BREAKING: Spring Game moved Indoors!

And Nebraska is having someone YODEL THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.

I don't know what exactly that means but I just wanted to get in on this line of thinking!

I'm been thinking more on this too. Soccer sucks balls, so how is that even part of the conversation.

Last edited:

Most of the seats at Allianz are covered and the field is heated.

The Twins are probably paying a service to come in and clear the stands.

The field isn't the reason the game is being moved, it's the stands.

Yes, let's go all out and spend what it takes for a glorified practice.

Football players are the real pansies! Sad day when soccer players are tougher than some football players!

Football players are the real pansies! Sad day when soccer players are tougher than some football players!

If they are tougher, let's put them on the schedule.

Soccer nerds against the team that pounded Wisconsin.

Should be a close game!

Should be a close game!

Doubt the gophers would even show up due to the snow.

Should be a close game!

Someone is taking having the ****tiest stadium in the metro hard.

40 degrees and cloudy is too rough for football these days. I know there is a soccer game that isn’t getting cancelled. Brutal decision.

You couldn't be more wrong. Say they took the time to clear the snow from the field and lower bowl seats, but the turf is still slippery because sleet and freezing rain fell. If anybody of any significance got hurt because of that, Fleck wouldn't hear the end of it from fans. Gotta think about player safety.

You can get hurt anywhere in any situation, but this avoids that possibility. It's a smart decision, though it may not be popular. Fleck will make up for it with a fan event during fall camp.

You couldn't be more wrong. Say they took the time to clear the snow from the field and lower bowl seats, but the turf is still slippery because sleet and freezing rain fell. If anybody of any significance got hurt because of that, Fleck wouldn't hear the end of it from fans. Gotta think about player safety.

You can get hurt anywhere in any situation, but this avoids that possibility. It's a smart decision, though it may not be popular. Fleck will make up for it with a fan event during fall camp.

Agree. We already have two backs that tore their ACLs.

Might as well just cancel the season. What if it rains and the players get wet?!?! Could they handle it?

Watched for forecast for this week into weekend for two weeks. Was prognosticated to be a significant rain event for Wed-Thurs up to last Sunday...then the forecast moved to significant snow and held there.

Maybe GopherWeatherGuy can explain what happened weather wise that led to what has turned out to be an accurate prediction...nasty weather for mid-April. Seems like the same moisture sources but colder enough air for some type of freezing precip than originally thought.

Moving snow is an effort. If memory serves me right they have solicited volunteers for TCF snow removal in November a couple of times...maybe the infamous Dilly Bar Dan game against tOSU several years back? I shoveled my walk earlier today and it's the "real work" type of snow...not the light fluffy stuff. Real effort to clear.

Disappointed nonetheless but we still have a game to see on TV so that's a good thing.

Another great marketing move by PJ. This way he gets the BIG network to do a show featuring the new Village.

40 degrees and cloudy is too rough for football these days. I know there is a soccer game that isn’t getting cancelled. Brutal decision.

So you think they should risk injuries on a sloppy field for a spring scrimmage that about 100 people would come to watch? They can accomplish what they want inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another great marketing move by PJ. This way he gets the BIG network to do a show featuring the new Village.
PJ can control the weather!!!!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

So you think they should risk injuries on a sloppy field for a spring scrimmage that about 100 people would come to watch? They can accomplish what they want inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you are getting somewhere now. PJ knew no one was going to come so to save face he moved it indoors!

Someone is taking having the ****tiest stadium in the metro hard.

Wasn't going either way so I'm over it! It took a couple of hours, but I'm over it.

Who won the spring game last year? I think it was the Maroons. 21-15, right? LOL

Last edited:

Should be a close game!

So you are suggesting the Gopher football team would crush the United Soccer team at a football game? Such a good point. As a soccer fan I am now questioning why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you are suggesting the Gopher football team would crush the United Soccer team at a football game? Such a good point. As a soccer fan I am now questioning why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said that due to the clown who compared this to the Twins and some soccer team still playing their games outside in the snow, because they are tougher. I'm sorry!

Are you ready for this one though........are you ready?..........The Minnesota Twins have already called off their game tomorrow night due to the snow.

This thread is pure gold.

I said that due to the clown who compared this to the Twins and some soccer team still playing their games outside in the snow, because they are tougher. I'm sorry!

Are you ready for this one though........are you ready?..........The Minnesota Twins have already called off their game tomorrow night due to the snow.

This thread is pure gold.

Did they call off their saturday game?

Psssst... You do realize I'm just joking right? Getting a rise out of you "football players are tougher than other athlete" type guys was really funny when it was clear the post was stupid sarcasm.

Psssst... You do realize I'm just joking right? Getting a rise out of you "football players are tougher than other athlete" type guys was really funny when it was clear the post was stupid sarcasm.

So who would be the tougher athletes? I can't think of many.

Humor and name some?

Twins game tomorrow night cancelled already due to snow.

Epic fail!

gopher game scheduled for saturday cancelled on wednesday due to snow that won't be falling saturday.

epic fail. lol.

So who would be the tougher athletes? I can't think of many.

Humor and name some?

Obviously soccer players and baseball players since they are playing their games outdoors saturday. duh.

no, they called it off for Friday!

Doubt the gophers would even show up due to the snow.
I hope you are being sarcastic with all of your comments. If not, just give it up. The Gophers need to evaluate the players they have in simulated game conditions and playing it indoors with the uncertain weather conditions allows them to do this.

Top Bottom