Shooter: A little birdie says within few weeks NCAA will announce US Bank to host CFP

We'll see if it ever goes back to Levi's... Pac-12 opted out of hosting their championships there. It's a weird spot.

We should be contending by then if the current trend keeps up. Would be cool if we were in the championship for that game. Essentially a home game. One can dream.

Yuck, this state needs to decline hosting any national event December thru March.

*With the possible exception of hockey.

Yuck, this state needs to decline hosting any national event December thru March.

Geez. I know the weather can be iffy. But the Twin Cities area has shown that it can host major events, and do a good job. Which brings people, money and national attention to the area.

if it was up to me, they would host something big every year - NCAA regionals, a Bowl game, X-games, you name it. people come to town and spend money. which - counter to Jay Wiener's pet economist - they would not have spent without that event taking place.

Stupid that we didn’t get it for 2020. Phoenix did the trifecta and Atlanta is doing it. Oh well, better late than never.

MSP is a major hub so flights here are convenient and shouldn't be too expensive. There are plenty of hotel rooms and there's good transit to get to the game. And there's the Mall of America for people who like that sort of thing.

The combo of skyways, and especially light rail to connect the downtowns, airport, and mall of america - make hosting big events comparably easy for the Twin Cities for 12 months a year. The Final Four was yet another example of how smoothly it can all run. I would really look forward to this game coming to US Bank Stadium and I would be on the lookout for tickets myself. Bringing the college football championship north is overdue, in my opinion.

Local media is already licking their chops for all the fluff stories they could file for months with it here

There is a certain group of people who actually enjoy coming to Minnesota in the winter. To visit. For a lot of Americans a true winter experience is a bit exotic. Minnesota should do winter events and lean into the winter-ness, like with the ice palaces and such. Like it or not it's going to be a part of the state's brand, at least until Duluth has the climate of Memphis.

There is a certain group of people who actually enjoy coming to Minnesota in the winter. To visit. For a lot of Americans a true winter experience is a bit exotic. Minnesota should do winter events and lean into the winter-ness, like with the ice palaces and such. Like it or not it's going to be a part of the state's brand, at least until Duluth has the climate of Memphis.

Never once thought of it like that. Not sure if true, but I like it.

MSP is a major hub so flights here are convenient and shouldn't be too expensive. There are plenty of hotel rooms and there's good transit to get to the game. And there's the Mall of America for people who like that sort of thing.

The whole hub thing is way overplayed. The airlines jack up the prices. If you wait till you know your team is in the game, the tickets will be outrageous.

After Michigan State booked their ticket to the Final 4, Delta was charging $1500 for a 90 minute flight from Detroit to Minneapolis.

What about BIG championship game? Any scuttle but there?

Indianapolis is in the middle of the conf, and has a dome. I don’t see them letting the champ game go too far east or west and outside, save maybe for Chicago or NYC?

The whole hub thing is way overplayed. The airlines jack up the prices. If you wait till you know your team is in the game, the tickets will be outrageous.

After Michigan State booked their ticket to the Final 4, Delta was charging $1500 for a 90 minute flight from Detroit to Minneapolis.

Yep. It’s all algorithmic pricing, designed to get the highest price possible. And Delta has most of the flights going in or out. They know they have you. Might get lucky on a Spirit flight, but it’s usually just one per day.

Sounds like big business doing things like this. Kind of like needed medications. If a need is there for medical help, the prices soar.

Indianapolis is in the middle of the conf, and has a dome. I don’t see them letting the champ game go too far east or west and outside, save maybe for Chicago or NYC?

I wouldn't be surprised if they give us one a year or two prior to the CFP. I don't think we'll ever get it regularly though.

The Big Ten championship game should be in Indy every 2 of 3 or 3 of 4 years, but I wouldn't mind if the Big Ten threw some other venues a bone those other years...

Lots of potential options:

-Minneapolis
-Detroit
-Chicago (if they actually started taking care of the playing surface at Soldier Field
-Cincinnati or Cleveland
-Pittsburgh

As for the CFB title, I'm all about it. I also want a bowl game with 6th to 8th ranked power-5 conference teams...

More football is a good thing!

The Big Ten championship game should be in Indy every 2 of 3 or 3 of 4 years, but I wouldn't mind if the Big Ten threw some other venues a bone those other years...

Lots of potential options:

-Minneapolis
-Detroit
-Chicago (if they actually started taking care of the playing surface at Soldier Field
-Cincinnati or Cleveland
-Pittsburgh

As for the CFB title, I'm all about it. I also want a bowl game with 6th to 8th ranked power-5 conference teams...

More football is a good thing!

Chicago just seems like a great center for B1G events.... but yea not sure how much Soldier Field is down with that.

Chicago just seems like a great center for B1G events.... but yea not sure how much Soldier Field is down with that.

The city/parks department owns it, and speaking as a Chicagoan, we sure do need the money.

If it wasn't an open-air stadium I think it would be a slam dunk to host it in Chicago some of the time.
No reason they can't rotate between Detroit, Indy, and here though.

Probably wouldn't make economic sense but with Chicago being so huge, centrally located, and capable of otherwise hosting big events - I wish they could/would build a cheap "Alamo Dome" type dome that could host final fours, B1G football championships, etc. etc.

Probably wouldn't make economic sense but with Chicago being so huge, centrally located, and capable of otherwise hosting big events - I wish they could/would build a cheap "Alamo Dome" type dome that could host final fours, B1G football championships, etc. etc.

If they were given a 2nd NFL team, I could potentially see it.

The Jags would make the most sense, with Indy a fairly short trip on an interstate freeway. Then you’ve got your two domes, centrally located, hosting.

Last edited:

Agree. I went to a meet and greet with the Dan Patrick Show and talked to the Danettes and they said they love coming here. They get a kick out of filming winter bits like ice fishing or doing a polar plunge. They also complimented the local restaurant options.

Top Bottom