ESPN: LSU reinstates coach Wade after NCAA meeting

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

LSU has reinstated Will Wade as its men's basketball coach, Tigers athletic director Joe Alleva announced Sunday night.

Wade was suspended more than a month ago for not meeting with the school and answering questions regarding his relationship with runner-agent Christian Dawkins. The two sides finally met Friday alongside NCAA compliance officials, and Alleva said he was satisfied with Wade's responses.

"Coach Wade met Friday with University and NCAA officials," Alleva said in a statement. "During those meetings, he answered all questions and denied any wrongdoing in connection with recently reported allegations of irregularities in college basketball recruiting.

"The University regrets that Coach Wade did not choose to fulfill his obligations to LSU when he was first asked to do so. However, the seriousness of the allegations and Coach Wade's prior refusal to refute them could not be ignored without exposing the University and basketball program to great risk. Protecting LSU and preserving our integrity must always be our first priority. Coach Wade's explanations and clarifications offered during the meeting, absent actual evidence of misconduct, satisfy his contractual obligation to LSU."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...526364/lsu-reinstates-coach-wade-ncaa-meeting

Go Gophers!!

The statement from the school basically reads: "This is a procedural move to protect us legally, and we are going to fire him with cause as soon as we are allowed to listen to the wiretap."

The statement from the school basically reads: "This is a procedural move to protect us legally, and we are going to fire him with cause as soon as we are allowed to listen to the wiretap."

I hope you're right, but they don't play by the same rules in the SEC that most of us do. I fear it may be a "they didn't hammer UNC, so we're going to fight like crazy to not get punished."

Shameful. Re-hang the banners on opening night next year.

I will be shocked if he's coaching LSU or anywhere else next fall.

I will be shocked if he's coaching LSU or anywhere else next fall.

LSU really came down hard on him. Added a contract amendment. Unbelievable.

"This amendment to Will Wade's contract represents a strong commitment by Coach Wade to the integrity of the institution and to his continued cooperation in partnership with LSU," said Jason Droddy, LSU's interim vice president for strategic communications, in a statement on Wednesday. "We are pleased we were able to come to this agreement as we move forward in this process."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26597430/lsu-wade-agree-deal-amended-clause

Top Bottom