like that could obviously never rebound. :rolleyes:

:D

JTG

My youngest son has stunning foot speed and reach. Outshines his mother in those measurables by a mile... He really ought to be able to vacuum circles around her! ...Oh ...wait.

Top Bottom