Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

The title to this tread was "Georgia Southern Uni vs Gophers" The Uni. stood for "University" not uniforms. I have changed the title to the thread "Georgia Southern University" as not to confuse those that want to sidetrack the post.

PLEASE NOTE that my first post, shown below, were short videos on Head Coach Fritzes Pistol Option on P5 schools. This will be the type of offense GSU will be using this year against the Gophers. I also gave the board the predicted offensive , Defensive players, weights and bios.

None of those posts were about the uniforms that GSU was going to were this year. It was a few Gophers that started the uniform sidetrack!

Most of you dont know much about GSU's past in FCS. we won 6 FCS National Championships whole we in FCS starting in 1985 running the Spread Triple Option, which really doesn't mean much to you.

Our last year in FCS under HC Monken vs U or Florida using the Spread Triple Option 8min video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylndMpwBg5k

GSU vs Georgia Tech last 3min under a new HC Fritz using the Pistol Option
GSU vs GThttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGCcYrPSNWA

NC State last 3min under HC Fritz using the Pistol youtube]chaDvK8XM1E

2nd year running the Pistol Option under HC Fritz
UGA overtime 6min video

Last year Southern went 9-3 and a bowl win = 10-3. "IF" GSU has improved to = Fritz's Pistol Option Attack at Southern it may be a closer game then you think.

Last edited:

I gave you benefit of the doubt and gave you a serious response.

The title is Georgia Southern Uni. and they're reading the heading as uniform, not university

Thank you, you gave great info. I will post all of this good info on our board so they can get a feel for the Gopher game.

Looking forward to the match up!

TALON

www.gsufans.com

Last edited:

Yeah, most know it's not about uniforms and aren't taking this poster seriously and just having some fun.

I dont know about that PMW. I think those that posted about uniforms believed that this thread was about uniforms because they are DUCK fans. They really did want to know about other team’s football fashions. I think most of the Gopher posters that posted about uniforms have taken to many fashion & home economics courses for electives at Minnesota.

PMW- "aren't taking this poster seriously and just having some fun."

Maybe I should start a new thread " Collage Uniforms and fun with fashion" presented by Uni of Oregon & Minnesota" **(NOW I THINK THAT WOULD BE FUN FOR SOME OF YOUR POSTERS!)

www.gsufans.com

Last edited:

Thanks STP for the interview with GSUs OC & other videos.

https://youtu.be/l-9BRWf9Jws

This was a great interview with our OC. Last year we didn't run a lot of motion & the offense was simplified. As I said before last year was a comeback year. I think this year the complexity of the offense will improve!

The one that follows with the Bama head coach was nice to see again.

You're welcome! Are you and ToastyGS coming up for this game?

I sadly cannot. I can only afford a few road trips this fall and I have a few booked already. If by some chance I get some financial boost in the next few months I'll look into it! I've never been to Minnesota before.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I really wish I could. I have just retired and am putting a high % of my money into the home getting ready to down size. I'll be fine after this year, but as of now the only games I will be going to are GSU home games.

Thanks for asking.

To all of you that gave an insight into Gopher football I will post all of this good info on our board so they can get a feel for the Gopher game.

TALON

www.gsufans.com

Last edited:

I really wish I could. I have just retired and am putting a high % of my money into the home getting ready to down size. I'll be fine after this year, but as of now the only games I will be going to are GSU home games.

Thanks for asking.

To all of you that gave an insight into Gopher football I will post all of this good info on our board so they can get a feel for the Gopher game.

TALON

www.gsufans.com

Understood. Enjoy retirement!

I see that ToastyGS has been responding on other Gopher threads. I'll have to look them up. I didn't know another GSU fan was posting!

www.gsufans.com

Last edited:

I see that ToastyGS has been responding on other Gopher threads. I'll have to look them up. I didn't know another GSU fan was posting!

www.gsufans.com

You would have better luck on here if you actually posted about the teams or game instead of focusing on uniforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, you gave great info. I will post all of this good info on our board so they can get a feel for the Gopher game.

TALON

www.gsufans.com

Itll be fun, if you were coming id buy you a beer

Hopefully GSU fans that make it have fun and go home sad.

You would have better luck on here if you actually posted about the teams or game instead of focusing on uniforms.

Does the "M" on that spiffy helm of yours stand for MONTANA?

Itll be fun, if you were coming id buy you a beer

Hopefully GSU fans that make it have fun and go home sad.

I'd love to tailgate with you and your group! I'd bring a 24 pac and you could have as many as you wanted. Sadly I'd drink 4 to your one.

The nice thing is that when GSU wins you can drink more! ;-)

Last edited:

I think our stadium <I>could</I> hold 27K.

I know the Gophers stadium could hold 27k. Paulson Stadium holds 27k, but when we beat the Gophers their will be limited seating for the Gopher fans when you want a rematch after GSU wins. ;-)

Will we have more fans for the spring game than GaSo?

Are you this bored with your life?

Nah he makes 3.2 beer posts while drinking inferior distilled beverages such as Vodka. Some day he'll move up to rum, Cognac, Scotch... ;). Actually, the posts are pretty tame. I think he just wants to talk football and mix in a little "friendly" banter. I think we can agree that these posts are much better than NDSU fan posts.

Just not much to talk about at this point. I do think that we have the edge on Offensive and Defensive Lines, and Punting. I am guessing that we also have the edge at Running back?, Linebacker, Wide Receiver, and defensive backs. Where GSU has an edge is there will only be one week to prep for their offense. Discipline obviously will be key. If we can start fast, I think we will win big. I will say that it appears that they throw more and better than Georgia Tech. So it should be fun/ interesting. Good early test.

Nah he makes 3.2 beer posts while drinking inferior distilled beverages such as Vodka. Some day he'll move up to rum, Cognac, Scotch... ;). Actually, the posts are pretty tame. I think he just wants to talk football and mix in a little "friendly" banter. I think we can agree that these posts are much better than NDSU fan posts.

Just not much to talk about at this point. I do think that we have the edge on Offensive and Defensive Lines, and Punting. I am guessing that we also have the edge at Running back?, Linebacker, Wide Receiver, and defensive backs. Where GSU has an edge is there will only be one week to prep for their offense. Discipline obviously will be key. If we can start fast, I think we will win big. I will say that it appears that they throw more and better than Georgia Tech. So it should be fun/ interesting. Good early test.

STP - "Actually, the posts are pretty tame. I think he just wants to talk football and mix in a little "friendly" banter. I think we can agree that these posts are much better than NDSU fan posts."

TALON- Yes the banter is tame & yes I am board. I really like football season & I find your posters interesting. After GSU's first 2 games I can somewhat gauge how well our offense & defense has progressed over last years comeback. If we do well the banter can get stronger the week before the game. By stronger I do not mean the use of profanity.

STP - "Just not much to talk about at this point. I do think that we have the edge on Offensive and Defensive Lines, and Punting. I am guessing that we also have the edge at Running back?, Linebacker, Wide Receiver, and defensive backs. Where GSU has an edge is there will only be one week to prep for their offense.

TALON - I can see that the P5 Gophers would have the edge in players in a lot of areas. The trick for GSU belongs in the coaching staffs hands to negate some of those advantages as GSU did with Georgia, GT & South Carolina.

PARTY on STP

TALON

www.gsufans.com

Will we have more fans for the spring game than GaSo?

YES you will.

The team that impresses me the most for their attendance at the Spring game is Nebraska. They can actually sell out there stadium for those things. I also have heard that they have the longest streak for sell outs for their home games.

I think our stadium <I>could</I> hold 27K.

The Gophers stadium holds about 50K. About twice as many as GSUs Paulson Stadium at 27k.
What is your average attendance.

STP - Nah he makes 3.2 beer posts while drinking inferior distilled beverages such as Vodka. Some day he'll move up to rum, Cognac, Scotch..

Oh, I like Rum, vodka & and I'd drink Scotch after I ran out of the others in a pinch, but I do not like Bourbon

YES you will.

The team that impresses me the most for their attendance at the Spring game is Nebraska. They can actually sell out there stadium for those things. I also have heard that they have the longest streak for sell outs for their home games.

Sure but I went there for a game and albeit sold out plenty of empty seats and yes I picked up my seats discounted from a husker faithful season ticket hold

You may have read this already. 2019 Gopher season overview including GSU.

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2019...-football-breaking-down-gophers-2019-schedule

Part of GSU preview -

"The bad news: Yes, the Gopher defense fared well against the Georgia Tech triple-option offense in the Quick Lane Bowl, but it is important to remember that the Eagles run a different version of the option offense. Georgia Southern head coach Chad Lunsford and offensive coordinator Bob DeBesse have put their own unique stamp on the traditional under center option offense, frequently operating out of shotgun and pistol formations. It’s tough to argue with the results, as the Eagles were a Top 10 rushing offense last season, averaging 266.2 yards per game."

I will say that 266 rushing yards per game is very low for a GSU team.

Last edited:

YES you will.

Well, duh. Have you ever been to Lincoln? What else is there to do on a Saturday afternoon?

Top Bottom