Bellido commits

Bellido’s hudl video looks pretty good. Very clean route runner. Could be a solid slot guy at some point. Anyone know how many scholarships we have to offer for this class?

Bellido’s hudl video looks pretty good. Very clean route runner. Could be a solid slot guy at some point. Anyone know how many scholarships we have to offer for this class?

I want to say 23 in the 2020 class...?

Nebraska has added 105 bodies in the last 15 months. I say we just continue to add all those bodies who show an interest that qualify. Worry about the numbers later.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Don’t think we’ve had too many NYC players on the football team. Welcome aboard!

per Megan:

Another commit

Shortly after the spring game’s conclusion, the Gophers garnered another commitment. Justin Bellido, a wide receiver out of Brooklyn and Erasmus Hall High School in New York City, announced his decision on Twitter. The 5-10, 165-pounder is the eighth member of the 2020 class. He is a three-star recruit, according to 247Sports.

http://www.startribune.com/right-ta...s-touchdown-in-gophers-spring-game/508550202/

Go Gophers!!

Welcome! You'll fit in with the culture here!

More likely not- completely different types of receivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe in the "Only a three star now, but will have SEC attention later" perspective.
Either way it doesn't matter. As long as he comes and plays well.

What do you mean? more of a slants short pass vs deep balls?

Bateman is about 4 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier. I think this is a nice get though, has offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, and BC. I think Fleck has proven that he has a knack for identifying WR talent.

Bateman is about 4 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier. I think this is a nice get though, has offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, and BC. I think Fleck has proven that he has a knack for identifying WR talent.

No one can question Fleck on WRs. This kid will be solid for us.

I would imagine the intent is for Bellido to be a slot WR. We also have Jonathan Mann as part of this class and he’s listed at 6’2” and 190lbs. So we have a wideout who’s big enough to play on the outside and one who can play in the slot. I’d imagine we are now done at both WR and RB for this class.

Bellido is pretty impressive on film. He already runs really good routes and does an excellent job of high pointing the ball. From the catches he is making, I would have thought he is 6’1 or 6’2” instead of the 5’10” he is listed at.

Brooklyn, New York is Gopher country

I'm surprised there is football in Brooklyn. I thought most of NYC proper didn't have HS football, mostly for lack of field space. I know the annual top NY State prospects list is a rather short one for the state's population and mostly comes from out-state.

Top Bottom