Marcus Carr tweets he is declaring for the NBA draft

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Tweeted at 9:46 PM on a Friday. I would guess/hope he just had a few and decided to tweet this as a joke. Otherwise maybe he's just testing the waters.

Hopefully he his a very good big ten player or else he is delusional.

I’m assuming to check out the process. That wiesskamp kid from Iowa declared too. But if he actually leaves it’s absolutely bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only around 70 players are invited to the NBA draft combine, if a player isn't selected for that they have to pull out of the draft by May 29th, they both will have a pretty good idea where they stand by early may. Talked about heavily in the other topic I guess, nothing new

Last edited:

So the next alleged savior of the program may never actually play one minute for the U?

Unlikely but this is how things go around here.

It is harmless for him to take a look. He has little to no chance of being invited. Hundreds of players are doing this.

People, please don’t freak out about this. Carr is taking advantage of the process. He’s not going anywhere. He’ll be back. End of story.

I’m assuming to check out the process. That wiesskamp kid from Iowa declared too. But if he actually leaves it’s absolutely bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking news: Gabe Kalscheur announced he is declaring for the NBA draft.

People, please don’t freak out about this. Carr is taking advantage of the process. He’s not going anywhere. He’ll be back. End of story.

Agree, If he does get invited to the combine he can show off his athleticism and skills, if not they have that elite camp and he could go against G league players trying to get into the NBA to see where he stands.

The good news is that he is a confident kid who wants to play at the next level. I like that. He'll have a great year for the Gophers!

Announcing at midnight 2 days after the deadline to enter. This is probably a joke.

Last edited:

It looks like the tweet has been deleted.

Yep, what I was expecting. Probably had a bit too much to drink on a Friday night and decided to take to twitter for fun. This is why Pitino didn't let players on social media during the season.

Mods, feel free to change the thread title.

Honestly don't know why every single player isn't doing this, you literally have nothing to lose anymore. Like why did Tre decide to stay in school instead of testing the waters? Even if you are dead set at going to school 4 years, test the waters and get feedback and then pull your name out, it can only benefit you.

Last edited:

Honestly don't know why every single player isn't doing this, you literally have nothing to lose anymore. Like why did Tre decide to stay in school instead of testing the waters? Even if you are dead set at going to school 4 years, test the waters and get feedback and then pull your name out, it can only benefit you.

I suppose that there is the danger of NBA scouts seeing a kid before they are ready and souring the kid's prospects...but other than that, yeah you make an excellent point. Colleges are now NBA farm clubs- on the cheap.

Unless you value your own time.
It can only benefit you if you see your time as worthless.

Probably was having a little too much fun and/or he left his phone out and someone decided to have a little fun with him.

LOL, Twitter and sarcastic humor do not easily merge. However, Richard is a master. Marcus ought to consult with coach on the subtleties of Twitter humor. [emoji16]

Korzo says Carr REALLY hates Pitino. :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, what I was expecting. Probably had a bit too much to drink on a Friday night and decided to take to twitter for fun. This is why Pitino didn't let players on social media during the season.

Mods, feel free to change the thread title.

If only there was a way you could change the thread title yourself. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Thread should be deleted and locked, with this post left as a note to those who click on it.

But, that's not how it works.

Top Bottom