The four biggest games of Georgia Southern’s 2019 season (Most intriguing game: MN)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Baxley:

Here are the four games GS fans should be circling on their schedule as must watch games.

Most intriguing game: @ Minnesota, September 14

Surprisingly, this is only the second game against a Big 10 school for the Eagles, the first since 2017’s 52-17 route at Indiana. This will be P.J. Fleck’s third season at the helm of the Golden Gophers where he should be looking to use the 34-10 victory against Georgia Tech in the Quick Lane Bowl as a launching pad.

The Golden Gophers went 3-6 in Big 10 play, but secured one-sided wins against Purdue and at Wisconsin. While this is a Power 5 game for the Eagles, it’s a winnable game. Fleck is still building a program and there’s a lot of youth scattered around the field.

Player to watch: Senior wide receiver Tyler Johnson

Johnson was named to the All-Big Ten team after a 1,179 yard season. Johnson had 12 touchdowns in 2018, averaging 90 receiving yards per game. He has the size and speed at 6-foot-2, 200 pounds. Starting quarterback Tanner Morgan and Johnson should be able to link up several times.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/geo...rn-eagles-2019-season-lsu-minnesota-sec-big10

Go Gophers!!

After Jerry Kill's program took hold, it seems as though the Gophers have been pretty tough in the non-conference schedule and currently have a winning streak in non-con games to prove that.

As we often say, national (and opposition) "takes" on the Gophers are often either lazy or just fall in line with general perceptions, not taking specific current circumstances into account.

So, it seems the Gophers always appear as a "winnable game" to hungry non power-5 opponents and their media.

After Jerry Kill's program took hold, it seems as though the Gophers have been pretty tough in the non-conference schedule and currently have a winning streak in non-con games to prove that.

As we often say, national (and opposition) "takes" on the Gophers are often either lazy or just fall in line with general perceptions, not taking specific current circumstances into account.

So, it seems the Gophers always appear as a "winnable game" to hungry non power-5 opponents and their media.

Let them be hungry, but don't let them eat! :D

'P.J.' Fleck 2018 7-6 , 2017 5-7

Tracy Claeys 2016 9-4 , 2015, 2-4

QUESTION - Did Head Coach Claeys leave or was he released. Seemed like he made great progress from2015 - 2016

QUESTION - Did Head Coach Claeys leave or was he released. Seemed like he made great progress from2015 - 2016

Why did you post this exact same question in 2 threads?

Let them be hungry, but don't let them eat! :D

I hope you beat your other 2 OOC opponents and do a great job in your conference.

As for the GSU Eagles, they are hungry and want to feast on P5 upper grade A Gopher. - (The other gray meat.:cool:

Because the GSU vs Gopher thread, that I posted a while back, has run out of steam. I didn't know if I would get an answer on that thread.

He was let go at the end of the 2016 season. There was a scandal under his watch. Many of us think that he was doomed because the new AD (Did not hire him) wanted his own guy and used the scandal to make it happen. While the jury is still out regarding his head coaching abilities, most would agree that he was/ is a very good DC.

He was let go at the end of the 2016 season. There was a scandal under his watch. Many of us think that he was doomed because the new AD (Did not hire him) wanted his own guy and used the scandal to make it happen. While the jury is still out regarding his head coaching abilities, most would agree that he was/ is a very good DC.

Thanks again STP!

Sorry to hear that. I hope your current Head Coach does well.

Thanks again STP!

Sorry to hear that. I hope your current Head Coach does well.

I think he will. The thing Fleck has going for him is the AD knows that he needs Fleck to succeed. I believe Coach Fleck will get the support he needs.

I don't fault the AD for his choice. Just how he went about it. The AD would have been much better just saying he wanted the program to go in a different direction.

I think he will. The thing Fleck has going for him is the AD knows that he needs Fleck to succeed. I believe Coach Fleck will get the support he needs.

I don't fault the AD for his choice. Just how he went about it. The AD would have been much better just saying he wanted the program to go in a different direction.

Give Coyle a break. Honesty is hard.

Top Bottom