U Football on Fleck and Omersa: Recruiting never stops, what # do you want Jarvis?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

U basketball chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

his response

Pitino's response is great. Like seeing the sports have some fun with each other on social media.

What’s with the armed guard? Have there been recent polar bear stabbing or something?

What’s with the armed guard? Have there been recent polar bear stabbing or something?

That's actually Omersa's body guard....Pitino sent him along with Jarvis to make sure Fleck doesn't kidnap him

No, it's because of the outrage by the usual clowns on the Football Forum because PJ said they were now the second youngest team in the country.

I have this strangely weird pipe-dream of some kid playing both sports for the U someday.

I thought Nate Wozniak could have given the bball team some good minutes after his senior year of football. I desperately wanted Reid Travis to play DE (or QB) in addition to playing on the hoops team. If it weren't for his pro prospects, I would think Tyler Johnson could give us good minutes next winter on the court (man, I bet he'd be lockdown defensively). Omersa had some pretty good stats, I think, at WR. I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple.

And obviously, Suggs could be some sort of savior as our QB and PG.

I have this strangely weird pipe-dream of some kid playing both sports for the U someday.

I thought Nate Wozniak could have given the bball team some good minutes after his senior year of football. I desperately wanted Reid Travis to play DE (or QB) in addition to playing on the hoops team. If it weren't for his pro prospects, I would think Tyler Johnson could give us good minutes next winter on the court (man, I bet he'd be lockdown defensively). Omersa had some pretty good stats, I think, at WR. I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple.

I like your line of thinking. Would be fun. Maybe Faalele for a few minutes at center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter Register had a D1 b-ball offer and Rashad Still looks like a D1 guy too on the court.

He's authorized to shoot on sight anyone publishing notes on practice.

Hunter Register had a D1 b-ball offer and Rashad Still looks like a D1 guy too on the court.

I played with Still a few times at the U rec center. He was pretty good, broke my ankles a few times and Demry yammed right over me. Demry definitely could have gone D1 Rashod probably not

I was hoping Nate would play some hoops. At the time, I think bball really needed another big. Maybe someone could play both sports, but not at QB and probably not PG. If he did give it a go, it'd give 'em instant publicity. There can't be too many folks that even give that a try.

I was hoping Nate would play some hoops. At the time, I think bball really needed another big. Maybe someone could play both sports, but not at QB and probably not PG. If he did give it a go, it'd give 'em instant publicity. There can't be too many folks that even give that a try.

Too much overlap between the two sports to really make this realistic. Gopher basketball starts games in early November but they are practicing prior to that. In a year where the football team doesn't play in a bowl game it might be conceivable that someone could do it but if the team qualifies for a bowl that would knock out another huge chunk of the basketball season.

Then you have a guy coming to the basketball team most likely pretty beaten down from football season having not practiced or worked with the team at all. Just doesn't work. Very different conditioning needed as well for the sports.

Decker played football and baseball and we have had some guys do Football and Track but in this day and age of college athletics where things are basically year round it is pretty tough to be a multi-sport athlete.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/7344552/5828d065688ec515a8c1679c' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe> .

Looks like a better nfl prospect than nba prospect...

He could be the next Gronk!

Top Bottom