Former Gopher Davonte Fitzgerald averaged 11.3 ppg and 5.2 rpg this sesaon

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I had forgotten that Fitz was a grad transfer at Stephen F Austin.

This season he averaged 11.3 points, 5.2 rebounds and most importantly it looks like he stayed healthy which is great to see.

He had a season high 32 points vs La Tech.

https://sfajacks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2200

Go Gophers!!

I wonder if he got significantly better while finally being healthy or if it is more of a reflection of the level of competition.

I wonder if he got significantly better while finally being healthy or if it is more of a reflection of the level of competition.

Probably some of both. I think as fans we are overly optomisitc about the time it takes to come back at all and how long it takes get back to 100%. Glad he had a successful season down there. he deserved it with all he went through.

Happy for him. Nice to finish out your career on a high note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously the level of competition is going to play a role in his stats.

Just glad he was finally able to stay healthy and play. Had to be a super frustrating couple years where he just couldn't stay on the court for any length of time. Curry is in a very similar boat at this point.

St. Johns is a really tough job, IMO. I think they likely have an inflated sense of how good their program really is.

That said, Pitino is in a difficult spot. It's feeling like he bought himself a season. If we don't have Amir next year, and recruiting doesn't pick up, it's hard to imagine his seat not being scolding.

Can you blame him if he starts looking for his next landing spot?

St. Johns is a really tough job, IMO. I think they likely have an inflated sense of how good their program really is.

That said, Pitino is in a difficult spot. It's feeling like he bought himself a season. If we don't have Amir next year, and recruiting doesn't pick up, it's hard to imagine his seat not being scolding.

Can you blame him if he starts looking for his next landing spot?
What does this have to do with Fitz? Did you post in the wrong spot?

Top Bottom