Spring Game

#16 Santaga the QB looked really good at RB I was really surprised.

Tanner and Zack both made nice throws and offset those with dumb mistakes.
Having Brooks and Smith back is obviously great, but IMO, Inrahim is your horse. His patience reminds me so much of Emmitt Smith. He's short, a little stocky, but it doesn't matter. He has the patience to let a play develop, hit holes with authority and make as much as possible with what the defense gives you.

Let’s be fair, the defense scored 7 of those points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's true. Maybe the defense cliff isn't quite so high as I thought....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Green stripes on some helmets?

It has to do with how many turnovers they get. Practice, I assume? IIRC - Green to Pink to Yellow, every 2 changes the color.

I really like this idea. One of the better ones since the Loafers shirt. Making a team member accountable to their teammates is crucial in any setting.

Anyone see Kamal Martin of the field?

Were there any overt injuries yesterday?

Were there any overt injuries yesterday?

Spoofin developed carpel tunnel syndrome from all his witty responses. Other than that we came away unscathed.

Anyone see Kamal Martin of the field?

I know he was in on at least one play. I think some of the veterans saw limited time. Same thing with Coughlin - he was only in for a few series.

It was hard to tell with the defensive players, because the BTN crew almost never identified the defensive players, except for a couple of pass-break ups. And then the color man said Clemmons was with the team last year - which of course he was not. I don't think the TV crew did a lot of homework for the broadcast.

Spoofin developed carpel tunnel syndrome from all his witty responses. Other than that we came away unscathed.

Is that possible when you only use your thumbs?

I didn't see Nolan Edmonds out there yesterday. I know we red shirted him last year but what's up with him? He was supposed to be the highest rated RB recruit from last years class.

#16 Santaga the QB looked really good at RB I was really surprised.

Yes he did, very quick out of the backfield. I wonder if he will have a Seth Green (wildcat) type role next year when Seth is gone.

Yes he did, very quick out of the backfield. I wonder if he will have a Seth Green (wildcat) type role next year when Seth is gone.

I was thinking about this, but it would be a much different breed of wildcat. #16 is quick, with good acceleration, Seth Green is big and strong. The D knows it's coming, and he gets his yards anyway. Guaranteed first down is what Seth Green gets you, #16 wouldn't fill that niche, but he's impressive nonetheless.

Is that possible when you only use your thumbs?

Get some Dragon software and you don’t even need to type anymore Spoofin!

Injured and out this spring. Can’t remember what it is, he should be back for fall camp.

I’ve read he is wearing a boot so let’s go with “lower leg injury”.

Having Brooks and Smith back is obviously great, but IMO, Inrahim is your horse. His patience reminds me so much of Emmitt Smith. He's short, a little stocky, but it doesn't matter. He has the patience to let a play develop, hit holes with authority and make as much as possible with what the defense gives you.

Agreed. Frankly, I've been baffled by the view regarding Ibrahim as a fill-in until Smith and Brooks return. I don't know how anyone could feel that way after the season he had last year. He's a more consistent gainer than Rodney and, at least so far, he has been more durable (and possibly less fumble prone) than Brooks.

Agreed. Frankly, I've been baffled by the view regarding Ibrahim as a fill-in until Smith and Brooks return. I don't know how anyone could feel that way after the season he had last year. He's a more consistent gainer than Rodney and, at least so far, he has been more durable (and possibly less fumble prone) than Brooks.

I'll be 100% happy with any of the three running backs, but I think if either Brooks or Smith are running behind an offensive line that plays as well as it did at the end of last season combined with an actual threat of a complimentary passing game, we'll see them perform at a level higher than either has previously achieved. Big Mo(ney) had those benefits which surely helped his performance. I'm not so sure Smith or Brooks ever have had those. My $0.02

Green will still be here next year - unless he leaves with eligibility remaining.

I didn't get to see the game. Can any experts here give me a rundown on how the DT's and DE's played?

I didn't get to see the game. Can any experts here give me a rundown on how the DT's and DE's played?

There was a good pass rush but some of the "sacks" weren't real sacks because it was one hand touch on the QBs. Except the last play of the game when someone whomped Jacob Clark.

I didn't see Nolan Edmonds out there yesterday. I know we red shirted him last year but what's up with him? He was supposed to be the highest rated RB recruit from last years class.

He was out with an injury. They mentioned it wasn't long term.

Top Bottom