Not One Shining Moment

MennoSota

Reaction score
WTF. Final Four in Minnesota and CBS can't show one clip of the Gophers winning. Instead we get 25 clips of Zion f&cking Williamson. [emoji36][emoji35][emoji34][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

I thought CBS did a generally horrible job covering the tourney. Talking head personalities did a good job. But it was the supposedly non opinion guys like Jim Nance who converted the tourney cheerleader style

There was a brief overhead shot of the Gophers-Louisville game at “the ball is tipped” part.

WTF. Final Four in Minnesota and CBS can't show one clip of the Gophers winning. Instead we get 25 clips of Zion f&cking Williamson. [emoji36][emoji35][emoji34][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

I'm pretty sure I saw the top of Daniel Oturu's head when the lyric "the ball is tipped" was sung. But still, no air guitar?? Zion exits through the tunnel, I'm surprised they didn't just cut footage at that moment.

What CBS really wanted to air:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It is probably the worst one in awhile. Zion had more time than some of the final 4 teams.

Zionists!!

I thought the broadcast team of Nance, Hill and Raftery were generally insufferable. I couldn't stand their dull banter and laughing at each others' and their own witless joking. Once in a while you got a nugget of insightful analysis, but it wasn't much.

Zionists!!

I thought the broadcast team of Nance, Hill and Raftery were generally insufferable. I couldn't stand their dull banter and laughing at each others' and their own witless joking. Once in a while you got a nugget of insightful analysis, but it wasn't much.

Rafferty is still the man.

Next up for us...
... March 25/27, 2021 University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Midwest Regional Minneapolis, MN Target Center

I was disappointed .. stayed up an extra 30 minutes

Next up for us...
... March 25/27, 2021 University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Midwest Regional Minneapolis, MN Target Center

I miss the regionals at large venues.
I thought it was great having 30-50k for regionals.

I looked up the One Shining Moment from 1997 after and other than one glimpse of Goldy at 0:11 and Kentucky getting a highlight with Gophers as bystanders at 1:55 there's not a hint that the Gophers even made the tournament. As a 1 seed and Final Four team. There's at least 5 shots of Chattanooga that I count in it, and all the other Final Four teams (UCLA, Arizona, Kentucky) had several shots.

They pick out the stories they want to feature and the Gophers didn't hang around long enough to create any. Maybe if Pitino had flipped the bird to the Bird after the Lville game we would have gotten representation :)

I looked up the One Shining Moment from 1997 after and other than one glimpse of Goldy at 0:11 and Kentucky getting a highlight with Gophers as bystanders at 1:55 there's not a hint that the Gophers even made the tournament. As a 1 seed and Final Four team. There's at least 5 shots of Chattanooga that I count in it, and all the other Final Four teams (UCLA, Arizona, Kentucky) had several shots.

They pick out the stories they want to feature and the Gophers didn't hang around long enough to create any. Maybe if Pitino had flipped the bird to the Bird after the Lville game we would have gotten representation :)

Maybe the NCAA made YouTube edit us out....:cool:

Top Bottom