Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Default KFAN Korzo says Coffee will NEVER return to Minnesota

On Korzo’s program this morning he said reliable sources say Amir Coffee will NEVER return to the Gophers because he hates Pitino. hates his coaching and style of play and will never return. I asssume if he does not get drafted he can play in Europe or get a sniff in the D league. Korzo was also critical of Pitino’s handling of the Hurt recruiting. The Hurt familiy was critical of the University in that they quit recruiting him. When a Top recruit publicly criticize’s the home town university, it is a very poor relfection on the program as a whole.

Mediocrity and low expectations continue to reign at the U of M.

We stopped recruiting Hurt because he removed us from contention. This is well known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by millions2spare View Post
    On Korzo’s program this morning he said reliable sources say Amir Coffee will NEVER return to the Gophers because he hates Pitino. hates his coaching and style of play and will never return. I asssume if he does not get drafted he can play in Europe or get a sniff in the D league. Korzo was also critical of Pitino’s handling of the Hurt recruiting. The Hurt familiy was critical of the University in that they quit recruiting him. When a Top recruit publicly criticize’s the home town university, it is a very poor relfection on the program as a whole.

Nice to see troll ID's pop back up after being away forever.

So, tell us, why is he staying in classes this semester if he has no intention of returning?

If Hurt did not tell Pitino the Gophs were out then Pitino should be canned for quitting on a MN. prospect. If you miss you miss but giving up on Hurt is really poor judgement . If the Hurts told Pitino he was out...and are now backstabbing them than they are really PATHETIC

What does this have to do with the post? It's mediocre that Coffey allegedly hates Pitino? Or it's mediocre that Pitino allegedly stopped recruiting a guy that clearly is going elsewhere?

Who is Korzo?

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    Nice to see troll ID's pop back up after being away forever.

So, tell us, why is he staying in classes this semester if he has no intention of returning?
    Perhaps to get a degree?? I love how you call folks Trolls who disagree with your positive and uplifting view of Gophers athletics. You ever read the child’s story called the Emperors new cloths? might be a good read as you are clearly drinking the Gopher cool aid. This program has reached it peak under Pitino.

Quote Originally Posted by theczar View Post
    If Hurt did not tell Pitino the Gophs were out then Pitino should be canned for quitting on a MN. prospect. If you miss you miss but giving up on Hurt is really poor judgement . If the Hurts told Pitino he was out...and are now backstabbing them than they are really PATHETIC
    I just can't fathom any scenario where you stop recruiting a local 5 star recruit if you think there is even a small chance that he might come to your school. It just wouldn't make sense. Don't know the family at all but there are multiple reports of the Dad being really difficult.

The Coffey stuff is a bit more troubling. I can totally understand him testing the NBA waters but multiple people have made the claim he won't be back no matter what due in large part to his relationship with Pitino. Would be really disappointing to lose him to anything other than the NBA and will also hurt the team big time heading into next season if he is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by theczar View Post
    Why are so we obsessed with a one year Minnesota kid? This is never going to be a one and done destination. It just won't no matter how hard we try to convince ourselves otherwise. By the way, none of the four schools that played last night are one and done destinations either.

Mediocre programs quit, mediocre programs create excuses for losses, mediocre programs get criticized by local high profile recruits, mediocre programs finish under 500 in B1G..

We should all be troubled.....especially Coyle

Its funny that this radio host with "sources" all of the sudden has two takes that have both been posted on the Gopher Hole in the last two days and have clearly been highly controversial and polarizing. Coincidence?

What does it say about the player and the people in his ear if he quits the team because he “hates” the coach? The word hate, IMO, is immature and full of emotion. If he goes undrafted but doesn’t return, he should be making the decision based on how to maximize career earning potential, not based pride, emotion, or relationships.

Richard and Amir got what they wanted out of Pitino, a role at point guard. Ncaa Tournament in 2/3 years, 3/4 very possible if he returns. One year showcasing average Big Ten ball handling skills and court vision (as a point guard, not as a 6-8 wing), and now they “hate” the way he coaches? Give me a break.

Maybe it’s indictment on Pitino’s inability to command the program, but every successful local kid seems to have a huge ego when it comes to what the U provides them and when. The media feeds into it and prints rumors or complaints out of the family while coach cannot comment on recruits. Funny how you don’t hear the parents ofJordan Murphy or the other out of state players leveraging the sports media.

Pitino owes these kids and their parents exactly jack ****. If someone thinks they are above the team and need to have their egos stroked, then let them walk. Bring in guys that want to be here and coach them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off who the hell is Korzo and why does his opinion matter?

If Coffey gets drafted and moves on great. I'd love to see him back with the Gophers and lead us to another tournament but getting a guy drafted would be some good publicity for the program as well. If he is not going to be drafted I definitely believe Amir will be back. If he was gonna go play in Europe he would've already done it by now instead of sticking around and playing 3 years for a coach he supposedly "hates".

The Coffey dad believed his son was one and done(no chance)...........so it's Pitino's fault apparently (anyone close to the program knows this)

The Hurt dad believed his older boy was going to tear it up here(should be at Winona State)(anyone close to the program knows this)............that's Pitino's fault apparently.

I'm actually excited to get these two dads out of the mix. They are starting to bore the schit out of people.

By the way, Coffey had the ball in his hands all season. What the hell more could he want?
    Last edited by Goldteam; 04-07-2019 at 09:32 AM.