UVA. Auburn

I actually didn’t notice the double dribble in real-time. The foul I did. That’s on the defended leaving his feet and jumping into the shooter, let alone landing under him. Easy call to make and I gotta image a good ref makes that call 99% of the time.

On a side note, there was a large imbalance towards Auburn on the money line in Vegas. I'm sure it didn't factor?

I just don’t understand the controversy with that foul call. It was obvious and an easy call to make. Any good ref makes that call almost every time, regardless of circumstances.

I just don’t understand the controversy with that foul call. It was obvious and an easy call to make. Any good ref makes that call almost every time, regardless of circumstances.

Almost?

Good?

Circumstance?

Thank you for making my point.

So your point is that refs sometimes make bad calls? Um, ok.

The double dribble miss sucks, but there's plenty of pics on Twitter of Auburn's guy with a handful of jersey when that happened.

Why isn’t the foul called every time ?

Who cares, it was a easy call and it was made then. Even Barkley whose is a huge Auburn guy said it was a easy call. Everyone who saw it knows it was the right call.

Who cares, it was a easy call and it was made then. Even Barkley whose is a huge Auburn guy said it was a easy call. Everyone who saw it knows it was the right call.

If you enjoy inconsistent officiating, I can understand not caring. UVA enjoyed the refs last evening.

The double dribble miss sucks, but there's plenty of pics on Twitter of Auburn's guy with a handful of jersey when that happened.

977Al55.png

Right calls or wrong calls, that's a tough way to lose a game. Auburn fans are going to be hungover big time at work tomorrow.

If it's the Gophers at Nebraska, 100% of the time.

That foul last night was about 100x worse than Coffey's "foul". In the latter case, Coffey did get awfully close to the shooter, but then stood there straight up as the shooter purposely jumped into him and initiated contact. THAT shouldn't have been a foul call most of the time in regular time, and never at the end. Last night, the defender kept moving into the shooter and took out his legs as the shooter was jumping straight up. Easily the correct call, and completely different than what happened with Coffey.

Last edited:

Can we stop complaining about the foul called on Coffey please. Coffey fouled the kid from Nebraska. Auburn fouled the kid last night as well. Both were fouls 100% of the time.
A3F7BF37-1005-4CE2-AE7B-B682B4AF6E70.jpg

Can we stop complaining about the foul called on Coffey please. Coffey fouled the kid from Nebraska. Auburn fouled the kid last night as well. Both were fouls 100% of the time.
View attachment 6087

Your picture is awesome - it shows the contact that the shooter initiated. Show the photo of the status when Coffey stopped his movement. What you showed here is a picture of a guy absorbing a charge.

Not when the refs let physical play go uncalled the whole game prior to that play.

I agree with this. Yes, it was a foul. Yes, they let similar or worse go the whole game. People were getting mugged with no call. If you read Pat Forde's column this morning , he quotes an anonymous championship coach (coach K?) who says same thing. It didnt affect shot. He had already released it when contact was made and was just inconsistent with how rest of game was called.

Also, on the double dribble, re the photo above with a hand full of jersey, 1. Another example of refs letting things go (minor), but 2. it doesn't matter in regard to double dribble. It had to be called as Auburn player never touched ball. Just because you may get fouled, doesn't allow you to take 4 steps, for example. I understand the missed call, but but his getting fouled doesn't let it legally happen.

This from someone who really wanted VA to win and really dislikes Pearl.

Your picture is awesome - it shows the contact that the shooter initiated. Show the photo of the status when Coffey stopped his movement. What you showed here is a picture of a guy absorbing a charge.

This was first contact and Amir hadn’t established verticality. I understand your point though. If Amir had been “straight up” before contact, I’d agree that we got screwed.

The foul call should not even be called controversial. Defender jumped at the shooter and hit him. That is unequivocally a foul. Double dribble call was blown, but as pointed out on here, so was the missed foul call on the fistful of jersey.

The foul call should not even be called controversial. Defender jumped at the shooter and hit him. That is unequivocally a foul. Double dribble call was blown, but as pointed out on here, so was the missed foul call on the fistful of jersey.

But Auburn got screwed there too, as they wanted the foul called. Oh well, not going to be replayed. Glad I'm not an Auburn fan.

I agree with this. Yes, it was a foul. Yes, they let similar or worse go the whole game. People were getting mugged with no call. If you read Pat Forde's column this morning , he quotes an anonymous championship coach (coach K?) who says same thing. It didnt affect shot. He had already released it when contact was made and was just inconsistent with how rest of game was called.

Also, on the double dribble, re the photo above with a hand full of jersey, 1. Another example of refs letting things go (minor), but 2. it doesn't matter in regard to double dribble. It had to be called as Auburn player never touched ball. Just because you may get fouled, doesn't allow you to take 4 steps, for example. I understand the missed call, but but his getting fouled doesn't let it legally happen.

This from someone who really wanted VA to win and really dislikes Pearl.

The point isn't that the missed call should mean you are allowed to double dribble. It is simply that both teams were on the wrong end of bad calls, and only the losing team and fanbase is whining about it.

In addition to, as you point out, that claim being factually untrue, it also doesn't matter. Even if he had released the shot, it is still a foul. Just sour grapes from Auburn.

Great points. Said it a million times, calls go both ways good and bad and complaining about it is for losers. Half a dozen D1 coaches where my seats are all thought that Jerome was fouled and that Guy was really fouled. Auburn cheated, UVA won. At least Pearl had the class to say good and bad calls happen all game.

Built you seem to miss detailing the uva fouls that were not called.

Top Bottom