Rosen and Grimm with Fleck on KFAN

swingman

Reaction score
Fleck did an hour with Rosie and Grimm on KFAN on Thursday.

Fleck loves the big market media exposure of the Twin Cities...

players are mastering things, getting really, really good at things...Bowl practices helped a lot...

lot of connectivity among the team...lot of love, which he defines as sacrifice...players starting to be more similar, matching his personality...failing is growth...Ball is program...

team won four of five to finish year...did things not done in last 15-30 years...

culture is unique, very different, very positive...emphasizes academic, athletic, social, spiritual...30 minute team meetings every day not about football...joy is in the journey...most games not won, but lost...situational football...

way more mature team...players have taken over the team...great teams players lead...

year one dig, year two foundation, year three framework...

end of year performance was validation for program...can say: look it works...confidence...here we go!...

great to have Brooks, Smith, Winfield back...experienced...Rodney could play, Winfield could play...being careful...

Coughlin and Rodney captains of one side for Spring game...Tyler and Shannon for other..

.Annexstad and Morgan battling...Frosh QBs not where they need to be or want to be...

Tyler better, bigger, faster, stronger, better physicality, will help with balls in traffic, shielding against defenders...better leader

Bateman added 12 pounds of muscle...wonderful spring playing every position

AutmanBell Prbly one of best springs among WRs...doing everything he can to be number 3 wr

Douglas also doing everything he can...made a ton of plays this spring

Harry Van Dyne and Clay Geary have had great off seasons...Gibson fighting for spot...most depth at wr

Oline is start of something really special here...have to change no oline guys drafted...might be two more years if guys leave early or three years...need nfl caliber olinemen...at point where we can say we like these 8 or these nine...Faalele is right tackle....Olson center or guard...Schmitz maybe center....Dunlap rg or lg or tackle...Schlueter guard or tackle...Andries guard or tackle...

next year 2nd youngest team...

s and c coach may be best in country....turned down numerous opportunities for other jobs...wants to see this through....

Last edited:

This caught my eyes. Bateman added 12 pounds of muscle...wonderful spring playing every position

It will be interesting to see if Bateman lines up in the slot. He has the speed to do some damage. Would be interesting to see a play where Bateman is in the slot, Johnson and Seth Green on the edges, and Breven Spann-Ford at TE. That would be one big receiving corp.

I haven't gained 12 lbs of muscle in my life.

You can almost sense that winning attitude permeating throughout the entire football program top to bottom. Kids are buying in and are becoming leaders and believers.

What a difference between now and 2010. This team has come a long ways.

Great interview until he had to go to the “2nd youngest team” thing again. WTH? He almost had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the write-up Swingman. And thank you for not listing how many years the players have been in the program. I know it's not easy for you when PJ says how young they are. Your effort is noted and appreciated.

Thank you for the write-up Swingman. And thank you for not listing how many years the players have been in the program. I know it's not easy for you when PJ says how young they are. Your effort is noted and appreciated.

He is a troll

Holy cow!

2nd youngest in the nation?
How is that possible?

Can someone do the math on this.
It's about 4 1/2 months until the next meaningful down and I'd like to be prepared by then to defend whatever it is PJ is saying when the Minnesota media starts to do hour long shows on how annoyed they are by youth on a football team.

Couldn't get through the first page of posts without people having a problem with a statement that swingman made regarding the interview. Amazing how bent people get out of shape over 2nd youngest team etc. Let it go. Bothers you? Put a bag over your head for a while.

Couldn't get through the first page of posts without people having a problem with a statement that swingman made regarding the interview. Amazing how bent people get out of shape over 2nd youngest team etc. Let it go. Bothers you? Put a bag over your head for a while.

Couldn’t get through 10 posts without someone having a problem with other posters. Amazing how bent people get out of shape over a differing opinion. Let it go. Bothers you? Put a bag over your head for a while.

Am I suppose to use a paper bag or plastic bag? Asking for a friend....

Dam, our passing game should be downright explosive.

Bateman with 12 more pounds, Johnson looking for a pro contract, all the youngsters one year older. STP basically saying the same thing above.

I can't wait.

Great interview until he had to go to the “2nd youngest team” thing again. WTH? He almost had it.

So close....PJ unwittingly indicting his own youth and inexperience every time he brings it up. Third year is the frame, fourth year is roof, Gigabit internet, and Netflix. Gotta believe some part of the team is going to be the top 5 in youth every year.

So close....PJ unwittingly indicting his own youth and inexperience every time he brings it up. Third year is the frame, fourth year is roof, Gigabit internet, and Netflix. Gotta believe some part of the team is going to be the top 5 in youth every year.

If you don’t count special teams, count walk-ons twice, and only include DBs that don’t start then we are 2nd youngest. It’s simple math.

Thanks for the recap, I liked hearing that VanDyne has had a good Spring as he's been one of the quieter prospects in the program to date. I know PJ is the king of hyperbole, but I hope the S&C coach is top 20 in the country. That's one area where we've seemingly struggled as long as I've been following the program. Our lineman on both sides of the ball have never really matched up well from a physical standpoint with B1G competition. To be blunt our Oline has looked like they somehow carried more bad weight, yet still looked physically smaller than an Iowa or Wisconsin lineman. At the skill positions, we've had some outliers who were fantastic athletes (Carter, Middlebrooks, Maroney, Decker, Myrick etc) but our team speed as a whole has probably been below average most years as well. It certainly looks and feels like those things are changing, but I am not ready to make any declarative statements yet.

Is the fifth year solar panels or landscaping? [emoji41]

The usual suspects once again with the what PJ said routine.

Actually, swingding IS a troll. He is on multiple forums on which he puts the exact same threads.

Just watched the Wisconsin game and Georgia tech games replays on btn. Still feels good. Optimism for next year is amazing - so many weapons on offense. Improved wr, multiple proven running backs, an o-line that’s huge and should be better - experienced qb’s (3 of them!) compared to how we were going into last year so many knowns vs all the unknowns last year. Defense has more question this year, but still has a bunch of players coming back - db’s should be good, linebackers OK and d-line a question mark. the offense will make the defense better, by controlling clock and out scoring opponents. How long til first game?

Just watched the Wisconsin game and Georgia tech games replays on btn. Still feels good. Optimism for next year is amazing - so many weapons on offense. Improved wr, multiple proven running backs, an o-line that’s huge and should be better - experienced qb’s (3 of them!) compared to how we were going into last year so many knowns vs all the unknowns last year. Defense has more question this year, but still has a bunch of players coming back - db’s should be good, linebackers OK and d-line a question mark. the offense will make the defense better, by controlling clock and out scoring opponents. How long til first game?

Hear Hear!! Good post!

Dam, our passing game should be downright explosive.

Bateman with 12 more pounds, Johnson looking for a pro contract, all the youngsters one year older. STP basically saying the same thing above.

I can't wait.

Wait, a post about the actual thread and not the typical BS based on one line from the original post that has filled up 2 pages already and will almost certainly fill up 20 more before the usual suspects get tired of bickering with each other for the 5000th time about the same stuff......

it is truly amazing how far our WR corps has come in just a few years. I can recall writing many posts about the black hole that was our WR position. Now we sit here with a legit star in Johnson, a star in the making in Bateman, and multiple other players that all look like they can be above average options for us (CAB, Douglas).

This offense has all the pieces to be something really special. That terrifies a bunch of posters in here that are afraid to show any optimism of any kind towards what is going on with the program. But IF, and it is always a big IF in football, IF we can stay healthy on offense there is really no reason why this shouldn't be one of the top units in the Big Ten. Stacked at RB and WR, solid QB play from young guys that should just keep getting better, and an O-Line that looks to have some high end players on it.

I could not be more excited to see what this offense is capable of doing with all the weapons we have. Johnson coming back was the key ingredient we needed to put things over the top. If the O-Line can give Morgan or Annexstad time to breathe look out.

If teams load up to stop the run you kill them through the air, if they fall back to contain the receivers you hand off to 1 of 3 guys that has proven they can be a really good RB when given the opportunity.

All Rossi has to do is keep the defense playing the way they did over the last 4 games of the season, they don't have to be dominant on that side of the ball just keep other teams in check enough to let the offense go to work. Of course the potential is also there for the defense to be really solid with a lot of experienced players coming back.

I won't go so far as to predict a Big Ten title but we absolutely should be in the mix for the West this year.

One thing for sure: do long as Fleck is the coach, this team will never lack for talking the talk.

Now, can they back up that fantastic finish last season by walking the walk??

Top Bottom