Moving to Rosemount

WilliamsArenaGuy

Reaction score
We are moving next month. I switched to YouTubeTV a year ago and cut the cord. Great decision.

Does anyone have an internet recommendation? It looks like my options are Frontier, Spectrum, and Gigabit MN. I haven't to think about this for a long time. Gigabit looks like fiber, but I don't know anything about that. Any help would be appreciated.

We are moving next month. I switched to YouTubeTV a year ago and cut the cord. Great decision.

Does anyone have an internet recommendation? It looks like my options are Frontier, Spectrum, and Gigabit MN. I haven't to think about this for a long time. Gigabit looks like fiber, but I don't know anything about that. Any help would be appreciated.

Aarghh. Awesome area. I'm in AV. Pay a boatload for Charter. But it's the only way to get everything I want. Now that we are regional fellows....maybe we can figure out the best packages.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Internet is a monopoly, so there aren't any options.

I would go with Fiber if you can. As you probably know, always do your due diligence first and see what other customers' are saying about the product. With that being said, I have had US Fiber internet for a little over two years now and it has been nothing short of great. The quality and speed of internet that you pay for trumps what Century Link and Comcast offer. In addition, I have not needed to contact customer service once since they have installed it.

Edit: I also have YouTube TV and have only had the spinning circle of deaths a few times. It was probably something to do with the YouTube TV app rather than the internet.

I would go with Fiber if you can. As you probably know, always do your due diligence first and see what other customers' are saying about the product. With that being said, I have had US Fiber internet for a little over two years now and it has been nothing short of great. The quality and speed of internet that you pay for trumps what Century Link and Comcast offer. In addition, I have not needed to contact customer service once since they have installed it.

Edit: I also have YouTube TV and have only had the spinning circle of deaths a few times. It was probably something to do with the YouTube TV app rather than the internet.

You must be mistaken. Net Neutrality was overturned, and we are now firmly in "end of the internet as we know it" territory. Any minute now. howie is sure.

You must be mistaken. Net Neutrality was overturned, and we are now firmly in "end of the internet as we know it" territory. Any minute now. howie is sure.
Get a life, loser. Quit soiling every non-political thread with your tripe.

Cannot wait to get USI Fiber in my Mpls neighborhood! Hopefully in a couple years.

If you have the opportunity to get modern (is, not DSL) internet outside a cable co or a phone co, then please by all means give those greedy ba__ards the middle finger!!

Why do you bring that to this conversation? Another GHer wanted a recommendation on internet and that is what I provided. Grow up.

Why do you bring that to this conversation? Another GHer wanted a recommendation on internet and that is what I provided. Grow up.

I'm just relaying what I was told about the internet. I think you all are mistaken about the quality of the service you are experiencing. There aren't any options, you are getting screwed, and you probably won't even have internet access in a year or so.

I'm just relaying what I was told about the internet. I think you all are mistaken about the quality of the service you are experiencing. There aren't any options, you are getting screwed, and you probably won't even have internet access in a year or so.

Man, get a life. Have a nice day, cheers.

Man, get a life. Have a nice day, cheers.

Ah, I see you've forgotten about all the breathless fear mongering over Net Neutrality from the left, and you are embracing the opportunities that capitalism has delivered to you in regard to ISPs. Enjoy, and you're welcome. I will keep fighting for you.

Youtube tv just went up 10 bucks a month. Sigh.

Meh. No one ever complained about cable TV when it was $50/month for unlimited TVs connected directly into the wall.

As long as the streaming serves go around $50/month for a good selection of channels, that works for me. My TV has Roku and WiFi built in, so it’s just about like being back in the good old days.

Thanks for the response. I cannot find much about this Gigabit fiber option. I'll keep looking, but if anyone has experience please chime in.

One question, do they need to do anything special to the house to install it? Does it use phone or cable lines?

Ah, I see you've forgotten about all the breathless fear mongering over Net Neutrality from the left, and you are embracing the opportunities that capitalism has delivered to you in regard to ISPs. Enjoy, and you're welcome. I will keep fighting for you.

WTF is wrong with you? The guy just wants his questions answered and you over and over post stupid political posts. Time for you to take a break.

WilliamsArenaGuy hope the move goes smooth. I unfortunately use comcast so I'm no help for you.

Thanks for the response. I cannot find much about this Gigabit fiber option. I'll keep looking, but if anyone has experience please chime in.

One question, do they need to do anything special to the house to install it? Does it use phone or cable lines?

It’ll need some kind of line from a box somewhere in the neighborhood. I don’t think that’s anything more special than phone or cable.

Looks like a very similar service as USI Fiber, for folks out in parts of Dakota county.

https://www.gigabitmn.com/

I can almost guarantee this is a far, far superior option to cable or phone company internet.

WTF is wrong with you? The guy just wants his questions answered and you over and over post stupid political posts. Time for you to take a break.

WilliamsArenaGuy hope the move goes smooth. I unfortunately use comcast so I'm no help for you.

nothing is wrong with me. WAG is getting his questions answered and is correctly ignoring me. And I'm educating some young lefties on the board. Win win.

nothing is wrong with me. WAG is getting his questions answered and is correctly ignoring me. And I'm educating some young lefties on the board. Win win.

Seriously dude you need a break. You are reaching Research status on this thread.... that's a scary place.

I’m only ignoring you because I don’t live on this board like you. I’m highly annoyed and appreciate the comments of others telling you to GTFO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

images

Tough cookie snowflake.
Says the snowflake who can't stand the heat, so he blocks people who challenge him. The same one who has one inane exchange on this board after the next. Hey, S2, how about another rip on Howie!! It's so interesting! Call him a HACK!

Tough cookie snowflake.

Dude seriously take the hint and move on. You are making yourself look stupid. Someone should be able to ask a question without some dumb@ss like you spamming the thread with political BS. If you were half as decent as you claim to be you would actually apologize to WAG and then stop posting here. Seriously WTF is wrong with you?

Says the snowflake who can't stand the heat, so he blocks people who challenge him. The same one who has one inane exchange on this board after the next. Hey, S2, how about another rip on Howie!! It's so interesting! Call him a HACK!

Is he still carrying on with that? In addition to letting his racist and bigot flags fly he became nothing but a troll. Sad.

Dude seriously take the hint and move on. You are making yourself look stupid. Someone should be able to ask a question without some dumb@ss like you spamming the thread with political BS. If you were half as decent as you claim to be you would actually apologize to WAG and then stop posting here. Seriously WTF is wrong with you?

I think you are taking this a little too seriously, it's not a big deal.

Is he still carrying on with that? In addition to letting his racist and bigot flags fly he became nothing but a troll. Sad.

Like you don't know. You respond to all my posts by replying to someone else. Your effort to ignore me is a massive fail.

I think you are taking this a little too seriously, it's not a big deal.

I think you should grow up and take it more seriously. You are clearly in the wrong here. Everyone can see it but you.

Top Bottom