Justin Fields Spring Game 'Highlights'

He’s got a long way to go. IIRC he blew up late in high school and didn’t have particularly impressive stats at that level but impressed in 7 on 7s. Physically he’s obviously impressive. He’ll be a lot better and comfortable by the fall but right now looks like a run first guy and looks slow, slow, slow mentally - more like a true freshman. ?? what will happen with OSU this season. Could be interesting few years...let’s hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH516oMUb3c

Hmmmm...

The comments accompanying the video are interesting.

The comments must have been intriguing because they have been blocked now. I watched the QB1 show (season 2) that featured Fields during his senior season of high school. Talent wise he looked very good. I wasn't impressed with the demeanor or leadership he displayed on the show. His will be an interesting career to follow.

The defense seemed to be playing .. way back every play. Obviously they're not tackling but some of that seemed like they were just practicing staying in their lane, and not leaving it.

To me, Fields looked about as lost as Vic Viramontes was in our spring game a few years back.

His 'body language' (whatever that is) looked awful. He did not look like he was having any fun at all. The passes he did throw were unremarkable at best.

Are the Buckeyes primed for a fall?

To me, Fields looked about as lost as Vic Viramontes was in our spring game a few years back.

His 'body language' (whatever that is) looked awful. He did not look like he was having any fun at all. The passes he did throw were unremarkable at best.

Are the Buckeyes primed for a fall?

I have a sneaking suspicion they will probably be ok. That said, by their standards a couple loses would be a terrible season since we are talking about a team that has 9 total loses from 2012-2018.

This whole Free Agent QB thing isn't a slam dunk and there is always the chance it could blow up on a team, you never know.

I have a sneaking suspicion they will probably be ok. That said, by their standards a couple loses would be a terrible season since we are talking about a team that has 9 total loses from 2012-2018.

This whole Free Agent QB thing isn't a slam dunk and there is always the chance it could blow up on a team, you never know.

You're probably right. But they did lose their HOF coach and their All-World QB. If this guy is the replacement for Haskins... I dunno.

For what it's worth (very little), I agree with you. Fields has only been on campus since January. He's had 15 practices. I'd expect by fall he will be more comfortable in the offense and with a year or two under his belt, he will end up being very good. But some of those throws he made...not good.

Perusing Eleven Warriors briefly...fans there seem to acknowledge there will be a steep drop off in the passing department (from Haskins) at least this season. Good defense, run game (including Fields elite wheels) will help.

There is a loud contingent that think the less mobile TX kid Baldwin should be the starter based on where they are right now, and let Fields percolate for awhile in the system.

I smell a faint odor of fear, which is nice. Chances are they don’t have a USC style implosion but it’s not out of the realm of possibility. Day didn’t name a starter which is too bad...maybe one or the other transfers out before the season.

Perusing Eleven Warriors briefly...fans there seem to acknowledge there will be a steep drop off in the passing department (from Haskins) at least this season. Good defense, run game (including Fields elite wheels) will help.

There is a loud contingent that think the less mobile TX kid Baldwin should be the starter based on where they are right now, and let Fields percolate for awhile in the system.

I smell a faint odor of fear, which is nice. Chances are they don’t have a USC style implosion but it’s not out of the realm of possibility. Day didn’t name a starter which is too bad...maybe one or the other transfers out before the season.

Well, if I'm not mistaken he left Georgia because he wanted to play. I wonder if promises were made to Fields.

Well, if I'm not mistaken he left Georgia because he wanted to play. I wonder if promises were made to Fields.

I don’t know about promises, but he must have been brought in as the “front runner until proven otherwise” for Tate Martell to jump into the portal as soon as Fields signed.

Supposedly, according to “multiple credible sources” Lil Jussie’s only stipulation for transfer to OSU was that Haskins was going pro.

Reading between the lines of Day refraining to name him the starter he either feels he needs some motivation, or he is hoping neither Baldwin or Fields enters the transfer portal before the season which would leave them dangerously thin at QB. It worked ok for Nebraska last season but disaster could easily ensue should an injury occur.

He looked shaky in the Spring game?
Time to cut him loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good

The Buckeyes will take a step back without Urban this year. Hopefully it's a big step back and we can all enjoy their fans melting down.

Good

The Buckeyes will take a step back without Urban this year. Hopefully it's a big step back and we can all enjoy their fans melting down.

Michigan has had their day and we have had our schadenfreude, now it’s time for the team down south.

He'd be duking it out with Seth Green for the wildcat role on the Gophers. I'd lean toward Seth. Do we get to play these guys this year?

The comments must have been intriguing because they have been blocked now. I watched the QB1 show (season 2) that featured Fields during his senior season of high school. Talent wise he looked very good. I wasn't impressed with the demeanor or leadership he displayed on the show. His will be an interesting career to follow.

The comments are still there. I just spent 15 minutes talking trash and I read them all.

Unfortunately the Gophers don't get a crack at tOSU this year. I do think it's interesting that their fans are expecting any regression without Urban. I would expect them to have at least a couple of down years.

Unfortunately the Gophers don't get a crack at tOSU this year. I do think it's interesting that their fans are expecting any regression without Urban. I would expect them to have at least a couple of down years.

If they hold off Michigan and Penn State we will get them in the B1G Championship game.

He looked shaky in the Spring game?
Time to cut him loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, when he was labeled as (quite literally this time) a Joe Elway type player and the best QB in the Big Ten for 2019 fans probably expected a little more out of the chute during a scrimmage when the defense isn't really playing for blood. No doubt he will get a lot better and may live up to the generational hype eventually.

I'd be surprised if they missed a beat.

There are probably many people who agree with you. It's still Ohio State, after all; THE Ohio State.

Serious question, though: How many teams would we say that about, if they lost their HOF coach and their outstanding passer all in the same year... and if the coach was replaced by an assistant, and the QB by an unproven transfer?

I mean, if Saban retired suddenly from Alabama due to health concerns, and Tua declared for the NFL and they had some transfer to replace him, would we be saying 'Bama will still contend for the National Championship, per usual?

I don't know the answer, but I'm interested in reading what the board thinks.

Top Bottom