All Things Big Ten NBA Draft Early Entrants

Insightful and interesting thread. Thanks for setting it up OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luka Garza won't go through draft process

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gophers’ Marcus Carr declares

This is the equivalent of Purdue’s Nojel Eastern declaring last year. Don’t lose any sleep over Carr taking advantage of this process, he’ll be back.

Next year it will be oturu declaring

Next year it will be oturu declaring

Yep....and perhaps getting picked. That's why I am so happy we got a high potential kid like Freeman coming in to back him up.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is getting out-of-hand. Yes, he was a good freshman and he may possibly be an NBA player someday but he's not on any radar right now. They may need to tighten up these requirements a bit.

This is getting out-of-hand. Yes, he was a good freshman and he may possibly be an NBA player someday but he's not on any radar right now. They may need to tighten up these requirements a bit.

What makes him worse than Kevin Huerter? I don't really see how he can improve his stock, whatever it is, by coming back.

Last edited:

What makes him worse than Kevin Huerter? I don't really see how he can improve his stock, whatever it is, by coming back.

Well, you have a point. Huerter probably is a very good comparable although he didn't go until after his sophomore season. Weisskamp probably had a bit better of a freshman season that Huerter.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure why 150 to 200 early entry players (I'm just imagining what the numbers could be) should be able to avoid making a decision until late June when, realistically, there are only draft spots for about 50 of them.

Well, you have a point. Huerter probably is a very good comparable although he didn't go until after his sophomore season. Weisskamp probably had a bit better of a freshman season that Huerter.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure why 150 to 200 early entry players (I'm just imagining what the numbers could be) should be able to avoid making a decision until late June when, realistically, there are only draft spots for about 50 of them.

If they aren't invited to the NBA combine in early May they only have until May 29th to decide, only about 60 are invited.

Maybe not the place, but I'll ask here. What does "testing the waters" really mean? Who is actually giving them feedback? With only a limited number of guys getting invited to the combine, there will be a boatload who don't. Does the NBA have some service that does film review and let the guys know they are not ready? Does this happen in person? Hard for me to believe there are enough evaluators to give every college player or otherwise a thorough review. While they have reduced the risk for a player declaring early, whoever is doing this has committed to a pile of work, which leads me to believe it might not be very thorough for a lot of guys.

I agree that Huerter was a dark horse and improved his draft stock drastically by going through the process, getting feedback, etc. However any Freshman can improve their draft stock? (Minus the Zion's, RJ's, of course). It's called improving, becoming a more polished player with less weaknesses. I'm assuming that's how anyone improves their draft stock.

Matthews staying in draft, Michigan career over

Big news for Illini

Ayo Dosunmu announces he’ll return to Illinois for sophomore season.

MSU's Nick Ward declares

The MSU press release indicates Ward intends to end his college career.

Last edited:

Cassius Winston will return to MSU

Means Spartans remain clear favorite in the Big Ten.

Coffey comes in at #77 prospect

I have added top-100 ranking of draft prospects (via Sports Illustrated).

Apparently he didn't see eye to eye with Beilein (I guess his dad tweeted some stuff about his role / usage too...)

Shocking that a parent and a coach would disagree. How anyone could gripe about Beilein and the success he has had is really beyond me.

So far Carsen Edwards, Romeo Langford, and Isaiah Roby have been invited to the NBA combine. Any others from the Big Ten that I missed?

Last edited:

Add Michigan's Iggy and Poole to the combine list

Both have received combine invites. The number of invites left is dwindling, think we're at about 45-50 of 60?

Still no Amir.

Ethan Happ did NOT get an invite. Slim chance Coffey is going to get one then.

Shocking that a parent and a coach would disagree. How anyone could gripe about Beilein and the success he has had is really beyond me.
Unfortunately for some it's about how you win more than it is about winning

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom