The ‘College GameDay’ chances of the Power 5 schools that have never hosted it

If we and Iowa or Wisc or Neb both look really good and have a match-up.... seems very possible. I don't know how likely stats wise, but we certainly have match-ups that could allow for it.

Personally I don't care, I think a lot of the national college football media knows squat about MN and I give no ****s about what they have to say as they've nothing to offer me.

It's probabbly good for the program to get some national talking heads to say a good thing, and that's great, but as far as me personally, they've nothing to offer me.

The other issue is library access:

COtdivuUYAEE2UH.png:large

Bold Prediction: Minnesota hosts its first GameDay on November 9, 2019 against Penn State.

per the link:

3. Minnesota (10)
Team quality: 3

The Gophers are not great, but they seem like they’re on the upswing.

Visiting team quality: 3

The Big Ten West is increasingly interesting, thanks to Scott Frost at Nebraska and Jeff Brohm at Purdue. Either could produce an interesting game in Minneapolis, as could Wisconsin.

Atmosphere potential: 4

GameDay might decide it would like to broadcast from a snow globe. Plus, P.J. Fleck is weird enough to fill plenty of air time.

Go Gophers!!

It will be interesting to see how Fleck and team handles the new level of pre season expectations. I have spent so much of my time hoping for a great Gopher team that would turn heads and go into the last third of the season undefeated to cacth the attention of Gameday, that I have also had enough time to pre-imagine the let down of having the team stumble early.

I will continue to day dream about a breakout season that sees Gameday finally set up their stage in Dinkytown.

I can see characterizing Fleck as weird in the sense that he is unusual or different from other coaches. He's certainly not "weird" in a creepy way.

"Unique" and "energizing" are certainly words I would use when describing Coach Fleck. "Weird" is a poorly chosen description of our head coach.

The 'snow globe' comment was amusing.

If GameDay does come here, what are the chances that it will actually be snowing? How many Gopher football games have been played in snowstorms? Heck, a few flakes fell on our game against Purdue last season (more sleet, in truth), and there was the Dilly Bar Dan game a few years back... other than that, I don't recall much snow during our games.

What are the match ups during the week we play Nebraska? If both of us are undefeated and there aren't any anticipated matchups that week, that could be a good week too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What are the match ups during the week we play Nebraska? If both of us are undefeated and there aren't any anticipated matchups that week, that could be a good week too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don't think the Gophers will be hyped enough by that point to get GameDay in for Nebraska. I think Penn State is this year's best shot because it's a good opponent and by then the Gophers will have had time to build some hype off an easier first 8 games. It will take 7-1, minimum to get GameDay here. At 8-0 there's a great chance I think. Not many great B1G games that day and there's a good chance that it gets picked up by ESPN/ABC in the mid afternoon or prime time slot.

LSU/Bama is that day, but it's a CBS game and ESPN may want to promo what they are featuring for the day.

The 'snow globe' comment was amusing.

If GameDay does come here, what are the chances that it will actually be snowing? How many Gopher football games have been played in snowstorms? Heck, a few flakes fell on our game against Purdue last season (more sleet, in truth), and there was the Dilly Bar Dan game a few years back... other than that, I don't recall much snow during our games.

The only one that comes to mind is the Ohio State game but I'm pretty sure that was the Dilly Bar Dan game. Maybe it snowed when Wisconsin was here a few years back but if I recall it was just really cold.

The only one that comes to mind is the Ohio State game but I'm pretty sure that was the Dilly Bar Dan game. Maybe it snowed when Wisconsin was here a few years back but if I recall it was just really cold.

I think it's snowed a little a couple games (didn't it snow a little that Iowa game when the ground was frozen before they had the coils?). But the only game with SNOW was tOSU.

13 or 14 against OSU was tough to see the field from the second level. Dilly Dan was 16 I believe, the point remains true though that very few games even have snow on the ground much less falling.

13 or 14 against OSU was tough to see the field from the second level. Dilly Dan was 16 I believe, the point remains true though that very few games even have snow on the ground much less falling.

Dilly Bar Dan was the OSU game, 2014.

Top Bottom