Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Christmas-Kelly is also a guaranteed contract.

Bell was pretty chatty in this interview, which had good questions and she had great answers.

Interesting to note that Sheryl is having her change up her shot a little bit. I wonder if the Lynx’s Noah electronic shooting feedback system https://www.noahbasketball.com/products http://m.startribune.com/shooting-fo...shot/491123031 is helping with that. The Gophers will have that practice system next year, courtesy the Fast Break Club (thank you FBC!)

For those of you who like to support your former Gopher players but don’t keep close tabs on the Lynx, tomorrow nite (Fri May 10) at 7 pm is your chance to see Keke Bell playing in a Lynx uniform. Be there or be square.

Preseason Game 1: Keke Bell ices 2 free throws with 10 seconds left to protect the win, putting the Mystics behind by two scores.

She received a ton of applause from Gopher fans when she checked in with about 2 minutes left.

She penetrated the paint several times, and showed good basketball IQ. Sheryl went with all subs to close out the game after Fowles went in for a stint to help re-secure the lead.

I kinda feel sorry for Sheryl Reeve since she’s blessed with the riches of so many good players in camp that I don’t know how she’s gonna decide who she’s gotta cut (unless maybe she flips coins). Among the other rookies, most were playing quite well, and Jess Shepard impressed a lot with her hustle.

Blog Entries

She has a good-bad problem. IIRC, they cut a very good player go to Seattle that one year that came to haunt them with Brunson's knee problems. I don't remember the player's name.

It will be nice to have Keke Bell make the cut, but she is facing an uphill battle with many good players.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

The player they traded to Seattle was Natasha Howard and she has been a top tier player for them. Brunson sounds unlikely to return given she is having post concussive symptoms. Really hope Bell makes the cut.

Kenisha Bell #16 of the Minnesota Lynx drives to the basket (no surprise there, except she passed instead of shot) against the Washington Mystics on May 10 at the Target Center.

See picture at https://lynx.wnba.com/photos/gallery...preseason-game image 23/25 so backspace 3 in the set of Getty images.

Dillard was picked up by the Sparks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    We got Odyssey Sims from the Sparks, I believe, and the Sparks hadn’t used her much for her shooting, as of late. But Reeve wants Sims to shoot.

https://lynx.wnba.com/news/the-lynxs...s-unstoppable/

And Reeve thinks Sims is a good contrast and fit with D-Rob.

Anyway, it’s as if we traded Dillard for Sims. That gives the Sparks some extra shooting, as Dillard is good from deep. With Cheney joining her sister, Sparks might be good this year in spite of injury to Candace Parker in preseason game. The Lynx/Sparks rivalry will continue.

Thats cool, she gets to practice with them for a week or so before they cut her too.

Quote Originally Posted by whalenfan View Post
    Thats cool, she gets to practice with them for a week or so before they cut her too.
    Hating on Dillard? What’s the motivation?

Hating on Dillard? What’s the motivation?
    Wasnt any hate, just the truth.

Blog Entries

Watching Keke over the last two seasons I can see where she has potential to develop as a good WNBA player.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by whalenfan View Post
    Wasnt any hate, just the truth.
    Don’t just jump to the conclusion that Dillard won’t make the cut on the Sparks. She’s a good guard, and honestly I wish (in some fantasy world) that the Lynx could have kept and developed both Bell and Dillard - but that was not possible.

Nevertheless, both Cierra and Kenisha probably still have their work cut out for them to make their respective rosters (albeit Bell’s odds of being a Lynx just went up with Dillard moving to LA). New Sparks coach Derek Fisher maybe has some looming roster decisions that are about as tough as Cheryl Reeve’s. After two cuts the same day Dillard joined their training camp, here’s the 16 players (4 must be cut) remaining on the Sparks roster:

Kalani Brown C
    Rachel Holivay C
    Candace Parker C/F
    Cheney Ogwumike C/F
    Jantel Lavender C/F (returning after intl play)
    Maria Vadeeva C/F
    Nneke Ogwumike F
    Ashley Walker F
    Tierra Ruffin-Pratt F/G
    Alana Beard F/G
    Chelsea Grey G (returning after intl play)
    Karlie Samuelson G
    Sydney Wiese G
    Marina Mabrey G
    Alexis Jones G
    Cierra Dillard G

They are Center and Center/Forward heavy which they partly need with the Parker injury). Of course they want to keep Kalani Brown who was instrumental in the NCAA win. (Her 6’7” presence is important with inflation in WNBA Center heights - even if she rebounded at a rate far below Taiye Bello - who averaged 12.3 rebounds/game (8th place) to Brown’s 8.2 rebounds/game (119th place).) So who is poor Derek going to cut at the C position?

Yet the Sparks still have 6 guards on their roster (not to mention two combo F/Gs), and I can’t think of a single one of them I’d want to cut.