Spring Game

Final Score: Maroon 38, Gold 20

I was impressed, they looked like a legit B1G football team. I liked how they were trying to incorporate the TE's more. I liked some of the young DE's (Mafe, Otomewo, Devers). Moe is still really good. Clark has a nice arm. Can't wait for 08/29.

All the four QBs seem to be doing good. Next season, it will be very tough to go down with an injury as a QB. You may not get your starting position back. We can't complain about lack of spirals in Jacob Clark's throw. I wish I could be3 at the Spring Game.

Final Score: Maroon 38, Gold 20

I was impressed, they looked like a legit B1G football team. I liked how they were trying to incorporate the TE's more. I liked some of the young DE's (Mafe, Otomewo, Devers). Moe is still really good. Clark has a nice arm. Can't wait for 08/29.

Totally get your point...Devers is a Sr though. Much like the first open practice, the team looks like they did at the end of Fall practices last year, well ahead compared to this point last year on both sides.

QB is definitely a competition between ZA and TM. ZA had the edge today. Clark showcased that arm...see Fleck red shirting him, so should be very interesting next year once he has a full season in the offense and hits the weight room. Kramer very up and down.

Douglas and Jelen impressed me on offense beyond the Ones. Tight Ends! Not just for blocking!

Rush on defense stood out. Coughlin, Barber look game ready right now. DL was very solid.

Can't wait for the first Fall open practice!

Will watch the tape-delay BTN on DVR later, but regarding ZA's throws ... one thing I recall from last year was the lack of velocity on his throws. If they get there, they get there. Fine. But man I remember him throwing the ball like a shot put.

All the four QBs seem to be doing good. Next season, it will be very tough to go down with an injury as a QB. You may not get your starting position back. We can't complain about lack of spirals in Jacob Clark's throw. I wish I could be3 at the Spring Game.

Kramer was up and down. Clark definitely has the down field arm but his touch close to the goal on those fade tosses was not there. Agree 2020 will be fun to watch at QB.

Live Nebraska spring game on BTN is running late. Just ended the 3rd. Are we going to get shafted and have our replay cut short?

Accuracy >> Velocity

To some degree yes. But you can’t make it being only noodle armed unless you put the ball inly where your guy can get it every single time. Decreases your margin for error massively

This would be typical. Half the game will be missed.

I thought that would happen but it started from the beginning about 20 minutes late after Nebraska wrapped up. It's a solid broadcast for having to throw something together in the practice facility.

To some degree yes. But you can’t make it being only noodle armed unless you put the ball inly where your guy can get it every single time. Decreases your margin for error massively

To some degree yes. Seen many with velocity flat throw air mail it beyond the down field receiver or not give the receiver any time to adjust. I would not call ZA or TM noodle arms, at all.

Accuracy >> Velocity

Velocity is a vector quantity which means it has magnitude and direction so velocity is more important. Now if we were talking speed, which is scalar.......

That completes today's physics lesson.

What about defense? Any insight to the overall feel of the defense from game.

I think that will be the key to a successful season. Heard about flashes from usual suspects this spring.

What about some of the redshirt defensive lineman from last year.

Regeilsperger

Ahanotu

Okonji

I know I probably butchered the spellings, but they were high on these guys. Did they show at all?

Last edited:

Live Nebraska spring game on BTN is running late. Just ended the 3rd. Are we going to get shafted and have our replay cut short?

Did anyone else hear that Nebraska has added 105 bodies in the last 15 months? How is that possible? Scholarship limitations certainly wouldn’t allow this. Perhaps Frost is pushing the envelope like NC and Duke does in basketball. Sad, really sad.

Really a lot to digest from that game ... and the announcers were no help whatsoever. Several times they mentioned the questions regarding placement of personnel on the offensive line -- and the they never once mentioned what positions guys were playing right in front of them!

I seldom bash announcers, because they are what they are. But these guys were dangerously close to being negative help. Next year, please add someone -- a beat writer, or even someone from geekdom -- who knows the questions and can provide some context to the action. Your main guys can still half-ass it, but there should be someone who cares just a little on the broadcast team.

I haven't bothered to look yet. Anyone know if depth charts were available?

JTG

Velocity is a vector quantity which means it has magnitude and direction so velocity is more important. Now if we were talking speed, which is scalar.......

That completes today's physics lesson.
Keep it up. You were really building momentum. I'll bet you were just doing it on impulse though.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

To be fair to the BTN folks, the announcers had a poor vantage point. They were on the 20-yard line, at field level, and it appeared there was possibly one spotter helping them.

On the positive side, Stanley Jackson, former OSU QB, had some fairly enlightened comments. Not a ton of them, but still...

The good thing is MN offense scored 58 points! The bad thing is that MN defense allowed 58 points.... Do we celebrate, or look for a cliff to jump off...??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The good thing is MN offense scored 58 points! The bad thing is that MN defense allowed 58 points.... Do we celebrate, or look for a cliff to jump off...??

They always say the defense is ahead of the offense, so that doesn't seem great!

Then again, it's a scrimmage and means almost nothing.

I noticed him in a positive way on a few plays. He’s big and physical like Greene. Maybe the LT position won’t see much of a drop off.

Thanks for this. If we can find a solution at LT, the offense should keep on humming. It’s hard to dream on what the line played like late last year but with guys Rodney and Shannon running behind it.

Let’s be fair, the defense scored 7 of those points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this. If we can find a solution at LT, the offense should keep on humming. It’s hard to dream on what the line played like late last year but with guys Rodney and Shannon running behind it.

I agree. The one position group I’m a little concerned about is the d line, but I’m excited to see what the new faces can do.

I don't know a lot about football, but my thoughts are it would be tougher for defense to function well as a split-squad than an offense.

Saw someone said Kramer looked a little lost out there.
Did whoever post that watch Vic last year? Vic couldn't field a snap clean in last years game. It was unfortunate.

I'm gonna go with good, unstoppable offense, defense that can stop anyone but our own offense.

Top Bottom