Shooter: Former Gopher QB Marc Trestman will coach Tampa Bay of the XFL

Can't believe another league is starting up. Gives Phillip Nelson another chance to try out his backwards pass.

<b>Can't believe another league is starting up. </b>Gives Phillip Nelson another chance to try out his backwards pass.

I have lived in my house for 15-years. There is a location a mile or so away where there have been no less than 8 different restaurants that have tried to succeed!over that time. Each and every one fails, yet another tries the same location each and every time. Similarly, no matter how many Football B-leagues try and fail there will always be someone who thinks they can do it better this time. This one is unique though as Vince doesn’t seem to have learned from his last attempt.

I predict great ratings week 1, a very steep decline, and folding within a year. I’ve seen this show before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe there is another pro football league. Failure is in its future.

Trestman is coaching at his highest level of ability.

He won three titles in the CFL and was coach of the year twice.

Looks like even his NFL record exceeds PJ’s Big Ten record.

For some reason hasn't done well in spots and not appealing to the colleges. I don't know him, nor do I know the inner workings of him to make an intelligent decision as to why he doesn't work in college.

Trestman and Mike Grant should be on the "speed dial" contact list for any NFL GM, as has been the case for the last 25 years.

The CFL is not even at the level of US college football anymore. Don’t even know what the second sentence means. Non-sequitur.

Don’t even know what the second sentence means.

Trestman has won 41% of his NFL games, Fleck has won 28% of his Big Ten games.
Not sure that really means anything related to the coaching ability of either guy, but it is a fact nonetheless.

The CFL is not even at the level of US college football anymore. Don’t even know what the second sentence means. Non-sequitur.

I think a good CFL team playing under their rules would be a fun matchup vs any college team. These are full grown men and professionals.

This should happen.

For some reason hasn't done well in spots and not appealing to the colleges. I don't know him, nor do I know the inner workings of him to make an intelligent decision as to why he doesn't work in college.

I’d guess it’s more he didn’t want to do the college thing. Some personalities gravitate to the sales BS inherent in college - recruiting and dealing with campus administrators, others just want to coach football.

Last edited:

Top Bottom