LBJ for B1G Championship Game Prediction

Here is the part about us from the article:

Little Brown Jug for a B1G title
While we’re here, why not turn a knee-jerk reaction into a bold prediction? How about a Minnesota-Michigan B1G Championship Game scenario? Minnesota looked good in just about every facet of the game on Saturday and is arguably the most well-rounded team in the B1G West, at least at this point. As for Michigan, Josh Gattis’ offense is allowing Shea Patterson to play to his strengths and skill position players to get into space. The offense looks capable of making a huge leap this season. So, why not? Let’s have a rivalry trophy on the line in Indianapolis this year, along with a conference title.

Would be pretty cool to see it play out this way.

While we’re here, why not turn a knee-jerk reaction into a bold prediction? How about a Minnesota-Michigan B1G Championship Game scenario? Minnesota looked good in just about every facet of the game on Saturday and is arguably the most well-rounded team in the B1G West, at least at this point. As for Michigan, Josh Gattis’ offense is allowing Shea Patterson to play to his strengths and skill position players to get into space. The offense looks capable of making a huge leap this season. So, why not? Let’s have a rivalry trophy on the line in Indianapolis this year, along with a conference title.

Do we know if the "rules" of the LBJ would have it up for grabs in a non-regular season game?

Do we know if the "rules" of the LBJ would have it up for grabs in a non-regular season game?

Would seem like it would be on the line anytime Minnesota and Michigan played but don't have any proof to back that up.

I think I had read somewhere that the LBJ would NOT be up for grabs. I'm pretty sure the conference would be embarrassed to see the Gophers bolt across the field to get the jug and then say "oh yeah" and settle down for the B1G trophy presentation. Yes, unlikely to dream of the Gophers winning the B1G championship game but the conference plans for EVERYTHING.

Lyndon Baines Johnson is dead. What kind of bad research is this?

It's not a pipe dream. It can happen.

I think I had read somewhere that the LBJ would NOT be up for grabs. I'm pretty sure the conference would be embarrassed to see the Gophers bolt across the field to get the jug and then say "oh yeah" and settle down for the B1G trophy presentation. Yes, unlikely to dream of the Gophers winning the B1G championship game but the conference plans for EVERYTHING.

Sadly I agree with you. This is how the B1G would see it.

I think that's totally wrong. Why not embrace the oldest trophy and one of the oldest rivalries in college football? It's not the Heroes Trophy or Land Grant Trophy or something crappy like that. I think it's good optics to have authentic college football history up there on stage next to the forgettable Super Bowl trophy knockoff the conference uses. It's not as if the winner won't take the stage or will forget they won the conference because of the Jug.

I'd imagine maybe the schools agree to an exchange of the trophy off field or something like that. Would be weird to record the game on the trophy but potentially have the losing team have it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom