KFAN Korzo says Coffee will NEVER return to Minnesota

And his point guard skills need significant improving. He’s better suited to play small forward.

If Coffey is so miserable, why stay 3 years?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Scott Korzenowski was a local beat writer a few decades ago and is now a fairly prominent defense attorney in the Twin Cities. He was a regular on 1500, hosted Gopher Basketball Weekly with Spencer Tollackson on Saturday mornings and is now on KFAN. He absolutely is plugged in and knows his stuff.

A minor correction: Korzo is a franchise lawyer not a defense lawyer.

Russian hackers at it again interfering with our 2019 recruiting process.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

KFAN Korzo says Coffee will NEVER return to Minnesota

Do I have to drive to Wisconsin for my morning cup?

Mediocre programs quit, mediocre programs create excuses for losses, mediocre programs get criticized by local high profile recruits, mediocre programs finish under 500 in B1G..
We should all be troubled.....especially Coyle
Are you Korzo? I suspect you are personally in tune with mediocrity. Thanks for sharing from your own experience.

The truth really causes such defensive reactions from the University of Minnesota coolaid drinkers.....
Wow......if they would allow me to post a poll, which they won’t.....who would you rather have as coach

Pitino

Hoiberg

Musselman

Other

I bet Pitino would get a resounding 3rd place vote with other close behind

My thoughts exactly. Never heard of the bastard

Most people who follow basketball and live in the Twin Cities have....living in Maryland, I wouldn't expect that you would have heard of him. I find it interesting that some posters on here get defensive when people who most likely have some inside information say something negative about Pitino.

The truth really causes such defensive reactions from the University of Minnesota coolaid drinkers.....
Wow......if they would allow me to post a poll, which they won’t.....who would you rather have as coach

Pitino

Hoiberg

Musselman

Other

That seems like a separate issue. The point most seem to be making is that if you have already made the decision to bring him back, doing so without an extension would be foolhardy.

Oh, I don't know, probably for the same reason most people who leave a school after two or three years complete the semester: to finish the credits they started. I would think finishing the semester particularly would be encouraged by his educated parents who live in the area. If he's going to finish his degree some day, having fewer credits remaining would help.

Aggressively challenging people with stupid questions isn't much of a challenge and the challenge isn't enhanced by throwing around the word "troll."

Someone that appears infrequently and only to post negative stuff is a troll.

I will be all for this hire if he can bring Rick along as top recruiter and game coach.

Let's be honest, the next few years of this program will revolve around Gabe Kalsheur and Daniel Oturu. Having Amir Coffey for one more year will/would be great, but the core of this next team is Kalsheur and Oturu. The people we have around those two, as complementary players will determine if we play in the NCAA tourney or NIT.
There is no program where one kid wins a championship. We saw the utter debacle of Dan Monson and Kris Humphries. No thank you to any parent or kid who thinks they are above the team.
Coffey is welcome at UMN, as is Hurt, as long as they play within the scheme of Richard Pitino's system. If a person doesn't want to do that...then here's the door. Don't let it hit you in the @$$ on the way out.

Pitino

Hoiberg

Musselman

Other

What if is an old Hewlett Packard commercial...
https://youtu.be/OPpXn68yG9M

Pitino

Hoiberg

Musselman

Other

That is a flawed question though. You would find a lot of people that would trade Pitino for Musselman or Hoiberg but firing Pitino is not a guarantee that you can hire one of the other two. Pitino vs. the unknown would give much different results.

I'm most troubled by the OP having a car an an avatar. What are you, 10?

The Coffey dad believed his son was one and done(no chance)...........so it's Pitino's fault apparently (anyone close to the program knows this)

The Hurt dad believed his older boy was going to tear it up here(should be at Winona State)(anyone close to the program knows this)............that's Pitino's fault apparently.

I'm actually excited to get these two dads out of the mix. They are starting to bore the schit out of people.

By the way, Coffey had the ball in his hands all season. What the hell more could he want?

I don’t often agree with goldteam. But this is spot on.

What does this have to do with the post? It's mediocre that Coffey allegedly hates Pitino? Or it's mediocre that Pitino allegedly stopped recruiting a guy that clearly is going elsewhere?

Or has this been a mediocre attempt at trolling?

With all due respect, I'm seeing a lot of "blame the messenger" on this board when it comes to Gopher sports.

Anyone who says or reports anything that's perceived as negative is called a troll, or has an agenda.

Look, I have no inside info. Korzo could be wrong - but he could be right.

Taking a broader approach - let's say Korzo is right, and Coffey has a bad relationship with his coach. What does that say about the program? this is - or at least could be - bigger than one player. Ignoring problems does not make them go away.

bottom line - the Matthew Hurt comments, and now the Coffey story are concerning, to say the least.

Suggesting that all is not right with the program does not make you a troll or a hater. It does not mean you want the coach or the program to fail. It may mean you want the program to succeed, and you're questioning whether the program is on the right path to success.

Give it a rest with the lectures. There is a HUGE difference between reasoned criticism from someone who is a balanced contributor vs. a turd who pokes his head out only at lowpoints for the team or school and pushes negative, divisive vitriol.

And no, the Hurt comments arent the least bit believable or concerning.

Coffey played 83% of his minutes available and scored 25% of the teams points while taking 23% of the teams shots. His shooting % was third among common starters. I think he got a chance to play this year.

Yeah exactly. He was a very high usage player who was given the ball a ton and urged by the coaches to make plays and put the team on his back. Even though he was only a slightly above Big Ten-average efficiency player. What more could he want? That's why I smell BS on this "scoop". I guarantee any decent league he goes to next year (or other NCAA team) won't make him the centerpiece like he was here last year and will be next year.

He also got the chance to show off his point guard skills. Seems like a ridiculous argument if true.

Where are people getting this "he wants the ball more" argument?

In the OP he specifically stated that Coffee, allegedly, doesn't like Pitino and the style of play

In the OP he specifically stated that Coffee, allegedly, doesn't like Pitino and the style of play

What could he not like about the style of play? The pace is reasonably fast and he gets the ball a lot and runs the offense through him. I guess he could want to play off the ball? Shoot it less? That's not common, but who knows?

What could he not like about the style of play? The pace is reasonably fast and he gets the ball a lot and runs the offense through him. I guess he could want to play off the ball? Shoot it less? That's not common, but who knows?

Pitino’s half court offense is terrible, high screen dribble drive, lots of standing around, he does not recruit depth or a point guard or 3 point shooters.....other than that it’s perfect!

Coffey doesn't strike me as the type to care as long as he's getting his shots which he certainly did.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What style of play did he think he was signing up for?

Top Bottom