What Away game 2019 would you attend

West Fargo Gopher Fan

Section 114 Row 2
Reaction score
Wife wants to move back to Fargo :(

I dont want to but I finally agreed to. Dont worry. Keeping season tickets

As a compromise we get to go to one away game a year. Where should we go this fall?

Technically that would be winter.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I am going to the Rutgers game. I don't care about them as an opponent and I assume that we'll win comfortably, but I've never been to NYC and I'm using this as an excuse to go there.

As a compromise we get to go to one away game a year. Where should we go this fall?

I'm glad you can afford to keep your season tickets and support the Gophers.

Will you attend any NDSU games with your wife?

I'm glad you can afford to keep your season tickets and support the Gophers.

Will you attend any NDSU games with your wife?
No. I don't have any interest. She hates NDSU because students broke into her parents house multiple times growing up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'll give you a heads up. You well need to save your money when GSU wins this game against the Gophers this year.

The best place to stay is in Savannah. The drive to Statesboro is between 45-60 min. depending where you stay.

The great thing is that GSU does not have an opening for 3 years so you can save up for it & we are not Fargo! :cool:

Just a little jab

TALON

Last edited:

I have friends that played for NDSU. Past and present. One is a senior this fall. My mom graduated there. My dad raised me a Minnesota sports fan. (In other words my dad raised me correctly)

I am going to the Rutgers game. I don't care about them as an opponent and I assume that we'll win comfortably, but I've never been to NYC and I'm using this as an excuse to go there.
Been to NYC once in 2000. Id definitely go back.

No. I don't have any interest. She hates NDSU because students broke into her parents house multiple times growing up.

WSGF - "I have friends that played for NDSU. Past and present. One is a senior this fall. My mom graduated there. My dad raised me a Minnesota sports fan. (In other words my dad raised me correctly)"

If they were known as NDSU students were they posicuted and expelled from NDSU?

Last edited:

I'll be heading to the Purdue game this fall. It's a bit of a drive from Minneapolis coming in at 7 and a half. The game's in September so hopefully the weather cooperates. If Purdue is too far, then I would recommend Iowa.

Went to NYC for the first time last summer. Definitely worth seeing. Not a place I would want to spend a lot of time but worth visiting. If we did the Rutgers trip we might go see Philly.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Went to NYC for the first time last summer. Definitely worth seeing. Not a place I would want to spend a lot of time but worth visiting. If we did the Rutgers trip we might go see Philly.

I was remiss in not mentioning that one of my best friends (and a fellow Gopher alum) lives in New Brunswick and this will be a chance to spend some time together as well. Good call on Philly - I'm both a big Revolutionary War buff and a Rocky fan, so there's a lot there I'd want to see.

I am likely going to northwestern and Iowa this year.

Purdue, for sure, Northwestern as a possibility should the season progress as I hope it does. Along that same line, BIG10 Championship Game and Rose Bowl. Hey, if your going fishing for Moby Dick, don't forget to bring the tartar sauce!

If you only get to go to one it's gotta be the bowl game. Go Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to Purdue in 2017 and it was underwhelming but still a good time. I'll likely head to Iowa this year. Heard good things there.

Also early vote for Nebraska next year. A very cool experience as a visiting fan.

I mentioned in another poll a list of things to consider:

1. Frequency of play: The Gophers play at Purdue, Iowa and Northwestern every other year. You miss this year, pretty easy to catch next time. The Gophers play at Rutgers at least once every 6 years, so less common, but doable if you miss. They may never play at Fresno State again in our lifetimes.

2. Surrounding areas: Rutgers you get NYC and Philly (not a fan of Philly personally, but to each their own). Purdue or NW you get Chicago. Fresno you get Sequoia and King's Canyon National Parks, San Francisco or Monterrey/Santa Cruz. Iowa you get meth country.

3. Friends/relatives in the area: We have relatives in Connecticut, so there is a draw for us to go to Rutgers.

4. Is there an area you've never been/always wanted to go? I've never been to NYC area or northern CA. Been to Chicago several times. Been to IA City enough (at one visit).

5. Do you have any friends going to one of the games? We have several friends going to Rutgers.

For us, the answer is probably Rutgers. I'd like to do Fresno, but I don't see it happening.

Iowa fans are much better hosts than they are visitors

It's like two difference fan bases for home and away...which is probably the case. By far the worst visitor fans I have ever experienced at Gopher games.

It's like two difference fan bases for home and away...which is probably the case. By far the worst visitor fans I have ever experienced at Gopher games.

Probably true for football. UND hockey fans are pretty bad visitors too.

Top Bottom