Richard Pitino receives a two year extension

Pitino has to take some responsibility, but he was put in a very tough spot since he had such little time to put together his first class and Tubby left him with an outrageously bad freshman/sophomore class. Most teams largely depend on upperclassmen. Pitino's 3rd year team couldn't because of what Tubby left him with.

and this was why I was okay with Tubby getting replaced after an NCAA tourney win. The future was not looking good, and it was easy to conclude that Tubby was starting to mail it in

and this was why I was okay with Tubby getting replaced after an NCAA tourney win. The future was not looking good, and it was easy to conclude that Tubby was starting to mail it in

People who know more than I do say Tubby had a piss poor staff as well, and that hurt him as much as anything. I'm not sure who accompanied him to Tech, maybe Espisito and Saul. Not all them did, though, which says something.

People who know more than I do say Tubby had a piss poor staff as well, and that hurt him as much as anything. I'm not sure who accompanied him to Tech, maybe Espisito and Saul. Not all them did, though, which says something.

That would make a lot of sense. Tubby was maybe too loyal

That roster still had Nate Mason, Joey King, Jordan Murphy and Dupree McBreyer. That was not 9-22 talent. They should have won at least 6-7 more games than they did. It was not a well coached season.

You do realize that Nate, Dorsey and McBreyer were suspended for a part of the year. They were so short handed that they had to play a walk on as the starting PG and King at center until he broke his foot? They were down to 5 scholarships players! You lose all credibility by making ill informed conclusions. In some ways, it showed how well Pitino coached by how hard that team played in those games at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You do realize that Nate, Dorsey and McBreyer were suspended for a part of the year. They were so short handed that they had to play a walk on as the starting PG and King at center until he broke his foot? They were down to 5 scholarships players! You lose all credibility by making ill informed conclusions. In some ways, it showed how well Pitino coached by how hard that team played in those games at the end of the season.

I'm fine with the extension. When you think about it, who are they really going to get to come in here? It's almost always been a mediocre sports school. Some success in hockey 20+ years ago, great at football when they wore leather helmets, & what 1 or 2 conference championships in basketball, ever? Some on here sound as if we need to get back to our dominating ways or something. Point is, no one should be getting too frustrated. Just accept this school for what it is. Mediocre. If we make the bracket, or any bowl game, hey great...

Despite a lot of losses, they played a lot of really good teams close until finally breaking through and beating #6 Maryland and then demolishing Rutgers the following game. The team seemed to have turned a corner and the future was looking bright. Then Kevin Dorsey happened.

I'm fine with the extension. When you think about it, who are they really going to get to come in here? It's almost always been a mediocre sports school. Some success in hockey 20+ years ago, great at football when they wore leather helmets, & what 1 or 2 conference championships in basketball, ever? Some on here sound as if we need to get back to our dominating ways or something. Point is, no one should be getting too frustrated. Just accept this school for what it is. Mediocre. If we make the bracket, or any bowl game, hey great...

When you try lump hockey into this discussion, you look like an idiot.

Top Bottom