Faalele Wildcat?

Putting Fa'alele would put every man available in the box to stop him, which would leave the entire defensive backfield virtually empty for any 1 on 1 shots we wish to take.. or qb roll-out to the pylon.

If he lines up in backfield, as an opponent DC, I would imagine they would say take him out at the knees. ACL tear and him sitting out rest of year would be bad.
Keep him at Tackle and have him maul the DL on the goal line like he does every play.

I was thinking the same thing. It’s fun to think about, but why expose a top o-lineman to injury? I watched his run and he doesn’t get low enough to protect himself. He is also a plodding runner putting nearly all his weight on each foot. A recipe for injury.

He does have quick feet for his size, and can get downfield well enough to be a very good tackle. But I hope he doesn’t play as a back.

It’s really fun and makes for good headlines. However, I don’t like a play that exposes his knees to tacklers. He ran like a statue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better yet, run the play for a 2 point conversion when we’re up late.

Daniel Faalele is such a beast the XFL is going to sign him away from us to run their new 3 point conversion plays. By himself.

I think most get it but get there seem to be some that are under the impression this was more than just a spring game gimmick for fun. Not saying we would never use Big Dan this way but I think the coaches are more then happy to have him clearing space from his position along the line.

Given that we already have a great short yardage option on the roster in Green would seem pretty foolish to risk handing the ball off to an offensive lineman in an actual game situation.

Still looked pretty cool to see him running the ball in and I would not want to be on the other side of the ball trying to tackle him. For those that have not seen it yet it is in this highlight package at around the 1:00 mark.

Have Mo tenderize the opposing Defense in the second half. Then, on short yardage inside the Red Zone have Faalele carry the ball when the Defense is worn down.

Ask that Georgia Tech guy that Faalele used as a landing cushion if he'd like to see Faalele at Fullback late in the game.

That certainly will be on national replay of the game and a good recruiting attention getter.

This is a great way to describe Mo's running style. He looks like a miserable player to try to tackle.

This is a great way to describe Mo's running style. He looks like a miserable player to try to tackle.

I think Brooks has a lot of that quality too (or even moreso than Mo)....just needs to stay healthy.

I think Brooks has a lot of that quality too (or even moreso than Mo)....just needs to stay healthy.

So hopeful that Brooks can play a full season this year. He clearly has a ton of talent but has just been snake bitten by injuries. Winfield is in a very similar boat on defense.

Would be awesome to see Brooks be able to end his college career on a high note as I am sure the last few years have been really frustrating for him.

Put him back there on 3rd and 1 and do a play action pass.

Top Bottom