Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1255

Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    Iíll root for GSU over LSU, but letís be honest. Your squad is gonna get rolled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Meh we will see. LSU may get more than they bargained for.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyGS View Post
    Meh we will see. LSU may get more than they bargained for.

I doubt it.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

When GSU use the Spread Triple Option sometimes GSU would run into the wishbone formation, using the slot backs & a delayed count, to draw the defense off sides? Sometimes we would run the Triple option from the wishbone instead of trying to draw the defense offsides.

Maybe GSU could achieve the same thing with the 5 wide outs and putting a receiver in motion. I doubt GSU would actually run the 5 wide often as an actual play.

PJ did do a 3 receiver stack to one side and it did work. Many times the stack 3 used 1 or maybe 2 receivers in crossing roughs where 1 or 2 of the receivers were blockers. It all depends on what defense GSU is playing.
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 08-18-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    Georgia Southern Option Football - often out weighed but seldom out played!
    www.gsufans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    I doubt it.
    I'm sure you do!
    www.gsufans.com

Default Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

Since all you want to talk about are games from 5+ years ago, I thought Iíd share this informative review of GSU (from last season) from Fishhead on the LSU board.

óóó

re: GSUs 2nd scrimmage. Have been practising with 5 wide on offense
    Posted by Fishhead online on 8/18/19 at 9:14 pm to GSUsTALON

You seem very defensive, but that's OK.

You're correct that most think y'all still run triple option. I've watched a couple games from last season (GSU games) and it is strictly shotgun with RPO and triple option from what I can tell. I saw mostly 3 wideout sets. Werts seems like a decent runner, but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn past about 15 yards.

I hope we play disciplined with the option and RPO, and more than anything, I hope we force him to pass the ball. If we do, our defense will outscore your offense. And y'alls OL was swiss cheese in the games I saw. Probably because there were still players from the triple offense style, so maybe your recruiting has changed to actually getting guys more suited to OL. It shouldn't matter though. You'll be severely outsized and I suspect Aranda has done a little homework.

Looking forward to the game!

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...878246/page-3/

Since all you want to talk about are games from 5+ years ago, I thought Iíd share this informative review of GSU (from last season) from Fishhead on the LSU board.

óóó

You're correct that most think y'all still run triple option. I've watched a couple games from last season (GSU games) and it is strictly shotgun with RPO and triple option from what I can tell. I saw mostly 3 wideout sets. Werts seems like a decent runner, but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn past about 15 yards.

I hope we play disciplined with the option and RPO, and more than anything, I hope we force him to pass the ball. If we do, our defense will outscore your offense. And y'alls OL was swiss cheese in the games I saw. Probably because there were still players from the triple offense style, so maybe your recruiting has changed to actually getting guys more suited to OL. It shouldn't matter though. You'll be severely outsized and I suspect Aranda has done a little homework.

We have you right where we want you

Since all you want to talk about are games from 5+ years ago, I thought I’d share this informative review of GSU (from last season) from Fishhead on the LSU board.

———

You're right that GSU is a run first team. As far as 5 wide I doubt you'll se it much during the season. I still think you'll see a better passing team this year as in 140 yards, also think GSU can rreach 350 yards rushing per game.

You're OK Pitino!

TALON
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 08-20-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    www.gsufans.com

Default Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    You're right that GSU is a run first team. As far as 5 wide I doubt you'll se it much during the season. I still think you'll se a better passing team this year as in 140 yards, also think GSU can rreach 350 yards rushing per game.

You're OK Pitino!

TALON
    I was actually more interested in the part about Werts not being able to hit the side of a barn and the Swiss cheese O-line.

Was this going to be your backup QB? Having to retire already in his Freshman season is really a bummer. It was probably the right call, though. I only see two QBs on the roster now. Thatís a little scary.

https://twitter.com/jaudonsportssmn/...617696258?s=21

Last edited by PitinoFan; 08-19-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Werts, Tomlin, Frazier, and Hood (currently listed at slot). Definitely had some attrition there this off season.

JD King was just ruled eligible so the RB position just got a lot deeper.

As for Werts, he had a top 25 QBR and a 159 passer rating last season. Doubt him all you want.

Werts, Tomlin, Frazier, and Hood (currently listed at slot). Definitely had some attrition there this off season.

JD King was just ruled eligible so the RB position just got a lot deeper.

As for Werts, he had a top 25 QBR and a 159 passer rating last season. Doubt him all you want.

OK, I didnít see Frazier on the depth chart, but I looked him up on 247.

Theyíre gonna want to keep Werts healthy, I think.

I also looked up JD King. It doesnít look like he did anything special at Oklahoma St. Is he supposed to be good? I noticed he had an offer from the Gophers out of high school.

OK, I didnít see Frazier on the depth chart, but I looked him up on 247.

Theyíre gonna want to keep Werts healthy, I think.

I also looked up JD King. It doesnít look like he did anything special at Oklahoma St. Is he supposed to be good? I noticed he had an offer from the Gophers out of high school.

Yes, we are going to want to keep our starting QB healthy... his backups are still learning.

JD King will make a difference but our backfield was pretty good already

Yes, we are going to want to keep our starting QB healthy... his backups are still learning.

JD King will make a difference but our backfield was pretty good already

Iím not doubting that they are, but I see Kingís average to below average numbers at Oklahoma St, and projections that heíll start at GSU, and wonder what Iím missing. It will mostly come down to O-line play anyway.

Iím not doubting that they are, but I see Kingís average to below average numbers at Oklahoma St, and projections that heíll start at GSU, and wonder what Iím missing. It will mostly come down to O-line play anyway.

For sure, without decent blocking we are screwed. He had a pretty decent year as a true FR at OkSt. but was used primarily as a backup. In the one game their starter sat out he had 171 all-purpose yards against West Virginia. He started his Sophomore year with a nagging injury and didn't get much playing time. Then his dad I think fell really ill (like hospitalized) and that's why he relocated to GA.

We can beat you guys without him but it does help our RB depth when you've got 4 or 5 guys who will see the field during the course of a game.

I was actually more interested in the part about Werts not being able to hit the side of a barn and the Swiss cheese O-line.

Was this going to be your backup QB? Having to retire already in his Freshman season is really a bummer. It was probably the right call, though. I only see two QBs on the roster now. That’s a little scary.

https://twitter.com/jaudonsportssmn/...617696258?s=21
    QB Werts 2018 Highlight Video 6 minutes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfPITP5Zslo

I think Werts will be fine as long as the O line has progressed the way reports have come in!
    www.gsufans.com

What you don't see in Worts highlight video above is the hand off or pitches to the other backs or passing to other backs that weren't TDs.

For the 2018 comeback year we as an option team had a low rushing & passing average even though we scored 30ppg.
    www.gsufans.com