Richard Pitino Blog - Post Season

GopherLady

Reaction score
Richard on Richard: Richard Pitino - Too many offensive issues in the Big Ten. I have to do a better job of generating easier baskets for our guys. I still kick myself for our zone offense attack at Boston College and Maryland at home. I didn't have them well enough prepared. I hated the play I ran for Murph down the stretch out of a timeout at Nebraska. I put him in a bad spot.

Richard on Amir: Amir Coffey - I fully support his decision to test the NBA waters and go through the process of trying to get drafted. It's 100 percent the smart thing to do. Was remarkably durable down the stretch. Fought me when I wanted to take him out. I love that.

Richard on Jarvis: Leader!!! Such a great teammate. His role will increase next season. Only positive to that Michigan State game was Jarvis's play when Murph went down. Huge offseason ahead.

Full blog -> https://gophersports.com/news/2019/4/10/mens-basketball-pitino-blog-post-season.aspx

How do you not like a coach that is able to say things like that and own his issues? With that attitude- he will only get better!

I'm glad he hated that play call at Nebraska.

Is it possible he didn't say anything because he has only given a verbal commit, while Tre is signed?

Is it possible he didn't say anything because he has only given a verbal commit, while Tre is signed?

That's exactly it. Can't talk about players until they sign. I liked the blog myself. I've liked his public pronouncements. I agree with the substance of what he says here too. Coffey is the key to next year. But Pitino better be out on the road recruiting from now until practice starts again.

Great Blog! Loved reading it!

he is a very likable dude.

Go Gophers!!

“Hunt Conroy - Want him to put on 20 pounds of muscle in the offseason. All biceps and traps.”

Classic

Correct. Can only discuss recruits that have signed a LOI.

Only thing I would have liked to see was mention of Jarvis Johnson, as he went through Senior Night and was with the team all 4 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Excellent read. Congrats to Coach Pitino for an excellent season. 2 out of last 3 seasons in the tournament with a tourney win and coy award. (Likely much better if not for the crazy run of injuries in two of the seasons.) Next season cant get here quick enough!

Michael Hurt is part of the plan for next year. You would think blog would read "probably transferring to wherever his brother decides to play."

Thanks for the link. Yes, Pitino made it clear there were still areas of concern, as well as reason to be hopeful.

JTG
Was crystal clear what he had to do to earn playing time. Simply didn't improve during the offseason. Curious to know how much film he watched because he was making the same mistakes during his sophomore year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So refreshing to see a coach be honest with the fans and his players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was crystal clear what he had to do to earn playing time. Simply didn't improve during the offseason. Curious to know how much film he watched because he was making the same mistakes during his sophomore year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

i always thought his biggest issue was not understanding the length of the teams he was playing against

Top Bottom