BREAKING: Spring Game moved Indoors!

Yes, received an e-mail on that. They really didn't have much choice. Would have been a sloppy mess at TCF, sloppy game at a time when they need to do a good evaluation of the players due to the turf being super wet.

Crap happens, however I support this move even though I can't attend now.

ietacwe.gif

The Vikings facility big enough to put bleachers in? know ours is to small to fit them in on the sidelines

40 degrees and cloudy is too rough for football these days. I know there is a soccer game that isn’t getting cancelled. Brutal decision.

Last edited:

Yes, received an e-mail on that. They really didn't have much choice. Would have been a sloppy mess at TCF, sloppy game at a time when they need to do a good evaluation of the players due to the turf being super wet.

Crap happens, however I support this move even though I can't attend now.

They should put in artificial grass and heating coils.

They really didn't have much choice. Would have been a sloppy mess at TCF, sloppy game at a time when they need to do a good evaluation of the players due to the turf being super wet.

Absolutely correct.

Tough to believe there are any fans who don’t understand this. Maybe a troll or two.

Just a bad luck scenario.

Spring practice use to start a week later with the Spring Game then being a week later. Why they moved it up is beyond me given the fact that we could have weather like this.

people won't be watching in person, but it will be on TV.

So, just like a regular-season game.

Spring practice use to start a week later with the Spring Game then being a week later. Why they moved it up is beyond me given the fact that we could have weather like this.

So players can be done with spring ball and focus on passing their classes and studying for finals??? Huh, imagine that.

Absolutely correct.

Tough to believe there are any fans who don’t understand this. Maybe a troll or two.

Just a bad luck scenario.

Of course everyone is a troll who disagrees with you. Must be nice to be a know it all.

Last year’s Purdue and NW games should have been moved inside too. The Athletes Village probably could have had enough room for those “crowds”.

They should move the spring game to Florida.

The difference 500 miles make: Nebraska spring game, 50 degrees and sunny, 90,000 in attendance; Gopher spring game, indoors because of weather, closed to the public.

Was personally considering whether to attend in person or not. Already had ruled out tailgate because didn't know the conditions of the lot on gameday.

As luck will probably have it Saturday will itself not be bad. Whether TCF still has significant snow in the stands...won't know till Saturday. That is a concern for visitor safety reasons.

Still disappointing but not surprising. Maybe GSUsTALON can watch on BTN2Go too...with the rest of us.

The Vikings facility big enough to put bleachers in? know ours is to small to fit them in on the sidelines

The viking indoor practice area is smaller than ours, not by much, but they have no room past the endzone and are definitely tighter down one of the sidelines.

The difference 500 miles [and no pro sports teams make]: Nebraska spring game, 50 degrees and sunny, 90,000 in attendance; Gopher spring game, indoors because of weather, closed to the public.

FIFY. To be fair, Nebraska filled their entire stadium with people, charged them admission, lined up to kick off, then canceled their home opener this season.

This is because Lincoln is in a godawful storm belt that made me spend every summer Tuesday evening of my early childhood hiding in the basement.

FIFY. To be fair, Nebraska filled their entire stadium with people, charged them admission, lined up to kick off, then canceled their home opener this season.

This is because Lincoln is in a godawful storm belt that made me spend every summer Tuesday evening of my early childhood hiding in the basement.

The storms only hit on Tuesdays? Weird!

The difference 500 miles make: Nebraska spring game, 50 degrees and sunny, 90,000 in attendance; Gopher spring game, indoors because of weather, closed to the public.

Why do you talk about Nebraska so much on a Gophers message board?

They could probably clear the field and have it ready, but the stands would have snow on the seats, etc.

It's just not worth the bother.

They could probably clear the field and have it ready, but the stands would have snow on the seats, etc.

It's just not worth the bother.

Meanwhile, the Twins and United will be playing outdoors.

Top Bottom